Tuesday, April 15, 2014

I WANNA live there Wednesday # 76 - YORKSHIRE, ENGLAND

WELCOME TO I WANNA LIVE THERE WEDNESDAY -
PLEASE NOTE THIS IS A SERIES ON REAL ESTATE FOR SALE - MOSTLY IN MY HOME TOWN OF MONTREAL - WITH LOTS OF VISITS HERE AND THERE TO SEE WHAT ELSE IS OUT THERE - SOMETIMES IN N.Y. OR NEW ORLEANS - OR PARIS - OR............ANYWHERE ACTUALLY!
I CONCENTRATE ( FOR THE MOST PART ) ON HERITAGE HOMES - HISTORICAL BUILDINGS WITH DETAILED ARCHITECTURE.
SINCE THIS IS A SERIES ON THE HOUSE ITSELF - AND NOT THE WAY PEOPLE FURNISH THEM - KINDLY KEEP THAT IN MIND WHEN LEAVING COMMENTS -I WOULD NOT WANT A HOME OWNER TO COME ACROSS THEIR HOME ON MY BLOG AND READ UNKIND THINGS ABOUT IT ( I WAS ONCE CONTACTED WITH THANKS FOR SHOWCASING SOMEONE'S HOME - SO IT'S POSSIBLE )  IF YOU'RE INTO HOMES WITH A HISTORY THIS IS A SERIES YOU JUST MAY ENJOY - THANKS SO MUCH FOR VISITING THEM WITH ME
___________________________________________________________________________________

Good morning everyone :)

I thought this week we would hop across the pond and take a look see at where John comes from,  ( He's a Yorkshire man, don't you know :)

All prices are in pounds - not dollars

2.950.000
Harrogate, North Yorkshire
7 bedrooms
REALTOR KNIGHT FRANK




























1,175,000
Harrogate, North Yorkshire
5 beds
REALTOR 

























SHALL WE STROLL AROUND THE GROUNDS A LITTLE ?







Suzan says - Why couldn't you have followed in Patrick Stewart's footsteps?
John says - The same reason you're no Celine Dionne ( she comes from MY neck of the woods )

Have a wonderful Wednesday all !

I suddenly want a pea gravel section in my back yard


Cheerio !



Partying HERE !!!

11 comments:

  1. Yorkshire - they have moors in Yorkshire, don't they? I would like to go wander in them.

    That second home is fabulous even if a bit dated. I love huge kitchens and that certainly has one. I am curious about the random stones popping out of the plaster in the wall of the addition. I am sure the house has an interesting history.

    The first home is lovely and very styIish. I really like the atrium ceiling in the kitchen. And all those chandeliers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My paternal relatives were in Yorkshire for at least 500 years (1400s-1900s) so maybe I could go and claim one of these homes?

    ReplyDelete
  3. For a few extra pounds, do you think I could have the first house and the grounds of the second one? I like the first house far more, but the setting of the second is spectacular! And for those of us who love that first house, it's only 4.9 million USD. Pocket change. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are really beautiful homes. I like the decor in the first one and the bedroom is beautiful in it but the kitchen is too huge with wasted space, I think. I love the grounds of the second one and but the interior isn't as nice as the first. Guess I'll keep on dreaming. So, John's from Yorkshire. Does he have an accent?

    ReplyDelete
  5. First house: elegant yet understated. Is it my perspective, or are those child beds really short?
    Second house: Those curly stair railing spindles! Yum. If I lived there and had a party, I suspect my friends would find a way to install a trapeze in that great room. Holy high ceiling!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Be still my heart. There's not much of anything at all I'd change there, and I am totally in love.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the interior of the first one. The child's room remind's me of Peter Pan. I love the grounds and the exterior of the second one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love both houses but the first one is more to my taste. I want a pea gravel path to the playhouse this year. We'll see! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll take the second one. I'll probably live outside. Just so gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was all sold on the first one, but the stone walls in the second one - YUMMY...and the courtyard - DAMN!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That almost makes me want to leave Canada. So beautiful.....and I want pea gravel too. Lots of it.

    ReplyDelete

Due to a large amount of spam ( that I'm tired of going back to posts and deleting ) I'll be using comment moderation from now on !!!
Can I beat these spammers at their own game? Probably not - but I'm going
to try my damnedest !!!
xoxo