Tuesday, July 9, 2013

I WANNA live there Wednesday # 45

I live in a pretty incredible area - in Montreal, It's an historical neighbourhood loaded with tons and tons of charm - and 20th century architecture, just steps away from the city center, it's also a pretty expensive neighbourhood ( in which I live in servants quarters basically compared to what I'm surrounded by ) 
Because there are days I don't have furniture makeovers to show you - I've chosen Wednesdays to showcase and feature one or two homes that are for sale around here.................( or apartment - or duplex - or teepee )
Keep in mind this is in the heart of the city - so the prices reflect that  - think Manhattan - where these places would cost 3 or 4 times what they're listed for here!
On occasion I'll showcase beautiful homes in other areas - countries - continents - the one thing most of them will have have in common will be their age - because I love old homes with stories to tell, join me won't you?
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday's are coming too quickly - or I have too many things to post about - more and more it seems like I'm trying to squeeze this series in lol

But we have some beauties once again - 
First one up
1.249.000  ( incredible price for what you're getting in this neighbourhood ) 
4 bedroom - 2 and 1/2 bath
2 car garage
Not sure when this was built - but it's a century home most definitely 
and it's gorgeous!
Realtor GENEVIEVE BETTINVILLE

This is SO quintessentially Westmout..................























wish I could call up the homeowners and ask where they got their bed - LOVE


















and there's something magical about this garden to me - maybe all the greenery right in the heart of the city - not sure - but it's perfect ot me!



Ready for another one?
OK !!!

4 bedrooms
3 full baths - 2 1/2 baths
Year built 1908
Realtor  Christina Miller














































Oh the conversations John and I could have sitting right in these 2 chairs .................





Have a great Wednesday all - 
Buy a lottery ticket !!!

Party Time - come visit these fabulous ladies
Shabby Creek Cottage                                 Common Ground                      French Country Cottage
My Romantic Home                                     The Shabby Nest                      Homemaker on a Dime
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia                 Not Just a Housewife
Under the Table & Dreaming

20 comments:

  1. Oh.my.stars! Both of these are fabulous. I was in love with the first and then (fickle woman that I am) I saw those leaded windows in the second house and my heart was stolen away. If I win the lottery, I shall come house shopping in Montreal. (The only catch to that is that I hear you actually have to PLAY to win!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea to post about the homes in your area! I love peeking in other peoples homes and seeing what's behind closed doors. And of course, add the allure of living in Montreal and I'm smitten! Both homes have greenery and trees surrounding them which is a must in my book for any home I buy. And the detailing in both.. lovely wood trim, beautiful doors... would make it touch decision. Thanks for sharing....!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay I'm going crazy over here! When Can I move into the second one??? LOVE the yard!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It would be hard to choose, wouldn't it? Stunning both of them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the first one. That garden would be a huge selling point with me. I couldn't imagine not having any greenery around my home. It's so important.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want the curtains in the dining room on the first one (but in colors that match our dining room). All that beautiful stuff and I want the curtains. I'm easy to please, Suzan. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Suzan,
    These are both beautiful. I want number 1!!!!! I will take it. Wow the charm and details are amazing in this home. Loved it.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  8. The first one would be my pick. The second one I loved the windows in the eating area.

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the first one - it is gorgeous. But the second one has so many amazing architectural elements that I would not be able to resist.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Is that bed from Restoration Hardware? It looks very similar to the one Miss Mustard Seed recently bought.

    Love both those houses. But right now in this heat, I'm hankering for a cottage by a lake.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Suzan, what beautiful homes. Who wouldn't want to live in those. I especially love the pumpkin color of the walls in the first home and the gardens are fantastic in both..Happy Wednesday..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great homes, Suzan. I love them both-really like the outside/yard of the second one but love the character of both of them- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  13. The first one needs chalk paint love in the kitchen. Love both of the quaint back yards. If I could only get my backyard to look that. :)
    C
    Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the brick in the 1st one and the French doors and yard.
    Great idea! Can't wait for next Wednesday.
    -lauren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for visiting the houses with me Lauren!!!!!!
      XOXOXO

      Delete
  15. When I was scrowling down the first house, I was thinking "this week, I definitely love the first house better", then I noticed the stained glass on the second house's doors... And now I don't know anymore, I guess it's a good thing I don't have enough money to buy one, otherwise, I'd hesitate!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am still game for the big move if you're still up to all the cooking! hehe Gorgeous photos. One day I will visit Montreal. Hubby was there years ago and said what a beautiful city it was.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think both of these homes are incredible. Love all the period details and would love to live in either one. I'm not picky! I've never been to Montreal but I'm sure I would love it there. I'm your newest follower on bloglovin' and GFC! Hope you'll stop by for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those are beautiful homes, it's always so much fun looking at homes. I love doing that.

    ReplyDelete

Due to a large amount of spam ( that I'm tired of going back to posts and deleting ) I'll be using comment moderation from now on !!!
Can I beat these spammers at their own game? Probably not - but I'm going
to try my damnedest !!!
xoxo