Tuesday, April 2, 2013

It felt like Easter anyway................

Good morning everyone!
Hope you all had a nice Easter wknd :)

I'm ashamed to say that not only am I late showing any Easter decorations - there was nary a bunny to be found in my house this year.............

They're were birds ( that had just laid eggs )  


and nests  


and birdhouses  


and a fresh bouquet from the dollar store that I bought for THIS 


and there was some left over sprigs to put on each plate 



Sometimes I use my Willow Tree ornaments for my kids place settings
Ashley, you sit here sweetheart



Lindsay honey - you're over here


and Gordie, you sit here, handsome


And we didn't have lamb, or ham, or turkey
We had roast beef and yorkshire pudding...................
& a chocolate cake that I whipped up from scratch Duncan Hines



and of course some candy coated chocolate eggs ( my absolute favorite )


In fact I cheated my whole way through Easter this year.............short cuts everywhere I could find 'em

And guess what?
It worked.......................even without a single bunny!



Hope you all spent yours surrounded by bunnies love

Sharing with!
French Country Cottage                         Craftionary
One Artsy Mama                                   The Shabby Nest                                  My Romantic Home
Classy Clutter                                        Nifty Thrifty Things                                I Heart Nap Time
Knick of Time                                       Not Just a Housewife                             Ginger Snap Crafts
Adorned from Above                            No Minimalist Here                                The Charm of Home
The Shabby Art Boutique                      Finding Fabulous
Common Ground

21 comments:

  1. Aw how sweet. I had bunnies all crammed together in my pathetic attempt to put something Easterly out. Not very pretty, I'm afraid. My birds in their nest in a cage, look much better. Your birds and table look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kind of Easter decor! Perfect. Love the table setting. Glad you had a Happy Easter :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. And nary a bunny was needed... Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had a lovely table even without a bunny! My table didn't have a bunny on it either :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you had a Happy Eaaster. What lovely pictures. Love the table setting and the decor.

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Suzan,
    Sometimes you have to go outside the norm and you had a beautiful table setting. Very nice.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  7. I spent Easter surrounded by cats that didn't bring me any eggs! But it was a lovely Easter anyway because the sun shone for three days! I bet it was a nice Easter for you if your children were there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Easter was just another day around here, hubby worked 13 hours at the mine and I worked in the garage. No bunny's in sight. And the only birds were the ducks and geese I feed in my yard every morning. The only thing colourful around here is my leg from falling the other day, it is a pretty shade of blues, purple and black from my shin to my toes lol Your table looks stunning and I loved all of your pics. Your house always looks so pretty. hugs Tobey

    ReplyDelete
  9. No bunnies here either other than a few Lindt ones. We did have lamb however. But I cheated and bought a lemon meringue pie - something I rarely do. And you know what? Nobody cared.

    We've been fighting the flu here and so a laid back Easter was in order.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't think I'll go crazy anymore Heather - no one seems to mind
      Sorry you're fighting the flu - not fun, I know..................
      Big hugs ( virtual ones because I don't want to catch what you have :)
      xxx

      Delete
  10. Hi Suzan!!!

    Love your table settings!!!! But, what I found topped it all off really great was your Willow Tree people!!! What a great idea!!!! Where would I find them? Please!!!!

    Looks like you had a great weekend!!!

    Pam
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  11. It felt like Easter here, too. Even without the boys at home. Probably due to the fact that my face was stuffed with cake and whipped cream. :)
    Very unique table, Suze- totally you!
    xxx, Tina

    ReplyDelete
  12. There were no bunnies around our table either....looks like fun though at your place!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well, Easter may be a bit late but it sure looks good. Hope you are having a great week- Mine is so busy I can't stand it- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  14. It looks festive from the photos despite no bunnies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks - it wasn't very festive really lol - but it was fun
      XOX

      Delete
  15. It all looks lovely...even without a bunny! Mmmmmmm yorkshire pudding! I have yorkshire pudding pans that my friend from England sent me and we love them with gravy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. No bunnies here - just chicks. Your table looks simply elegant. My Willow Tree angels have not seen the light of day in over a year. YIKES! They are pushing the rule around here. If not used within a year, out the door you go.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I did the traditional ham & scalloped potatoes...I think my family would have fired me if I didn't. lol Love your decor! Oh and those candy eggs? I had some for decoration and I love them...first time I've bought them, but won't be the last.
    Debbie :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. how beautiful! I love the willow tree figures :o) I came over from Ginger Snap and would love for you to also link up at my party, going on now! Will be open for another day! Emily @ www.nap-timecreations.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great way to celebrate the occasion. Really sets up the mood. :)
    - WillowTreeShop.com

    ReplyDelete

Due to a large amount of spam ( that I'm tired of going back to posts and deleting ) I'll be using comment moderation from now on !!!
Can I beat these spammers at their own game? Probably not - but I'm going
to try my damnedest !!!
xoxo