Sunday, August 2, 2015

A LITTLE BLING IN THE KITCHEN.................

I went to Ikea...............

To pick up a couple of " prizes " for games at Ashley's shower next weekend .................

But John is right.

I can't - I simply cannot walk into that store ( or any store if the truth be known ) and not go completely nuts.

So......................I bought 2 cutting boards for the counters
( If you remember we had a budget crises last year and ended up putting marble tiles down instead of a slab)
You can see it HERE

These cutting boards are great - I've been using them for many many years actually - because they have an edge to keep them in place - and if you turn them around they have a ridge to catch drippings.


Anyway - that's NOT what this post is about

Oh and then I found a round sisal place mat.............I only took one because I had an idea for it.

And an " Active Susan " ( I refuse to call it a Lazy Susan - it's a personal thing - I think they work pretty hard carrying heavy loads and twirling around all the time - like a ballerina holding an elephant )

I have a round marble piece ( from an Italian side table I bought many moons ago )
It sits on the island................( don't look too closely - the island top is made out of fence planks - I have an affinity for fence planks - you can see how we created it  HERE )


I placed the Active Susan on top of it  ( this is all about layering LMHO )


and then placed the mat on top of that 



WAIT !
DON'T GO !
JUST A COUPLE OF MORE LAYERS !!!

John walked by -
John says - ARE YOU TRYING TO BUILD A BLOODY CASTLE???

I placed a silver tray on top of it - ( you don't really need to see a pic of that, do you? )

And then I placed a dome from a cake stand on top of that - 5 layers everybody

But look how cute it looks !
(If I had any sense of deceny ( have you no decency Madam? ) I'd have washed the dome before taking photos)
Of course you could add height by placing a couple of bricks underneath ( that's a joke - cuz I'm funny )




Ok - I've washed it now and moved the corn for what reason I have no idea

John says - Why are you running around with the corn?
Suzan says - For staging
John says - YOU'RE STAGING WITH CORN IN THE COB ??????????
Suzan says - Don't you have mulch to put down or something?
John says - Do you want to scatter some of it on the table?

Not necessary John...............that's just over the top I think


Anyway - again -  that's NOT what this post is about ..............
It's about BLING - remember?

As in that gold light in the back ground................


Could you die?
I mean really - is that one gorgeous lamp?


I want to run back and buy a whole slew of them - a couple in the living room - the den - my bedroom -
OUTSIDE ON THE DECK !!!!!!!!!!
It gives off the most glorious sparkles !


They come in silver and gold - and though silver would have probably worked in this kitchen a little more cohesively - I just couldn't resist the gold !
It's like kitchen jewellery !

Did I tell you that last week I went to buy ant traps at Home Depot - and bought a kitchen stove instead?
He's 100% right, you know.
I'm certifiable.


But at least when I do it - it benefits the house.


John went out to pick up mulch yesterday and came home with these - which benefit no one but himself


John says - YOU'D BETTER NOT BE TAKING A PHOTO OF MY BOXERS -
Suzan says - Are you nuts?
Suzan says - You're getting really paranoid now

Anyway - that's NOT what this post is about 

It's about bling.
In the kitchen.


We're going to IKEA today to look at outdoor furniture -
Guess what I'll be coming home with?
It rhymes with SING.

Have a wonderful Sunday everyone
Much love,
Me


LOOKING FOR INSPIRATION?
JOIN ME AT THESE FABULOUS PARTIES !

I SHOULD BE MOPPING THE FLOOR           DWELLINGS THE HEART OF YOUR HOME
BETWEEN NAPS ON THE PORCH                 CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE AADDICT
MY UNCOMMON SLICE OF SUBURBIA      A STROLL THRU LIFE
AN EXTRAORDINARY DAY                           FLUSTER BUSTER
SAVVY SOUTHERN STYLE                            HAVE A DAILY CUP OF MRS. OLSON
NO MINIMALIST HERE                                   I GOTTA CREATE
LAMBERT'S LATELY                                       LIVE LAUGH ROWE
FRENCH COUNTRY COTTAGE                     TOO MUCH TIME ON MY HANDS
THE CHRONICLES OF HOME                        MY TURN FOR US
THE CRAFTED SPARROW                              THE 36TH AVENUE

30 comments:

  1. Oh My Gosh! I need some bling! I was going to ask if they had it in silver but you answered that question. It's so gorgeous!
    And I love your layering and the staging of the corn. :-) looks great!
    Lol on the boxers. Heehee. They just never know when we will put something on the blog, do they?
    Have a wonderful day, my friend.
    Hugs,
    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have two of those boards as well. Love them! and they're half price this year!! but I don't need any more of them...

    Very pretty stuff! and don't get me started on ants. I have 300 bites from when I pruned my 100 yo ash tree last Friday. I've never seen so many ants in my life as there are in this town. UGH.

    Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suzan, you're a hoot. Hey, that bling looks awesome now (and so does the layered marble, active Susan that's like a ballerina twirling with an elephant), but it'll look good all year round. Think of what you can do with it (them!) around the holidays? Psst...I just scored one of those cutting boards from a neighbor's garage sale - I passed it over, and when I went back, he GAVE it to me, along with a bunch of other cool stuff. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE that lamp! I would want mine in silver, but the sparkles are to die for!

    Great job on the layering ~

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the lamp too. Pick one up for me. LOL
    Have fun today. :-))
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love you, Suzan. I'm going to Ikea this week (we have one in Orlando, one in Tampa & I always head north) and will definitely buy the bling. Which color? Silly girl.......both of course.

    I've had one of their edged cutting boards for maybe 5 years and it's warped now...rocks a bit but is still much loved. I am definitely an Ikea gal.....have a house full of their stuff. Also hoping to find some of those cute itty bitty 3 legged stools for my little Riley (our first great granddaughter). She's only 8 months old but our Nick is in the army and they don't live nearby. Takes me some time to get a carful ready to visit. When she was 6 weeks I found a rocking horse to save for birthday #1.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If the Ikea near me was open on Sunday, I'd be running right out to get me some Thing that rhymes with Sing, so I am certifiable right along side you! The Active Susan also gets a big thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ohhh Ikea gets me in troule touble too. We were just there this Thursday and got bookshelves for our office. I love your kitchen and that lamp ROCKS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Christine !!!
      They're bookshelves are great - had 3 Billy ones for years and years !
      XOXO

      Delete
  9. It is allll about the bling!! http://www.mommiezonamission.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/bling-bling-golden-glitter.gif
    Just sayin'... vignette with bling or boxers.... bling 100% of the time. :) Happy shopping Suzan!! ~ Christina

    ReplyDelete
  10. Is John gonna find out that we saw his undies ? He'll have a coronary, you know that, Suzan. Keep 911 on speed dial. Hey, and as long as you're layering, I think the apple pile needs to be taller. :-) Love the light...would make a super night light for when you need to get up at night and stumble around. I woulda got the silver, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I laughed out loud, when I read John's statement asking you if you wanted to spread the mulch on the table. So funny, you two should write a book..really. Oh, did you buy prizes too, for the shower, or was that forgotten? (Laughing again)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - he makes those comments ALL the time - in a dead serious voice too - he's hilarious ( and doesn't know it )
      Except when he actually TRIES to be funny LOL
      YES I bought some prizes - except I'm keeping a few of them - so now I have to run out and get more !!!
      XOXO

      Delete
  12. I make DL buy his own underwear, as well. Guys just don't get it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Everything is fabulous, but I love that light! I was just in Ikea on Thursday and so wish I had seen these! I need a couple badly...lol! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey !! I love the Active (hyperactive) Susan and all its layers. I call it Texture.
    Bling is seen in all things be it lights or boxers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LMHO BarbaraAnn - I guess bling is in the eyes of the beholder LOL
      XOXO

      Delete
  15. Chricky I was laughing reading this, hilarious, really truly! Ant traps and a stove. So I thought you bought a stove, but then there was a price problem right? And you didn't get it? Or was not you and someone else, God, I think the heat is making me crazy! Love the light, they probably cost $2, it's Ikea. Get this, all my dining room and 1/2 the kitchen are still parked as still in reno mode here. But I keep buying stuff! It's going to be one helluva yard sale come Oct. Love your display and bling. Get a few more! xo Patty

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your layers and love the BLING!! We don't haver an Ikea ANYWHERE near me so I never get there. BOOOOO:( Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Too funny---remember threaten to post his boxers…I will keep that one in mind. Um, and I have the same cutting board---only one…but then who knows. Walking out of IKEA empty handed IS IMPOSSIBLE! Love reading your posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'm going to challenge myself one day - to go to Ikea and just browse - not buy anything
      Try to overcome this addiction LOL !
      Thanks so much xoxoxoxo

      Delete
  18. Great idea !!! Love the bling too :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love, love, love the lamp! I guess it's a good thing we don't have an IKEA nearby order I would be in trouble, I do enough damage at Homegoods!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nice layering and love your kitchen bling as well.
    Oh, and nice boxers John

    ReplyDelete
  21. love the new look. I'm going to Ikea tomorrow to shop around. thanks for the info.

    ReplyDelete
  22. That IS a gorgeous lamp! I just might be heading out to IKEA soon!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Yup, it's all about the layering! Really turned out cute. And the bling is certainly fun! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh Sweetie. You crack me up! I love the Bling and the narration! It was a lovely tour! And very Fallish. So honey you have to come over and party at The Fabulous Fall link party! Your boxer boy sounds just like my Cowboy. There are some things they just don't get! Bling on!

    ReplyDelete

Due to a large amount of spam ( that I'm tired of going back to posts and deleting ) I'll be using comment moderation from now on !!!
Can I beat these spammers at their own game? Probably not - but I'm going
to try my damnedest !!!
xoxo