Monday, October 12, 2015

HOLEY MOLY PUMPKIN !

So we went to our daughter's for Thanksgiving .................and she had this pumpkin sitting on her wine cabinet


When we were getting ready to leave and she was filling plates of leftovers for everyone - she asked what I wanted.

Your pumpkin......I said
And out we walked with it ( plus leftovers lol )
They made the holes with a drill bit for doors  - 2 sizes - all over - took them all of 5 minutes apparently!
It looks pretty magical at night !

I even grabbed the faux leaves she had wrapped around the stem





And that little ceramic pumpkin and gourd in the background?
They were on her table and promptly went in Mama's purse
( I'm ok taking knick knacks out of my kids houses - they take furniture out of mine ! )
I've had that lantern for years and years - never dawned on my that it's kind of pumpkin shaped !


The flowers that were in this bicycle plant stand died this week so the timing was perfect to plop a pumpkin inside
The poor man's version of Cinderella's coach - in this version a coachman has to peddle his butt of to get her to the ball - not quite as glamorous I know but it's better then having to walk to a ball, right?




I've got another pumpkin coming up - for someone who never decorates for Fall - I'm sure on a roll
Somebody stop me !



Have a wonderful day everyone
Hugs,
Me


LOOKING FOR INSPIRATION?
JOIN ME AT THESE FABULOUS PARTIES !

ELIZABETH & CO.                                            FLUSTER BUSTER
SAVVY SOUTHERN STYLE                                    MY SALVAGED TREASURES
LEHMAN LANE                                                        NORTHERN NESTING
LAMBERTS LATELY                                                I GOTTA CREATE
LIVE LAUGH ROWE                                                ORGANIZED 31
THE CHARM OF HOME                                          FRENCH COUNTRY COTTAGE
MISS TOODY GOO SHOES                                    THE INTERIOR FRUGALISTA
LIFE ON LAKESHORE DRIVE                                IT'S OVERFLOWING
REDHEAD CAN DECORATE                                  DWELLINGS THE HEART OF YOUR HOME
BETWEEN NAPS ON THE PORCH                        AN EXTRAORDINARY DAY
KATHE WITH AN E                                                 GRACE & GOOD EATS
CRAFTBERRY BUSH                                               MY TURN FOR US
THE CRAFTED SPARROW                                     THE GIRL CREATIVE


35 comments:

  1. Super cute pumpkin, and it's perfect for sitting in the little bike! My daughter knows by now, to just go ahead and buy two of things, cause I will certainly go collecting at her place too! :) ~Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rhonda ! She actually did buy 2 each of the ceramic pumpkins and gourds - so I didn't feel that guilty LMHO !!!
      xoxo

      Delete
  2. That pumpkin is just about as cute as can be. How's the grand baby? Did he sleep through Thanksgiving dinner?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That pumpkin is so cute and I love it in your little bike. Adorable! Glad you had a nice Thanksgiving all together.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that pumpkin! I would have taken it home too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the pumpkin! Something I've thought of doing but never did. Your fall display looks wonderful and I think Cinderella would be proud to ride on the bicycle to meet her prince. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats...a bit of orange...and that is a cool idea, I love the Polka Dots. I have a bottle of black sequin paint sitting to dot one of mine...maybe I will get it done by Halloween. Time is flying by and I'm still missing my Halloween totes...grrrrr. Thanks for the share, Sandi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandi - there's more color out there then I've ever had in my life LOL !
      Start working on that pumpkin - there's only 2 weeks left !
      xox

      Delete
  7. I can just imagine you going thru the house! haha
    The pumpkin is perfect for your porch. I have yet to decorate my porch because the pumpkins will rot in this heat. I don't feel like dragging all the faux ones out of storage, but I might have to, Is your door yellow yet? ;)
    xoxo, T.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Belated Thanksgiving ! Love the pumpkin !

    ReplyDelete
  9. I knew you would eventually get roped into the FALL DECORATING routine. lol Google pumpkins with holes---there are some amazing ones out there!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd say you're getting all decked out for Fall; if you're ready for it or not.
    Have a wonderful evening

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great idea, to drill holes in a pumpkin! And it is certainly ok for mom to take a few goodies! That pumpkin shaped lantern is perfect for the vignette! xoKathleen

    ReplyDelete
  12. you.crack.me.up! Oh my gosh, I can't believe you're still going on Fall decorating! You must have gotten bit by something...LOL. And then to take it from your daughter's - too funny! (Plus the other stuff). :o) Love the pumpkin in the bike planter and it looks so pretty lit up! Can't wait to see the other pumpkin.
    Hey, I finally painted my table and chairs! They look great!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is a great idea! The best part is that out in my garden I have a little old trike that belonged to my Mom, would be perfect to display one of my pumpkins. I'm copying your idea, Mama would have loved it. Thanks for sharing.

    Happy October!
    Jules@Halloweenistic.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been looking for the perfect little trike for my garden - lucky you - and a pumpkin would be perfect sitting on top of it !!!
      Thanks Julie
      xox

      Delete
  14. Hi Susan, I took a break for a bit. II was laughing about you swiping from your daughter. I like that lantern

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm a pumpkin addict myself and I love this idea! I love polka-dots too, so this is absolutely perfect. Thanks for sharing at Vintage Inspiration Party.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh how cute! I've seen the holey pumpkins before and I'm glad you reminded me. I'm going to do this!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the pumpkins you spirited away from your daughter! I also love that old lantern--it does resemble a steam punk pumpkin! Very cool!
    You are on a roll decorating for Fall for someone who has been complaining to put the brake on the seasons.
    I do love Fall because, of course, we HAVE NONE!! I haven't mustered the energy to even get the Fall decorations out because I sweat so much,(excuse me, meant to say PERSPIRE), in 100+ temps I get weak! Plus I cannot get into the Fall or Halloween mood with 105 temps!
    So I am living vicariously through you and your lovely pictures with the AC on and a fan blasting on my back.
    Good goin'--show me some more before I pass out from dehydration or we have to evacuate for a fire storm!
    A bientot!
    Laura, et al

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're still at 105 temps Laura?
      OMG - ok that's a little too much - the pumpkin would turn to mush in a day or two sitting outside LMHO !!!
      I hope you back up air conditioning and fans LOL
      Stay cool - ( I'm trying to stay warm )
      A bientot a vous aussi !!! ( look at you - all bilingual like :)
      XOX

      Delete
    2. Mais oui, Cherie! Vous avez raison! Il faut practiquer mon Francais.

      Delete
  18. It really is the perfect Cinderella coach!! Glad you had a wonderful family filled turkey feast Suzan! Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your displays, and the pumpkin idea is great! Glad to find and follow you from the Roll Link Party :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. That is adorable!! I always love something that is a bit different and not the norm!! Would be beautiful on our porch. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks so much Jamie - I thought it was so original - but someone told me to google pumpkins with holes - HOLEY cow there's some gorgeous ones out there !
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the pumpkin!! Sounds like you had a great Thanksgiving. Our temps are finally cooler and it feels like Fall here now.
    ~Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  23. It looks great! Love it lit up! Thanks for joining Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such a cute pumpkin!!!
    Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Due to a large amount of spam ( that I'm tired of going back to posts and deleting ) I'll be using comment moderation from now on !!!
Can I beat these spammers at their own game? Probably not - but I'm going
to try my damnedest !!!
xoxo