Tuesday, July 2, 2013

I WANNA live there Wednesday # 44

I live in a pretty incredible area - in Montreal, It's an historical neighbourhood loaded with tons and tons of charm - and 20th century architecture, just steps away from the city center, it's also a pretty expensive neighbourhood ( in which I live in servants quarters basically compared to what I'm surrounded by ) 
Because there are days I don't have furniture makeovers to show you - I've chosen Wednesdays to showcase and feature one or two homes that are for sale around here.................( or apartment - or duplex - or teepee )
Keep in mind this is in the heart of the city - so the prices reflect that  - think Manhattan - where these places would cost 3 or 4 times what they're listed for here!
On occasion I'll showcase beautiful homes in other areas - countries - continents - the one thing most of them will have have in common will be their age - because I love old homes with stories to tell, join me won't you?
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Good Morning All !!!
I'm so in love with this first one up I can't describe it - so I'm just going to show you the photos instead.
If any of you buy it - I have to be allowed to visit once a week!
Built in 1860
3 bdrms
3 baths - 1 half bath
1,525,000
Realtor LIZA KAUFMAN




I WANT that mirror ( and the fireplace actually )


LOVE the herringbone floors!
















This beautiful outdoor area rests on top of the garage!!!!!!!!!!!



This would be a really good month to win the lottery I tell you - another gorgeous century old home follows!!!

Built in 1890
4 bedrooms
4 baths
2 half baths
Realtor  JOSEPH MONTANARO

I think I showed this one before - but it's worth looking at again




















I want the first one
John wants the second one

Off to buy a lottery ticket - who knows - we may be able to buy both :)

Have a great Wednesday all


Partying with these gracious Hostesses!!!
No Minimalist Here                                The Shabby Creek Cottage                French Country Cottage
My Romantic Home                               The Shabby Nest                               It's Overflowing!
Not just a Housewife                             Savvy Southern Style                          Adorned from Above


27 comments:

  1. Gorgeous-Gorgeous-Gorgeous- I like the first one the best. I could see living there-even with the one squeaky narrow little bedroom. Wasn't that cute?
    Pop by tomorrow if you get chance. I may, or may not, use your name in vain....lol Worried, are ya? xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. They didn't exactly go crazy on the landscaping for the back yard in the second house. Were they vampires that never went outside?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like both of them but I love the second one. That being said, I am so used to living in a much smaller space now so that much room looks kind of ridiculous to me. OMG! I am old and I have already totally downsized in my head!

    ReplyDelete
  4. #1 is 100% my style....I wouldn;t change a thing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Any month is a good month to win the lottery! I love that first bathroom in the first one. What a perfect shower and tub too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Gorgeous! Beautiful hardwoods and that staircase- so pretty! Jenna @ Rain on a Tin Roof

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sigh.........................
      thanks so much for visiting them with me Jenna!
      XXO

      Delete
  7. both are very beautiful in details. So much character for sure

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are both gorgeous! It's really hard to choose between the two, so I guess I'll take both....in my dreams...:)I like rooms that are bright and cheery. And I love outdoor sitting areas.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Suzan, I am so glad you shared photos here! They are both amazing and gorgeous! I could feel at home in either one...and enjoy every blissful minute. Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's how I was MEANT to live lol - unfortunately it's not HOW I live LOL
      Thanks so much for visiting!
      XOX

      Delete
  10. I'd take the second one, but in an area where i didn't have neighbors so close. just sayin'!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love both of these very much. I love the entry of the first and from what I can tell it looks like it has a beautiful ceiling and the doors are so pretty to enter into. LOVE the fireplace big time and that kitchen is not bad either, really stunning!

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just wanted to drop you a line and say: I love the tours you give...I really enjoy thank you !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thank you so much Sheryl - that's so nice of you to say so!
      Love having you tour them with me!!!
      Hugs,
      Suzan

      Delete
  13. Holy Crap! It would be hard to choose. They both have great features. I think I would go with #1 - because of the bathrooms and that terrace. But who's picky?

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am ready to move in the first one. Packing now!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I was so busy oohing and ahhing over the gorgeous crown moldings in the first one I didn't even notice the floors until you mentioned them. Love them both. I'll take them. ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I oohed and ahhed all the way through too Betsy lol
      XOXO

      Delete
  16. Okay Susan, I am packed and ready to move in....but you'll have to do all the cooking. Thanks for sharing such amazing pics. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the entrance in both houses. The kitchen with a huge window in the first one is a big plus and I'm in love with all the inside doors in the second house. Have you considered not living in the same house as John? It could add a little spice in your marriage and would solve so many decor problems!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm with John! The trim on that second house sold me.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Montreal is a beautiful city, these rooms have so many wonderful details to admire

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh wow, I'd take either one...gorgeous!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Due to a large amount of spam ( that I'm tired of going back to posts and deleting ) I'll be using comment moderation from now on !!!
Can I beat these spammers at their own game? Probably not - but I'm going
to try my damnedest !!!
xoxo