Wednesday, April 30, 2014

If bloggers were children..................

We'd all be labeled with A.D.D

Every last one of us.

Oh - look what I did
Oh - Oh - look what I made
Oh Oh Oh - come see what I found
OMG - you're going to go crazy when you see this

We'd be jumping up and down at our little desks, all screaming and squealing with delight
and coveting what the little girl next to us was making or doing - or painting - or.................

We'd frantically be drawing pictures of things we loved and putting them in scrapbooks so that we could look at them over and over again.

At recess we'd be showing off our snacks - our very pretty snacks

At lunch time we'd be beaming with pride as beautiful goodness fell out of our lunch boxes..............

We'd have slumber parties where every one would ooooh and ahhhh over the gorgeous linens and matching curtains ( created out of drop cloths )  as we all gathered in a circle to create wreaths with the left over remnants.

While other little girls were painting actual pictures - we'd be painting the Teacher's desk - and distressing it slightly for authenticity - and the more ambitious of us would do all the student's desks in complimentary colors.

If our shoes got scuffed we'd cover them with Duct Tape and create little masterpieces as we danced our ways down the hall.

Stickers would mysteriously go missing from Teacher's supplies - and show up covering the lunch room walls

Ink pads would be " borrowed " on a frequent basis to decorate chairs with

We'd all be going through the trash cans at the end of the day frantically salvaging old rulers.

Instead of filling little egg cartons with seeds - we'd landscape the entire grounds

After we brought the Teacher an apple - we'd ask if we could take photos of it

And chalkboards?
Well they just wouldn't know what hit them
The Teachers would turn around to write something on it - and there before their very eyes would be
exquisitely written recipes - or scripture or Welcome Spring - or Fall or Winter ( summer they'd remain nice and clean since we wouldn't be there )

AND EVERY SINGLE ONE OF OUR REPORT CARDS WOULD READ:

LITTLE blank ( insert name here ) HAS ONE OF THE SEVEREST CASES OF A.D.D. I'VE YET TO SEE IN MY CAREER.

Today?
We call it blogging
Welcome to our world !

P.S.
Don't knock it
Annie Sloan must have been one of those little girls stealing CHALK from the Teachers - maybe she started off mixing it with her milk at lunch - but look what she created !

P.S.S. -  Oh Oh Oh !!!!  Look what I got - I almost forgot !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See Suzan jump up and down
See Suzan whip out her paints
See Suzan plaster it all over the internet when it's done



Hey - it beats medication any day of the week :)

Have a great Thursday one and all
Much love,



Partying here ( join me? )
Miss Mustard Seed                                My 1929 Charmer                    That's what Che said
Kathe with an E                                     My Turn for Us                         My Romantic Home


45 comments:

  1. Hahaha I love it! It's SO true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got it just right! But isn't it fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is an awesome description. And yes, I stole the stamps from the teacher's desk.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You really cracked me up this morning. Where you looking into my schooling? LOL Love the buffet/hutch.
    Not sure how much I stole, but man did I create some pretty pictures on the chalkboards :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lmho !!!
      I read every book in the classroom library - 2 rows under the chalkboard by Christmas - the Teacher had to send me to the grade 2 classroom for more.
      Speed reading at 6 years old LOL
      XOXO

      Delete
  5. Yes it does beat pills...and like I told my Dr. I am perfectly happy in my world ....I do not want a pill for that...Thanks for the laugh this morning I really needed it...Love ya Blog Girl friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL...this teacher needed this funny this morning! Off to work to see all my little future bloggers...:) Love the china cabinet...and can't wait to see you work your magic on it!

    Blessings, Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha, yes! Can't wait to see your china cabinet come to life! And maybe be a little jealous. Ha!

    Oh! I see something I just have to go squeal over. Lol. :)
    Toodles

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seriously- Like YOU want US to think you are NOT medicated!?! You are so right- I may have been known to get into trouble for making a paper mache rooster in art class...um..and NOT following the rules. lol

    GREAT post- fun and real. Can't wait to see the makeover on that cabinet. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha ha Suzan so true. I cannot wait to see the magic you do on the china cabinet. I know it will be awesome. Have a great day.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hahahaha...love this post, Suzan! Looking forward to seeing what you do with this China cabinet...after you finish jumping up and down :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lol...yes you are right. Except I am not one of the bloggers that makes cute stuff. I'm so A.D.D. that I post torn up lawnmowers, struggling to put on spanx and roosters that look like Rod Stewart....and in my crazy head I actually believe that's what people want to see....(shaking my head at myself)......sheesh! At least I can come here and see your beautiful transformations but you know my favorite part is your's and John's conversations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rod Stewart Roosters?
      How brilliant !!!
      MIck Jagger Monkeys
      Oh the places my mind could take me with this LOL
      Crazy head? Says who? Sanity is sooooo over rated!
      XOXOXOX

      Delete
  12. This post made my day! Love your sense of humor! I`m so happy to follow you! Looking forward for your next posts! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol - thanks so much Debbie !
      kindred spirits?
      xox

      Delete
  13. I was the one making the bulletin boards for my teacher, my most memorable was a huge hot air balloon made out of tissue paper... I loved art class! I still have ADD!

    ReplyDelete
  14. My actual grade school report cards said I talked too much. Shocking, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  15. You a one crazy hilarious woman!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. I feel like blogging is sort of grown-up show and tell. I ALWAYS loved show and tell - such validation from my peers. And now I blog to show and tell.
    Yep, we're all kids yearning for attention. love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Show and Tell always made me a little nervous wreck - I can still remember being terrified my " thing " wasn't interesting enough lol ( I'm still like that I think )
      XOXO

      Delete
  17. suzan xox i love your crazy ass (oops can i say that?) from johns bloomers to raising all kinds of heck painting wood lmao i can't wait to see your blog in my email xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With crazy ass followers LMHO !!!
      Hugs to YOU
      xox

      Delete
  18. Suzan what a great post and how accurate, LOL. We would have the best time if this was able to take place. This piece you found amazing and I can't wait to see your magic.

    I decided when we are in the new house I am going to redo our dining room furniture. Time for a color change, what color, have know idea.

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm not a "type A" person at all, very much an introvert. No ADD here, maybe that's why I only blog once a week?

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is such a fun and clever post. So true!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I was always getting into trouble, and having my mouth washed out with soap by those d.m nuns! I was their worse nightmare, and they were mine. We are so A.D.D. as bloggers and I think type A falls under that category too. I had more black and blues from those nuns and gave them h..l. They deserved it.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This was a fun post to read, Suzan! lol I can actually see & hear you jumping up & down squealing.
    Debbie :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. You are too funny. I'm currently going through a stage in which I feel as if that is exactly what every blogger I'm following is doing. Thanks for the laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love this post.....one thing for sure, we are not boring and we get it! (in our little world) Now go paint! Adorably Dynamic Diva~~~Blessings, Roxie

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love the way your mind works -- this post is a classic! Clever, funny and Oh So True!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I was that little girl who grew up to be the teacher so I could decorate the bulletin boards and draw on the chalkboard and paint the desks and huge cable spools in distressed colors. My students wrote a cookbook of smoothies which we served on Fridays to whoever would visit in the classroom. We collected oral histories and published a book. We made a quilt illustrating all the books we read. We did creative things to enrich our minds and out lives. We journaled every day. I became a blogger because I missed the daily "chat" in writing with my students. Thank you, Suzan, for this wonderful post! I am pinning this right after I attempt to find a bigger cabinet to paint in a better color and post it before you do :>)))

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great post...and Oh so true!!!
    hugs,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  28. Ha ha ha! This is so true and so funny to read! I got an S for satisfactory in "Color, Cut and Paste" in kindergarten. I think it all began there...it certainly gave me satisfaction. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Lol but at least we're never boring or idle!

    ReplyDelete
  30. LOL, so true! Creative minds just keep going and going and going. BTW I have a similar sideboard without the hutch which I refinished a few years back. At that time, I was into mostly stain refinishing. Ready for a change. Can't wait to see what you do with yours.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Brilliant post Suzan. Laughed right to the end! Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Yes, I keep changing the house around because my ADHD keeps me moving. If I am not moving things, I am thinking what things I can move.

    ReplyDelete
  33. OMGosh this is so funny! I am all over the place! Love your new find, I know it will be gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Suzan, I have been trying to read this post for 4 days (true statement), but something always came up at the lunch box lines: the garden needed tilled, I needed a shower after tilling the garden, dinner needed cooked, then I'd fall asleep at the lunchbox lines, then the garden needed planted and I needed a shower after planting, the dog needed a bathe, I needed another shower after bathing the dog, etc..... I finally finished this morning. Very funny and very true the way crafters are and can't wait to see the transformation. Darn it the laundry needs done.
    The Little Ball Girl.

    ReplyDelete
  35. How funny! I'm off to my blogger's group today - about a dozen of us meet once a month, and it is the highest energy group ever! We find it hard to stay on topic, and often scare our speakers away! Ooohh! look at that . . . where's my camera . . . did you know . . . how can I . . . Oh! SPARKLES!!!
    I think I'll read your post to them today.

    ReplyDelete
  36. This is sooo true!! LOL! Thanks for sharing at Freedom Fridays - I'll be sharing on my FB page and pinning!

    ReplyDelete

Due to a large amount of spam ( that I'm tired of going back to posts and deleting ) I'll be using comment moderation from now on !!!
Can I beat these spammers at their own game? Probably not - but I'm going
to try my damnedest !!!
xoxo