Wednesday, July 17, 2013

A CLOCHE is a CLOCHE not a CLOCK

Last night I was checking out Craig's List and Kijiji because I'm always checking for furniture - and lo & behold, what to my wondering eyes should appear?

A Cloche - placed in the furniture section by accident -

Suzan says - John could you pick up something for me next time you're out
John says - Sure - what?
Suzan says - something I found on Craigs list
John says - Uh Uh - NO WAY - the van is packed the rafters - I can't move in it - sorry NO
Suzan says - it's not very big - it's just a little cloche
John says - a what?
Suzan says - A CLOCHE
John says - what the hell do you need a clock for?
Suzan says - No - it's a cloche
John says - Well you can call it a cloche if you want - it's just french for CLOCK
Suzan says - IT'S NOT A CLOCK !!!!!!!!!!!!
Suzan says - A cloche is a cloche - not a clock...................

Here's a photo of it


John says - UGGGHHH - that's the ugliest thing
John says - why do you need a stand to keep fruit in - we have all kinds of fruit bowls
John says - with his head up against the screen - God is that UGLY
Suzan says - The seller's using it for fruit - I want to put little Christmas trees in it next Christmas
John looks at me much the way you look at someone you love who you've finally realized has lost their mind
seriously, he has a look of pity on his face............
Suzan says -DON'T LOOK AT ME LIKE THAT
Suzan says - You really don't have any imagination, do you?
John shakes his head -
John says - I wouldn't dare tell you where my imagination is taking me now..................
John says - You're taking that Christmas in July thing a little too far now.
John says - I've been watching it happen for a long time - but it's happened - you've lost your mind completely
John says - They're not dollhouses- they're to put fruit in - or cakes

SOURCE

Suzan says - If you pick up the cloche for me - I'll make a big chocolate cake to put inside of it
John sighs - So where exactly is this Schloche?
Suzan says - IT'S A CLOCHE - what's so difficult about that word?

He was gone 2 hours - the phone rings

Suzan says - Hello?
John says - THE GPS HAS ME GOING IN CIRCLES HERE - I CAN'T FIND THE BLOODY PLACE
WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU SENT ME?
Suzan says - Calm down John you ju-----------------------
John interupts - I'M ON MY WAY HOME - I'VE HAD IT - YOU'VE SENT ME ON A WILD GOOSE CHASE FOR A BLOODY  - CLOCK - CAKE PLATE - FRUIT STAND - WHATEVER THE HELL YOU WANT TO CALL IT - YOU'RE TOO MUCH SUZAN - I'M COMING HOME NOW -  click
Suzan says to a dead line - it's a cloche............

and a half hour later I hear the back door open -
John yells - YOUR BLOODY FRUIT BOWL IS HERE - AND IT'S EVEN UGLIER IN PERSON
Suzan says - John thanks soooo much - I love it - I know how hot it is out and I really do apprea-----------
Johns - yeah - yeah - what's for supper - I'm starving
Suzan says - Do you think you could go to the grocery store?

'cause if he thinks I'm turning the stove on let alone baking a cake in this heat - he's the one who's lost his mind..............
I LIE................doesn't he know that by now?

AND THIS IS TOO FUNNY - the woman included the fruit - ( which I find disgusting for some reason )


While he was at the grocery store I did this quickly -


It's a CLOCK IN A CLOCHE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know it's really a cake plate............but for now and ever more it WILL be referred to as a cloche,
capishe?
As in - " It all started with a cloche your honor "

I just realized how dirty the dome is - here it is all washed up and shiny!



Have a wonderful Thursday all - I have a huge make over for tomorrow!

Much love,

Sharing with!!!
CraftOManiac                                               Knick of Time                     Not Just a Housewife
Shabby Creek Cottage                                  Common Ground                French Country Cottage
The Shabby Nest                                          The Winthrop Chronicles     Funky Junk Interiors
Under the Table & Dreaming

47 comments:

  1. So funny! I love it with the clock inside! You are too funny!

    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suzan,
    You are too funny. Love the clock inside the Cloche!!!
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too funny! I love reading your conversations with John! You should write a book...:) Love the clock...I mean cloche too!

    Blessings, Vicky
    Life On Willie Mae Lane

    ReplyDelete
  4. You and John would make a great radio show. I prefer radio over television because I get to form my own picture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well it's about TIME you got your hands on that cloche, Suzan! After going through all that GPS gallivanting, your John (literally!) delivered! You guys crack me up!

    xo
    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought I would DIE if I didn't have a cloche. Now I have too many including a wire one. I never know what the hell to do with them. I recently shoved a stack of antique mini-books, a silver compote and a child's silver tea set teapot in one. Looks like the nutty cat lady was having an episode...

    ReplyDelete
  7. You made me laugh!!! I'm still laughing of "Well you can call it a cloche if you want - it's just french for CLOCK" part....

    ReplyDelete
  8. HAHAHA your poor hubby "you're too much suzan, I'm coming home." I hope he picked up a cake at the grocery store!

    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still laughing Lauren - it got even funnier later -
      and yes he did pick up some cakes LMHO
      XOXO

      Delete
  9. I've experienced when a good GPS goes bad, it ain't fun, mine was in search of Xbox gear, so I totally get John but I'm glad you got your French clock cake plate lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha ha Ha,so funny,I am still chuckling while writing this post. Sounds just like my hubby :)PS once we flew to Melbourne with SIL and picked up a hire car. Friends had loaned us their GPS. SIL put in the address and 1hour later realised we were 20ks on our way back to Adelaide where we had flown from, then the thing went dead as we realised the hire car didn't have a cigarette lighter to recharge it. The company disconnected it so people couldn't smoke in the car. SOOOO, You can guess what we think of those contraptions.:(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And it's the second time in 2 weeks it's happened - in an area we never never go to LMHO-
      OMG he was furious..............
      And he hates my cloche - even with the clock in it - said it was the stupidest thing he's ever seen -
      A CLOCK ON A CAKE PLATE...........
      I'm still laughing Jeanette...
      XOXOXO

      Delete
  11. Buahahahahahhahahahaa, you put a clock in it. THAT'S funny. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's so funny! I've just married up an old circular metal tray with a glass dome! My husband doesn't get it either. He says, ''Where will we put it?'' On the dining table of course. If I ever finish it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Heeeheee!!! This is the story of my life... I usually start off by saying something hey you think you could do me a favor??

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ha! He's a trooper. Spray paint that fruit

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's amazing how if you mention making food they seem to jump to do whatever you want. Haven't they learn by now it's just a ploy? Too funny!!! Love the silver pear in the cloche. I think it's pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Suzan, you are too funny. I like your cloche and your hubby sure has to put up with a lot! It will be Christmas before we know it. Looking forward to your Christmas cloche. You could use your cloche to keep hubby's to do list displayed. ;) Thanks for visiting Petticoat Junktion and leaving such nice comments. I don't know how we lost track of each other but I'm back!

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG, LMFAO!!!!! I can't believe he picked up your "Schloche" AND went to the store for you to pick up the cake you were going to "make"! I died when I saw the clock inside. I love that he said "bloody." I think everyone should use that term more often. Bloody right!!

    xo
    -andi

    ReplyDelete
  18. Keep them coming, girlfriend. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  19. My morning chuckle, so funny Suzan!
    Like your Schloche!!!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  20. I do not know how to pronounce cloche. Yet I have them all over my house. John's head would explode if he saw them all.

    It seems wasteful to me that you did not use those lemons to make your cake. They'd be delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Does John even have a clue that he is so funny? And the best thing is, I can really hear every word...LOUD and CLEAR! How do I know...sounds somewhat like what my late husband would have said in similar situations. Although he really didn't care what I did in the house as long as he had FOOD on the table. Hopefully they are serving him some pork tenderloin -- his idea of heaven.♥♫

    ReplyDelete
  22. This story had me hysterical laughing I mean HYSTERICAL!!!!! He is so funny I can't help it and your delivery is so right on the money, I am betting. When I first named my blog my father said to me what the HECK is a cloche?? I just stared at him with a stunned look. And he said what, I never heard of it before and I said you are a teacher and never heard of one before? He looked at me again, and said I taught law not about decorating so explain what it is to me. When I explained it he said I can't believe that is what a cloche is, I just laughed. My story is not as good as yours but I had to share it with you.

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  23. LOL!!! Poor John. He just doesn't get it. But he sure is entertaining!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hahahahahahaha!!! Oh poor thing.
    Thanks for my lunch break chuckle ... hahahahahaa. You two crack me up.
    Enjoy your cloche... cake plate... fruit bowl .
    Hugs, Gee

    ReplyDelete
  25. You write the greatest stories! And it really is a beautiful thing!

    ReplyDelete
  26. :) John, dear, your life would be SO boring and ordinary without that lovely wife of yours!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  27. Poor John. He'll be really confused now that you've put a clock in the cloche.

    By the way, I keep two birds in mine!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. You will have fun styling your cloche. He is a trouper going to get it. Mine would have said forgetaboutit!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hahaha...I love this post. Made me laugh out loud. And I haven't turned on the stove or oven during this crazy heat wave either. Pizza for supper...again!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh how funny!! That is one fine cloche -- and yeah, the fruit she included is kind of gross but worth it considering what you got along with it! Sometimes our poor men just don't get it.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love it ....I have a few of these around and my husband thinks they are stupid.He thinks they should be in a cupboard and be used when needed not being displayed around the house with things inside as decorations.he is a pain to put it mildly-love dee x

    ReplyDelete
  32. LOLOL! Oh my aching gut! I am laughing so hard right now, Suzan!! Will you please please please adopt me???? I just want to hear one of those "conversations" in person. Just one!!! lolol I promise not to spit out my fruit as I'm laughing behind the closet door......

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  33. Oh me gawd. I'm still shaking my head that he went out and got it for you....my hubs would be like "nah, ain't doin' it." Last time I sent him out to the store alone it was for feminine hygiene products.....about 20 years ago.

    I love your clocky cloche. When I was little, my gram had some of those fake plastic grapes and I would pick 'em off and chew on them just to bug my sister. It totally grossed her out. Do you still love me?

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love your clock :) glad you got the fruit out of there

    ReplyDelete
  35. Literally laughed out loud almost the whole way. *Schloche* Priceless!! I LOVE John's reactions!! Kind of reminds me of my honey's. And gone 2 hours?? Lord, I bet he was driving around saying the darndest expletives about your cloche!

    BTW- I love cloches, and your Christmas idea is perfect.

    XOXO,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  36. Whatever would make John think any of us would actually put baked goods in a cloche? That's just plain crazy and way too much work!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Suzan! You make that man a cake!! He's a gem and you know it!! I'm glad you have a cloche and you'll have fun with it I'm sure. And yeah..the fruit is creepy.

    ReplyDelete
  38. I love your conversations with John!!! So will you take a picture of the cake you promised John in the cloche or not? Just askin

    ReplyDelete
  39. I love it! I think John is confused about what's ugly: fake fruits, stand on a washing machine (???) and Grandma's curtains in the back ground. It looks a lot better when YOU take pictures of it. Could you two not be so funny, I cracked a rib and reading your post is really, really painful!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Too funny, Suzan! Did he die when you put the clock in?

    Tell John I'm crazy too cause I too have a cloche aka cake plate that I use for a little Christmas vignette, fake snow and all!

    Yours is beautiful by the way! Can't wait to see it at Christmas.

    Nicole
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  41. OMG...you made me crack up...histerical, lol! I have right now a small cake stand with cover I'm using with a pretty blue and White bowl with lid inside...I'm still laughing! The C'mas cloche is gorgeous. Big hugs,
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  42. I'm laughing so hard! Poor guy...trying to do good! LOL I LOVE the cloche. Beautiful - even with the gross fruit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He keeps me laughing my head off Camille - really he does!!!!!!
      Every time he walks by it he shakes his head - HE HATES IT lol
      XOXO

      Delete
  43. Good morning Suzan... and thank you so much for your visit to my blog!... I love your "clock in a cloche"... aren't guys funny???... sending them for things for us seems like such a big deal to them, but they never hesitate to ask us to go pick up some nuts and bolts or something we don't know anything about!... oh well... I capisce!... love your blog, signing on to follow... wishing you beautiful day... xoxo Julie Marie

    ReplyDelete
  44. Oh my gosh, you guys are hilarious, I hope the poor man got his cake, he deserves it! (love the clock...er, cloche!)

    ReplyDelete

Due to a large amount of spam ( that I'm tired of going back to posts and deleting ) I'll be using comment moderation from now on !!!
Can I beat these spammers at their own game? Probably not - but I'm going
to try my damnedest !!!
xoxo