Saturday, July 19, 2014

I've got the music in me......................




WARNING:  THIS POST FEATURES A MAKEOVER OF THE SOUL - THE MOST IMPORTANT MAKEOVER WE CAN EVER HOPE FOR & IT MAY OR MAY NOT CAUSE YOU TO SHED A FEW TEARSHAPPY ONES - AND IF NOT TEARS - A LUMP
YES - MOST DEFINITELY A LUMP WILL FORM IN YOUR THROAT 
MAKING IT UNCOMFORTABLE TO SWALLOW FOR A FEW MINUTES


source



Ain't got no trouble in my life
No foolish dream to make me cry
I'm never frightened or worried
You know I always get by.
I heat up
I cool down
Something gets in my way I go around it
Don't let life get me down
Gonna take it the way that I found it

I've got the music in me
I've got the music in me
I've got the music in me

I've got the music in me
I've got the music in me
I've got the music in me

You say that life is a circle
But that ain't the way that I found it
Oh...Gonna move in a straight line
Keeping my feet firmly on the ground
I heat up
I cool down
I got words in my head so I sing them
Don't let life get me down
I can't hold onto the blues so I play them

I've got the music in me
I've got the music in me
I've got the music in me

I've got the music in me
I've got the music in me
I've got the music in me


I know I drive a lot of you crazy with song lyrics infused into many of my posts.
But for some reason I " think " in music - strange but that's just the way it is.

Someone can be telling me a story - and automatically a coordinating song will jump into my head
I sit down to write a post - and 10 songs float through my mind.
And it happens daily - many many times - ( It drives John insane - because more often then not - I'll just belt them out randomly )

Sad - happy - thought provoking or silly  music -
Rock - Country - Gospel - Jazz - Pop - all of 'em - I LOVE music and have always believed it has healing powers -

Recently one of my readers sent me an email...........................

Suzan,
I just watched a video about the restorative effects of music.  I thought of you.  I too seem to have song words pop into my head during most any conversation.  I thought you'd like this story.
It almost made me cry. 
Sandy

WARNING - MAY CAUSE YOU TO CHOKE UP JUST A LITTLE ( OR AS IN MY CASE
A WHOLE LOT ) 



And that about cinches it for me - I'm going to keep singing until I have no voice left to sing with -
and even then, I'll be singing on the inside - I know it...............

Now.....................suddenly I don't feel so silly -
I can't sing for crap - but that hardly matters in the big scheme of things, now does it?

Karen Carpenter once told me this

Sing, sing a song
Make it simple to last your whole life long
Don't worry that it's not good enough
For anyone else to hear
Just sing
Sing a song

And I took her to heart -



Thank you Karen and thank YOU Sandy for sharing that first video - what a treasure 
A DIY makeover for the soul - all of a sudden it makes dresser makeovers seem a little redundant, agreed??

Have a great day all - 
AND at some point - Sing - Sing a Song................

Much love,

Sharing with
Uncommon Design                                An Extraordinary Day                       Kathe with an E
The Charm of Home                             One More Time Events                     Adorned from Above

21 comments:

  1. What a great post! I am the same way. I sing all the time, and I 'think' songs, too :) One of the most joyous things to do in life is to sing. Imagine a world without music? How bleak...

    The video had me in tears. How wonderful to see this man light up like that when he was listening to some of his favourite tunes. There is a person alive and well in him trapped in a body that he can't control anymore. But with those songs, he rises up. How beautiful. Oh, the power of music...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so awesome, Suzan. Music always has been, and always will be, a huge part of my life. I am the youngest of 9 and can always remember music in our household. My first husband was a musician, I was a dancer, and the music continued. Although my current husband is not a music lover, I still am, and we ballroom dance together. My two girls are also big music lovers (and dancers). I hope the music never dies within me. Thanks for this. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Thanks for sharing these videos. My husband is the hummer and the music lover in our family. I will share your blogpost with him. He will love it! Hugs, Linda@Wetcreek Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Suzan, my daughter is studying to be a Music Therapist, this is just great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful post, Suzan!! I'm like you ~ my life definitely has a sound track! And I can't carry a tune in a bucket ~ but that doesn't stop me!
    Amazing the power of music ~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Suzan for that trip down memory lane. I love your lyrics-infused posts, and I can't even imagine life without music!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So amazing and wonderful. May we all be full of music everyday! Thanks for sharing : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this so much Suzan. Thanks for sharing.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  9. I for one love your thinking in music and inserting it in your thoughts on your blog. I think you have a gift! That video was just precious...:) Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful weekend.

    Blessings, Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  10. Okay, I'm not normally a crier, but this got to me. What a gracious God who gave us not only the gorgeous creation we see around us every day, but gave us the gift of language and the ability to make and perceive music! Music is a delight to the soul. When my mom was in the Alzheimer's unit of the nursing home, there were people who had forgotten everything else, but still remembered their music and even the ability to play an instrument!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have the best readers! Happy heart hugs singing Sunday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Suzann, you are a woman of incredible depth. You're just as compassionate as you are funny. How I'd love to meet you in person and hang out with you. The video was amazing. It just gave me chills (and yes, tears too) to see that sweet man's transformation at hearing the music he loves. Music is truly God's gift to us and this is the evidence. Also enjoyed the Carpenter video. Karen was such a gifted singer. I miss her. Love to you, Suzann. Thanks for your heartfelt posts. ~ Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are right - a happy lump in the throat! What a beautiful video about the miracle of music! I'm always amazed at how a song can transport me back in time to specific moments. SO powerful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is absolutely amazing! The change in his face as he is talking about he's music so excited, fantastic post.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think were sisters from another mister. My mom had a good habit of making up songs while we were outside working. She would even make a song up for friends that visited......and I think to myself, what a wonderful world! Cheers Suzan

    ReplyDelete
  16. *throat clearing* *ahem* That was awesome Suzan! I think it's a gift that you have all these lyrics going on in your head. I LOVE music and have it blasting in my workshop all the time but can't remember a song lyric for love or money. Keep singing and keep sharing those lyrics with us :)
    Marie@The Interior Frugalista

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for sharing that wonderful video - I know that I would be just the same, even if I lost everything else I'd still respond to music. Colin and I not only have a song for every occasion but we also make up our own ridiculous lyrics, one day the world will hear the many we have adapted for my brain damaged cat Bob, or Boo as I often call him, we're up to Boo Songs Volume 5 now :-D

    ReplyDelete
  18. I worked in a nursing home as well as taught kindergarten, and I can tell you there is a part of the brain - whether you are old or young that is wired for music. It moves people like nothing else!
    Thanks for sharing that video!

    ReplyDelete

Due to a large amount of spam ( that I'm tired of going back to posts and deleting ) I'll be using comment moderation from now on !!!
Can I beat these spammers at their own game? Probably not - but I'm going
to try my damnedest !!!
xoxo