Wednesday, October 2, 2013

I WANNA live there # 57 ( my home sweet home )

I live in a pretty incredible area - in Montreal, It's an historical neighbourhood loaded with tons and tons of charm - and 20th century architecture, just steps away from the city center, it's also a pretty expensive neighbourhood ( in which I live in servants quarters basically compared to what I'm surrounded by ) 
Because there are days I don't have furniture makeovers to show you - I've chosen Wednesdays to showcase and feature one or two homes that are for sale around here.................( or apartment - or duplex - or teepee )
Keep in mind this is in the heart of the city - so the prices reflect that  - think Manhattan - where these places would cost 3 or 4 times what they're listed for here!
On occasion I'll showcase beautiful homes in other areas - countries - continents - the one thing most of them will have have in common will be their age - because I love old homes with stories to tell, join me won't you?
________________________________________________________________________

Well guys - it looks like I may be leaving my " pretty incredible area "
Our home is in the final stages of being sold - a few loose ends to tie up and we're done.
The good news?
We broke a record here for quickest sale ever.
The bad news?
My heart is broken in pieces over leaving it....................
New posts on I WANNA live there - may be revised to I HAFTA live there lol

I promised you the professional photos a while back - but couldn't upload them for some reason - now I can - so here they are :)


Price : 495,000$

Listing :
15045182
Type :
Apartment (Attached)
Asking price :
495,000$
Address : 81 Hallowell Street
Westmount (Montréal)
Near : Ste-Catherine W.
Date of occupancy : 60 days
REALTOR - 


I know a lot of people share photos of their homes - but for some reason I'm a little uncomfortable with it - I'd much rather show little sneak peaks - there's something that leaves
me feeling too vulnerable doing this - my style is not everyone's style - I tend to put a LOT into my homes ( crowding ) because I find solace in being surrounded with things I love.
Plus there's a couple of items that should not be in the photos at all - furniture that's waiting to be sold lol - but this is more to show you the home itself and not my style at all...............



The above photo should not have that desk plunked down in the middle of the bookcases - it's for sale and I had no where to " stash " it - normally the entry would look like this





my little farmhouse table bought with this house - and this little kitchen - in mind
( you can see how it doubles in size HERE )


The buffet hutch I bought and redid because of lack of storage 


Lots of huge meals were lovingly prepared in this impossibly tiny 100 year old city kitchen


The bathroom - that was going to be the next room to be completely done over in white marble and chandeliers - I guess that job will be for the next house - there's the branches that sparked this conversation HERE


our bedroom - and this is the only photo - where I prefer mine ( sorry Mr. Photographer )
my crappy unprofessional photo


The professional one


and this people - this is where I started my blogging journey from - this tiny little office


Where I'm sitting right now - under that Paris picture - fighting a terrible urge to cry like a baby.
A LOT of love went into this place ( I have to keep reminding myself that a lot of love has gone into everywhere I've lived - and will go into the next one too ) 

SO..................we're making appointments to look at these next 2 homes this weekend.
To possibly purchase - and flip - ( while living in them - wish us luck - again ) 



A rare chance to own an affordable waterfront home in Hudson...a charming ancestral cottage on the Main Road in Como with a private garden leading to a private beach. Cozy pine paneled walls, hardwood floors and a field stone fireplace.Some important updates have been done and it will be yours to restore to its glory days of circa 1850.

  • Lot Frontage:
  • 87.0 Feet
  • Lot Depth:
  • 409.0 Feet
  • Lot Size:
  • 19936.0
  • Bedrooms:
  • 4
  • Bathrooms:
  • 1
  • Lot Assessment:
  • $222,300.00
  • Building Assessment:
  • $145,200.00
  • Total Assessment:
  • $367,500.00
  • Municipal Tax:
  • $3,435.00
  • School Tax:
  • $778.00
  • Annual Tax Amount:
  • $4,213.00
  • No. of Parking Spaces:
  • 2
  • Built in:
  • 1850


PRICE - 334,900

Before you gasp - and think OMG Suzan - whatever are you thinking - I have to let you know that this house ( above ) looked horrible when we first visited - and the home before that - well ....everyone thought I was insane to buy it - including John ( and that one sold in 8 hours ) you're going to have to put on your imagination cap - and I'll help you out a little in the process..............I think most of you may see the potential but I'm warning you - it ain't pretty !!!
( I also promise you I could turn this into something pretty spectacular - I just KNOW it )
This is a very trendy little village - and lakeside properties sell for a fortune in this district - and private lake access is impossible to get for under a million or two................
We would probably build an extension on to this - making it a little larger - 


I featured another little house like this a few weeks ago - and most of you fell in love - (HERE)
so I'm going to show you a few of those photos again as well - to show you how the transformation could happen !!!

This is the OTHER HOUSE


I'm actually giggling to myself picturing your reaction to the next photo - 
John says - What the hell is the floor made of 
Suzan says - It's just carpet it can be easily lifted - and it's wood underneath
John says - It's God Awful............

He's not visual
At all




Ok - so now that I've shown you what it looks like - let me show you what it COULD look like with very little effort - really this could be all done with paint - and we all know how much I love paint lol



French doors out into the garden perhaps?


some built ins - a beautiful chandelier - the pine painted out and voila - another room could be made into a charming country dining room - I love that there's beams already in place.


Admittedly the kitchen would take a little more work than paint - 

but that's the beauty of buying old - that you get to put your stamp on it, right ???
It needs a new floor - without question - and it needs to be reconfigured slightly 
but it has room for a farmhouse table ( and that may be the most important criteria of all ) 
LOVE the wood ceiling - and again, the beams


Does anyone else see a dutch door replacing the one that's there?
( although I have to admit I DO like the one that's there ) 
Check out the phone all the wall - talk about a blast from the past lol
They may, however, need to include that cuckoo clock in the sale - I've always wanted one 


Laundry room off the kitchen - I've NEVER had a laundry room in my life - EVER - 


I actually may be most excited about this room LMHO
and I can see this so perfectly 
( Donna from An Anglo in Quebec ) her little laundry/pantry beside her Kitchen
I may ask you to help me out with this one Donna !!!


Bedroom - again - carpets lifted - wood painted out - chandelier hung - and I could sleep quite comfortably I'm sure


and three tiny rooms upstair - guest room - office - little library - whatever -  ( they all basically look the same so only showing one ) 


But again a little paint can turn this - into this


What do y'all think?
And there's this one I'm booking an appointment for also - but NO photos of the interior which tells you something in itself lol




I will of course be trading my beloved city street


but the trade off's not too shabby - this private part of the river might just be what this hectic soul needs a little of right now.................down the lane, Maryjane !!!


I'll keep you updated :)
If you want to see what a difference professional photos make - you can see my terrible ones
HERE
Much love,



Sharing with!
No Minimalist Here                                  Stone Gable                                 Common Ground
The Charm of Home                                Shabby Art Boutique                    My Turn for Us
My Romantic Home                                The Shabby Nest                          I Heart Nap Time
It's Overflowing                                       Not Just a Housewife                    DIY by Design
Savvy Southern Style                               I Gotta Create                              Shabby Creek Cottage               

64 comments:

  1. I told you that your home would sell quickly. Yes, I can see what you could do to that house. You love a challenge so it's right up your alley. It could be stunning.
    Good luck house hunting.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also thought your home would sell quickly! It is lovely and your decor is what sealed the deal in the minds of the buyer. I think the cottage you are going to see (with all the pine paneling) is charming. Paint will do magic and you know pulling out those horrid carpets will make a world of difference. I like the exterior of the second house and the footprint. It will be interesting to see how bad it is on the interior! Good luck in the hunt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Love the cottage..What personality and charm.and.It needs you ...Wow so excited for you what a wonderful opprotunity for all of your talent...Sheryl

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can understand why you want to cry at the thought of leaving your gorgeous home, it really is stunning. Yet you must be very excited at the thought of transforming another home, and the one you showed does have great potential. I too wonder what interiors that aren't shown must look like.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You sold your home! That is wonderful. Congratulations! I'm so happy for you. And I think that no matter where you go, you'll make it beautiful. It always saddens me when I move out of somewhere, but I'm also excited at the chance for a new adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the sale of your home. The location sounds amazing. My husband and I went to your city a couple years ago and LOVED it. We said last week we need to get back and visit. Loved seeing all the pictures beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks SO much !!!
      It really is a beautiful city -and I'm going to miss living in the heart of it !!!
      XOXO

      Delete
  7. Again, I am stunned by the beauty of your home! (Not that I think you're incapable of creating such beauty, I've just never known anyone else cool enough to live in a place like that.) I love the character of the first potential home you showed. I think you could turn that into something completely amazing!! Where would your studio be??

    xoxo
    -andi

    ReplyDelete
  8. love love love your home, how completely fabulous! I cannot believe you're leaving it... thank you for sharing it xox

    ReplyDelete
  9. I told you it would sell fast...but 8 hours? WOW! I'm certain it was the cotton! LOL. The pictures are beautiful.....the cottage has so much potential. It will be interesting to see what the second one looks like inside! Can't wait to follow the progress of the hunt! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am in love with both houses you have shown today. I am more a cottage type of person and see great potential in both. A saying here about your apartment? You are living in high cotton! Now where's that French farmhouse? Go find it, Suzan!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your home is just fabulous... love the brick, the wood floors, the moldings, everything. Wow, I can see how hard it will be to leave. As for a new place, you can do a lot with that one you showed the inside of, it's waiting for your touch. I know it's difficult, but take it on as a challenge, an adventure. I read a quote the other day it said something to the effect that once you make the change you will wish you did it a year ago. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Suzan- You home is beautiful as I knew it would be. I am kind of the same way. I share bits and pieces of my home for specific reasons but not the whole walk through. I, too, am just a tad uncomfortable with that and feel exposed somehow. Weird, I know.

    I think that 1st little house could be sweet. I'm like you - I can see through everything to see the potential. Is that right on the water? I hope you can get some pictures of the inside of that second house. That may be a steal because of the condition it is in. Have fun and I am tickled you sold your place now and won't have to move in the dead of winter- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on the sale, No matter what you find, you can always fix it just the way you want it. That's the thrilling and tiring part.
    Good luck on the hunt, can't wait to see what you and John decide on!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It took me about 30 minutes to read this post. I wanted to get every detail.
    Firstly, once a person has made a decision to do something (i.e. sell their home), it is nice to have a quick turnaround time but this type of speed can kick the wind out of one's sails. I hope that this quick action turns into an ultimate blessing for you.
    I can easily see the potential of the lake cabin. I believe a structurally sound home needing lots of cosmetic updates is the best kind of place to buy for anyone who has the talent and vision to make it beautiful (you).

    ReplyDelete
  15. You already know that I loooove your home so in regard to the others I'll just tell you that I can see it! I can see the potential and imagine the changes in my head. I know you'll have your new home transformed almost instantly because that's how you are...and I will be thrilled to watch with wonder as you work your magic. xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a treat to see inside of your house!! And I love it!
    I can totally understand why you are nostalgic already about leaving.

    Wishing you well on your search. That first home looks so cozy that you're going to go see!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow Suzan, first off your flat in Westmount is stunning! Gorgeous! The move to Hudson will be a great adventure for sure. I think there is sooo much potential in that first one. Possibly the second as well but you will need to get in and do some snooping on the inside. Be sure to check the fireplace out on the first house to make sure there are no issues with that. I am sure you already have that figured out but boy is that stone fireplace cute!! The whole place is cute! Oh and thanks for the shout out Suzan.... I am yours girl!! Easy-peasy transforming that room into a laundry room-pantry. But then again, perhaps you need a work space finally?
    Have fun with all this Suzan!! Oh and breathe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Huge congrats on your house selling Suzan!! I knew it wouldn't take long. It's always sad to leave a house that you've put your heart and soul into, but this will be a new and exciting adventure. I know you'll do amazing things with whatever place you choose. I love the first house, and can so see all that panelling painted. That's the kind of charm you just can't get with a new build. I'm a fixer upper girl all the way. Much more bang for the buck. And don't laugh, but I still have a phone on the wall in my kitchen... and no cell phone.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Paint!! It does make everything look wonderful and if you plop down YOUR gorgeous furnishings it will be fabulous. I'm still seeing lots of packing in your future! After having moved EVERYTHING four times, including rocks, BIG rocks, and whiskey barrels full of my "good" potting soil, plus the inside of the house, I know a little about moving. If you had only invented that magic traveling door, I could appear and help you move!♥♫

    ReplyDelete
  20. :)
    Okay Suzan, where do I start, first of all we really missed out on not seeing more of your home on its grand scale of it. It's just beautiful and how can you give up those brick walls? Or are you a bit tired of so much brick? Love your kitchen and from the first picture of it looking at the little farmhouse butchers table your kitchen reminded me of a butlers pantry and that's a cute sweet thing, I thought there was a larger kitchen off to the side of it.

    Why exactly are you leaving? And why the move to the river beach front in a much older home? Did you want more space and the quite of the view. Is this a move that you will embrace for living more the cottage life?
    I can so see that you will have this or this type of home feeling like a cottage after all the walls are painted and the beams are washed down with some paint letting them melt into the rooms esthetics.
    Don't over sale your furniture pieces I did just that and regretted it later when I saw that some of what I sold would have been a tight fit but it would have been cozy, and I should have kept my dinning room decor and not had to feel that I would just use my patio set for the kitchen table.
    It's great that your home sold so fast, perhaps better this way less torture in having all the potential buyers in and out of your home....what torture that would have been knowing one of them may buy your home and how would they care for it like you.

    Well, I could tell you it's beautiful but, I won't, I don't want to make you cry that you are leaving it behind you for a new journey.
    I do want to tell you that your new home looks like a home I would love to live in, with all that wood painted white and bringing in all the French countryside I could.
    I will be excited to see what comes of it or another when you make that decision and how it looks with what pieces you select to move with you.

    What a fun move, I am excited for you!

    Keep inspiring your beauty Suzan.
    I am in a very small home compared to my last home of 3,800 sq ft down to 1.500 and I had to rethink my French style to fit my home and it worked out nicely, I know it's going to work for you in the best beauty you can give it.

    Bisous
    Xx

    Doré

    ReplyDelete
  21. I had no idea you lived in the most beautiful home ever! You always call is a "servants quarters", but OMG! I would move it tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Suzan,
    I loved seeing your house all at one time. How beautiful the whole place is and I can see why it is hard for you to leave. Every detail is gorgeous. I can see how it sold quickly. Just think of the adventure ahead and bringing another diamond out of the rough!!!
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the home you are selling! I can see why you are feeling the loss.

    The second one is so cute and has so much potential!!! (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  24. this is so exciting!! see, I told you you would sell fast ;) I love all the wood, because it can be painted and it's way awesome. I know you are very creative, so I am excited to see what you will do!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love the first house!! It's so quaint, and I can see tons of potential. Good luck, Suzan, and congratulations on the sale of your house! No wonder it sold so fast...it's stunning! You did beautiful work in the home.
    Debbie :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. i love that little house....wood and ceiling beams are definitely my style. and those kitchen cabinets???? I would kill for them. lol
    Debbi
    -yankeeburrow

    ReplyDelete
  27. With your talent and vision, any home you get will be gorgeous! And the fun is in the "doing", right? At least that's how I justify it with my old home.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh wow, what's to think about? This cottage has so much charm and potential - it's fabulous and your furnishings would suit perfectly in there. A place by the water - I'm green with envy. I'm keeping my finger's crossed that this little gem is as charming as it looks! Congratulations on the sale too by the way - I can see why it'll be hard saying good-bye.
    Marie@InteriorFrugalista

    ReplyDelete
  29. I am happy for you because I know with your talent you can make anything HOME! Just think more projects to blog about. And you know we will be tuning in to see!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I am so very happy for you and John that the house is sold and so quickly. I am not that surprised based on all the photos. Your home is so beautiful. I can see you putting your stamp on either of the homes your showed. It is hard to say which one since the second we couldn't see the inside. I have to tell you the trade off seems well worth it being near the water. A lot of beauty comes along with that. Now, when you move make sure the "NUTTY SQUIRRELS" stay behind, LOL!!!

    Cynthiaa

    ReplyDelete
  31. I litterally said "sh** this is her house!" umm I'ts GORGEOUS no wonder it sold so fast! I love how it's all jam packed with goodies. I LOVE the exposed brick sooo much! I can't wait to see your new place... good luck and don't move anything you don't love.. I'm learning that the hard way ;)

    ReplyDelete
  32. OMGoodness girl, when I first started looking at your photos, I thought the photos of your home was one you were looking at to buy, and I was like, BUY THAT ONE, I LOVE IT! Needless to say I was surprised it was YOUR home and that you wanted to move :O
    I LOVE your home, I would have loved to have been the one that bought your home :D

    Your style is sooooo my style, an empty wall bothers me and I mix styles together. I call it "I like what I like :P " hehehe. Your home is special, unique, and G*O*R*G*E*O*U*S also, I have no doubt you will make your new dwelling the same.

    All the best to you, Co :D

    ReplyDelete
  33. Your home is gorgeous. And I know you'll make any house as gorgeous.
    I can really see potential in that house.But why are all their tvs in front of windows? May I just advise to check the laudry room roof? The ceiling is looking fishy! Looking forward to seeing more!

    ReplyDelete
  34. First of all...congrats! Selling a house is no easy feat...especially in such a short amount of time. I can see why it was quick to move--it has the perfect city vibe!
    Now, on to the next chapter: I TOTALLY see you in some little "Anne of Green Gables" house, making it over into a charming cottage with lots of that Avonlea vibe. I recommend Ontario, only because I don't know much about Quebec. Y'all need more provinces. You don't have enough to choose from. (DO NOT move to the NW Territories, though. I don't see John as a Mountie. Wait...that sounds filthy. I must have had one Labatt's too many. Sue me.)

    ReplyDelete
  35. I am so excited for you. Your home is so pretty. I am so happy for you to have sold so quickly. Our friends...we are here in Wisconsin, it took one year to sell. And they did have a nice place. So, YAY!! for you.
    I am excited to see your next home. :-) You are so amazing it will be fun to watch you decorate. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  36. I think you should stay where you are, lol,its just perfect! But you aren't so I suppose the right will speak to you when you find it or it finds you, just make sure you do the talking to the house because I don't think John would understand house language, lol

    ReplyDelete
  37. Your home you just sold is stunningly gorgeous!! No wonder it sold so quickly. And remind me why you're moving out of it??
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  38. Your home is stunning!!! I can see why you would be sad to leave it! Can't wait to see what you create on the waterfront ...

    :) Linda

    ReplyDelete
  39. Wow, Suzan, Your home is GORGEOUS and I see why it sold so quickly! Congrats on the sale and I know whatever home you choose will be beautiful once you add your special touches. Thanks for joining the Open House party.
    xx,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  40. Suzan, your current home is just gorgeous. I'm sure it would be difficult to leave it. I love the first house you showed. It certainly has lots of potential and the location is beautiful. The wrap around veranda is perfect. Do you suppose their long farm table comes with the house? All the best to you.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Wow Suzan....your home is stunning! I would have a very hard time leaving it too, but with your impeccable style, I know your next one will be equally stunning. I can't wait to see what home you end up with and even more, how you transform it! Best of luck on the hunt.

    Blessings, Vicky
    Life On Willie Mae Lane

    ReplyDelete
  42. Oooh that exposed brick!!!! But that river, how great will it be to take a stroll down a path on the water. I love the 2 houses and can't wait to see how amazing one of them becomes with you!!! Oh and John, if he survives your move. Xo

    ReplyDelete
  43. Your home is beautiful...I can see why you sold it so quickly. I think both of the houses you showed us are very charming. Wishing you the best as you search for your new home.
    hugs,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  44. OMG both of those are so cute on the outside that I would not be able to make up my mind just by looking at photos! Looking at the outside, they BOTH have serious potential. Since I can see the inside of the 1st house I can say it has great bones for creating a cozy haven and a lot of charm. Those wood paneled walls are pretty and can be painted to give it a fresh look and I love all of the beams. The kitchen will look GREAT painted and having a few upgrades. I love old houses too and I would not gut it (kitchen) unless it is absolutely a necessity, but I would add marble counters, a backsplash, beautiful floor and a pretty chandelier! The bedrooms would be fabulous and so cozy redone. This house would be a labor of love.

    The mauve pink carpet was a treat to see! From my computer monitor it almost matches the pink of your blog layout…that may be a sign, LOL.

    I hope you get inside pictures of the other house. Best of luck and congrats on selling your lovely home!

    ReplyDelete
  45. I'm so embarrassed that you see pictures of my place, this is absolutely gorgeous any wonder you're feeling sad but I do like the first house. The garden could be grand at the second house but without interior pictures its a bit hard to say.

    ReplyDelete
  46. I can't wait to see how you transform your new house with your amazing talents. Congratulations on selling so quickly :)

    ReplyDelete
  47. Way to go Suzan....record setting sale! Your pics are lovely and I know you'll miss your home, but I kind of hope you try the country life! Love the porch on that new potential!

    ReplyDelete
  48. I love the little cottage! It looks like lake cottages I've seen in Maine. And with your talent and flair, it could really be special -- just like your home in the city.

    ReplyDelete
  49. First of all, the home you are selling is absolutely gorgeous, but I see so much potential in the other two as well. The first one could be so awesome inside and out after you get your hands on it and I have to say sitting out on that porch after a long day of painting will be like heaven, believe me, I know from experience:-) Good luck!

    xoxo
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  50. I am a little behind on my reading....what's new.. Congrats on selling your home I love both the cottages. Even though there are no inside pics the second has an awesome back garden area with tons of potential. The first could be made so cute and cozy as you pointed out. Love them both and the amount of fun to be had is beyond words. Decisions, decisions.... Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  51. 1. Oh the ceilings in your soon to be former home - awesome
    2. Possibility #1 would have your touch on it soon and it could be amazing.
    3. Living by the water is relaxing, but for some reason I don't think you relax.

    Have you discussed with John what color you will be painting all of the rocks in the river?

    ReplyDelete
  52. Good Morning Suzan, Your home is so very beautiful and it has been wonderful to visit with you. I really can understand why you are sad about leaving your current home, but do you know, I have moved many times in my life, and I always found, that once I moved to our new home, the excitement of creating a new home took over and I know it will be the same for you. You are so very talented, that whichever house you decide to buy, I just know it is going to be totally amazing.
    Have a lovely weekend Suzan.
    Best Wishes
    Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  53. As every one has said. Your home is perfect. I actually like small kitchens. Really I like small homes, now that I think of it. Looking at the beautiful photos of your home I thought OH no that would be very difficult to leave! Then I saw the photos of the lake home and thought OH YEAH, this could be great!! I think its a charming place it could use some of your talent then it will be a show stopper too! If I ever had a home on a lake you'd never get me to leave.

    ReplyDelete
  54. Hello,
    I am a first time visitor and am in awe of your stunning home! It must be so difficult to leave such a lovely family home. I cannot wait to see what you'll do with your next adventure.
    Happy to be a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  55. Your home is simply amazing and I'd be so sad to let it go too! Our last move was to a smaller home but it is on a lake and I'm so glad we chose the home we did. The view is always changing with the changes in the sky and everything is reflected in the lake. In the end, I'm happy we chose a smaller home with a view over a larger and fancier home. We've been able to make our own changes along the way. If that is what you decide to do I think you'll be happy too!
    Blessings to you Suzan!!!
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  56. Suzan!!! You have an incredible sense of style. You should become a home stager. No wonder your home sold so quickly! I am looking forward to your new journey and all the amazing things you do to make your new house a home! Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  57. Your home is gorgeous, and I didn't even get a chance to buy it! lol You do miracles with paint, Suzan, and I know you can erase all that knotty pine with delicious shades of white and gray. You will completely transform any place you choose into your next gorgeous home. We know this. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  58. Oh, you little teaser you! I knew your house would sell quickly, but you did the impossible and my hat is off to you - it is all in "location, location, location" but also staging and you staged beautifully.

    If this is downsizing my hat is off to you. Just hope you got tons of area for a work shop because my friend you are going big time - look out MMS (which I no longer follow because she is all about sponsors). Please, Suzan, along your journey to great successes don't forget where you came from.

    A house is only a house until we make it a home and the little tease you are I already know which one you chose, but me thinks there may also be another house in mind, but just talking out loud - kinda like you and John do. Call them vibes through the internet but I know you are a good person (great heart) and I can't wait to see how you transform your new home. I totally get not showing viewers your home (which was absolutely gorgeous BTW once we got a glimpse of it and I am sure your heart is heavy and full at the same time) but you know many of us don't have that and you didn't want to "show off."

    I am happy, happy happy for you and John and can't wait to be a part of your next journey. One door closes, but another always opens. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

    The Ole Crow

    ReplyDelete
  59. Oh my gosh, what a quick sale. That is fantastic and I can't wait to see what you do with a new place.
    Your current home is breathtaking, I remember seeing snippets but it is so nice to see the overall picture. Come on girl, next time let us in on your decorating style, you sure could teach us a thing or two.
    xoGinger

    ReplyDelete
  60. Just found you through Savvy Southern Style. Your home is gorgeous! I'm your newest follower because I must see what you do with your next home by the water. I'm sure it will be just as wonderful. I'm at ModVintageLife.com - darn Google + it removes all my pertinent info.

    ReplyDelete

Due to a large amount of spam ( that I'm tired of going back to posts and deleting ) I'll be using comment moderation from now on !!!
Can I beat these spammers at their own game? Probably not - but I'm going
to try my damnedest !!!
xoxo