Saturday, October 18, 2014

Scroll work and a bed frame

Good morning everyone

Last week I mentioned that I had changed my mind about making the second little room into a dressing room - and had decided instead to go with a second guest room. I showed you some options for bed frames I had found online - none of which I was able to get for one reason or another.................but I did find this one.


It's nothing at all of what I had imagined - but it'll do - and I DO happen to like the curves and  scroll work which will tie in ( kind of, sort of, maybe ? )  with this small dresser I'll be using as a night table

Transferring an image on a dresser

The scrolls were transferred on using a transfer from the The Graphics Fairy and later darkened with a sharpie.....................



It served as my end table in our last place and I was thinking of freshening it up and selling it - now it'll be staying with me a little longer since it's the perfect size for a lamp and a few books.

This is how it looked before

Transferred image on dresser

You can see the tutorial for the transfer  HERE

Meanwhile I haven't stopped painting in that room for 3 days - and it's only going white
( with one deep grey accent wall which you can't see in this photo )
The first 2 coats barely covered - I'm on the 3rd and it's looking a little cleaner now
And as much as I love the little windows I can't tell you what a pain they are to paint !!!
( much scraping involved - I'll just say that - there's paint on the glass panes that I swear to you has to be 50 years old )


This room's the brighter of the 2 guest rooms because it has a small sash window on the other side of as well.................( where the deep grey will go ) and the bed will be placed in a sort of nook on that side ( made to measure almost )

And that's what I've been working on non stop now.....................before moving on to the offce ( and final upstairs room )

I'm determined that it'll be finished before we hit our first year " anniversary " in this place.

The first guest room was done with particular little princesses in mind


You can see it HERE - but this one's going to be all grown up - not fluffy at all
All white - with black accents ( much like my room now that I think of it )


Before and after my room is HERE

Okay - gotta run before the paint dries on the roller ( AND I change my mind about the whole thing again )

Come, let's scroll  ♪
Scroll across the floor
Come, let's scro oh oh ll  ♪♫
Scroll across the floor
Now turn around baby.......................

Let's scroll once more   ♪♫♪



Have a wonderful day everyone -
Much love
Me

Looking for inspiration?  Join me at these fabulous parties !

I Should be Mopping the Floor                                 Between Naps on the Porch
Coastal Charm                                                           Sand & Sisal
A Stroll Thru Life                                                      Cedar Hill Farm House
An Extraordinary Day                                               Kathe with an E
The DIY Dreamer                                                    Savvy Southern Style
Beyond the Picket Fence                                          Ginger Snap Crafts   
Adorned From Above                                              Have a Daily Cup of Mrs Olson
Ivy & Elephants                                                From My Front Porch to Yours
My Romantic Home                                                 One More Time Events
Life on Lakeshore Drive                                           My Turn for Us
Miss Mustard Seed                                                  Elizabeth & Co.

25 comments:

  1. I like the bed...and the scroll piece chest. I can also see a very French vibe going with this. Just a thought about the extra guest room. One of the ways I survived early menopause was sleeping in another room on occasion. The whole flipping the covers off and on the bed made my significant other crazy and no one was getting any sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suzan,
    I love that night stand. How beautiful. Love the scroll work. That bed frame is awesome. You are making the best of these rooms and this guest room is going to be so pretty. I love the idea of the grey accent wall with the white walls. That is going to be stunning. I know those little windows are a pain to paint but how cute are those. Just love those little windows. Have a great Sunday my friend.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the bed and it is perfect with the nightstand you painted. Can't wait to see the reveal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's looks good, Suzan! I think that bed is the perfect match for that dresser with the scroll work on it. A nice tie-in. That bed is so different from anything you were looking for and yet it works...plus with the open feel to it it will take up a lot less space visually and make the room seem bigger.

    Have a great Sunday! xo Diana

    ps. I don't usually ask people to go to my blog BUT-If you get a chance swing by my blog. A little boy is lost in the mountains and the family is asking for prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that frame!! Clean lined yet a bit sexy ~ perfect with the side table!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW, you are really coming along fast with that guest bedroom. Can hardly wait to see the finished results. Like the bed very much and it will look really good with your little chests.
    Have a great week.
    Hugs
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so much farther ahead on your house than I am on mine...gosh darn this full-time job! (4 more years...4 more years...)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Schweeeeet! I am such a slug today, only cleaning so you are inspiring me to want to start the day over. lol I NEEEED to get to get to Home Depot or Lowes for some latex paint. I have tons of calcium carbonate and plaster of paris to make my own chalk paint. LOTS of Golden high flow colors to tint the paint to my hearts content. LOTS of furniture to upgrade thanks to the hotel liquidators store. (A GREAT place to find, inexpensive yet well made, furniture).
    Love your new guest room, love the transfer idea (thanks for the reminder about Graphics Fairy) and tons of warmth to you and gentle hugs to Soda.
    ~ Christina

    ReplyDelete
  9. The bed is fabulous! Are you going to paint it? What am I saying? But what if you left it the metal color, would it not look fabulous standing out against the white walls in sharp contrast, similar to the curves and curlicues on the dresser/nightstand which, BTW, is gorgeous, too. I sure wouldn't have the patience (or the steady hand) needed to "color in" all those tracings from the Graphics Fairy! Can you tell us what "shade" or shades of white you are using? Until I bought my own stick-built home back in 1989, I had had no idea how many different shades of white were available -- even then. Geez!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I love that bed and the scroll effect. Wow, what a gorgeous guest room Suzan!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Donna - there's been so many uses for this bedroom in my mind - office - dressing room - finally a second guest room - it may end up a kitchen in the end LMHO
      xoxoxo

      Delete
  11. Whatever you do, it turns out beautifully! You've put in sooooo much time and manual labor on this house...does it just feel never ending? :) I would be glad to come and "test" the room once it's finished! I absolutely LOVE your room...I also like the room for the Princesses.

    Great job on the side table ~ I don't remember having seen it before.

    xo
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your night stand is adorable. I love the pattern transfer. I"m so glad that you are nearing the finish line.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You had something wood in your house that hadn't been painted??? I'm shocked, I would keep it too it came up beautifully

    ReplyDelete
  14. Suzan your second guest room is going to be just beautiful! I LOVE that bed! Still love the scroll pattern on the dresser too and plan to get it on my armoire one of these days!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is going to look fantastic! Looking forward to the reveal.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love that bed frame, as well as your gorgeous dresser and night stand. Love Everything about that guest room. Looks very cozy and warm looking

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds like you are ultra busy, and very happy too. You are, afterall, singing. :) I am sure it's going to be gorgeous, and I can't wait to see it all when you're done.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I can't wait to see this room done. It sounds so cute and cozy. xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. You've got a scroll thing goin' on! Love the little night stand and it ties with the bed perfectly. Can't wait to see the whole room done. Have a lovely day!
    Hugs, Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  20. I do think the scrollwork on the bed compliments the dresser nicely. I sang along with you. Looks like instead of going for a stroll you are going for a scroll! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  21. Suzan,
    I love the way this little chest came out. It looks great in the room. Thanks so much for sharing with Adorned From Above's Link Party. We hope to see you at tonight's party.
    Debi

    ReplyDelete

Due to a large amount of spam ( that I'm tired of going back to posts and deleting ) I'll be using comment moderation from now on !!!
Can I beat these spammers at their own game? Probably not - but I'm going
to try my damnedest !!!
xoxo