Monday, April 21, 2014

SO......................my computer crashed again on Friday evening - for the last time.  Finito - deadsville - over and done.  ( after saying I contemplated leaving bloglandia it looked for a brief moment that I was going to have to by default ),

On Saturday we went to Lindsay's for Easter - where she had organized a treasure hunt - and as we all looked for our treasures - one of my clues said " something _____________ savvy, you are NOT " -
It took a while to guess because we all know I'm savvy about everything lol - but it lead me to a computer sitting on one of their desks - and the final clue asked me to type the name of my blog in on the screen -
and up popped the following message

" HAPPY EASTER - BIRTHDAY MOM - HOPE YOU LIKE YOUR NEW COMPUTER "

The computer I typed my blog name in was my gift - how special is that?
________________________________________________________________________________

Now comes the fun part - getting to know my new computer - I CAN'T STAND IT !!!!!!!
Apparently my old one was archaic - but this new one?  It's complicated ( I don't like complicated things - I like my things nice and easy and archaic )  It's basically taken me two days to create this post LOL !!!
But here we go - my Mora ( faux ) clock - at your service :)


John says - What the hell is that around the clock?
Suzan says - It's a faux " Mora Clock "
John says - A faux Mora WHAT?
Suzan says - You don't like it?
John says - No - not at all actually
John says - Do you?
John says - It looks like a Ukelele with a clock on top

I started off just tracing the pattern that Tina sent me ( you can see that here )
Here it is after one coat of paint - it took 3


A couple of embellishments ( this is still very rough )



a quick outlining  - everything still needs to be tweaked - but couldn't wait to show you all
and try out this new computer - which is giving me a lot of grief...............as you can see by the clock it's taken almost a half hour to type this and upload the photos lol


Don't think I'll be blogging daily until I understand it a little better.................
I'll be working on " antiquing " this clock :)

Have a great day all !!!




Sharing with !!!
French Country Cottage                          My Turn for Us                               My Romantic Home
The Shabby Nest                                    Funky Junk Interiors




30 comments:

  1. Well Suzan, that is quite the nice Easter/Birthday gift! I'm glad you got a new computer so you can't stop blogging! What kind did you get? I'm still learning the ropes of my MacBook after a year and a half. sorry. But, it's completely different from a PC. You'll soon get the hang of it and will be a pro just like your painting. Speaking of which....your faux Mora clock is really neat looking. Have a really great week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry about your computer, and I love that you were able to get a new one. I hate my new computer too...why do they have to make things so crazy. I love your faux Mora clock.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet gift! Hot mine for Christmas from our youngest son. A Microsoft tablet. LUV it. But yes, it takes w bit of getting used to.
    Enjoy the process...
    Luv the faux Mora clock. Sorry John.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy you had a great Easter Suzan and what a sweet surprise to get. So happy you are up and running again.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi dear Suzan. What a special gift for you. I had computer problems too for a long time. Sometimes I was near to throw it in the wall, so my dear husband rushed to the store and bought me a new one before it really happened lol.

    Hugs from here

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Easter-birthday! What a nice gift. The Mora clock looks sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So happy you got a new computer because we all need our "Suzan" fix.

    Happy Easter a day late

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, John, come on, it looks really lovely, you can't say otherwise!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's so hard to learn a new computer....but I'm so glad you got one! Love your clock...tell John we all do! teehee! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a sweet Easter gift. I, too, hate it when I have to deal with re-configured computer oriented stuff. A ukelele, John?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I rec'd a new camera for Christmas and I am still working on all its gidgets and gadgets. Modern and up to date, I am not.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful gift. I hope you don't leave blogland. You are just too fun to visit. I would miss your conversations with John and your DIYs.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh girl I can relate. I hate learning something new. Your kids are so sweet to get you a new computer. Hang in there, you'll get the hang of it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations on your new computer. Mine is on it's last leg and I keep my fingers crossed.
    Happy Birthday also - can you go to a store and have them show you how it works, or go find a 14 year old and they are a whiz on the computer.
    Have a great week.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOL- What a great EASTER/BIRTHDAY present...and HAPPY BIRTHDAY, by the way. Did you know that you and Kris's birthdays are very close to each other? Hers was Friday(?) I think?
    Your Mora clock is really cute. Tell John is is better than posting a watch on the wall that he would have to squint to see! Good luck on your new computer. I think I told you my son gifted me with one that policemen, emts, firemen use. Yeah- I can drop it from 2 stories or get blood or bodily fluids on they keyboard and it will still work....now, if I could just figure out how to use it for REAL computeriing I would be great. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautifully Creative!! You'll have CONTROL of that computer in no time!! Blessings~~~Roxie

    ReplyDelete
  17. When I switched to a lap top I had no idea it would be so different. I was a few weeks getting used to it but even we old folks get the hang of it eventually. What a wonderful gift!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the clock. I am being forced to upgrade since my computer's innards are too old to update anymore. I fear the unknown where both my phone and computer is smarter than I am. My phone is so snobbish, it refuses to connect to the old computer. I want to go back to party lines and listening in on the neighbor's conversations!.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You got a new computer???? Your kids are awesome! You'll figure it out, just have patience...LMAO..because I know you don't have any! Love the clock and I can't wait to start mine. Guess I'd better pick up a cool clock somewhere first! Happy Birthday my dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  20. How fun! What great kids to do that for you. Love love love the clock my 11 year old daughter is desperate for me to make one of those for her, I'd never heard of faux mora clocks although Elizabeth called it a pretend grandfather clock :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful! How funky. You are so creative.

    ReplyDelete
  22. How lucky and good timing for your family to get you a new computer for your birthday! I'm sure you'll figure it out soon enough, in the meantime, have fun learning all the new bells & whistles.
    Debbie :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Happy Birthday to you!!

    That's fun they got you a computer. I hope you learn to love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Happy Birthday sweet Suze!!! Hmmm...why is my comment not showing up from yesterday?

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lolol! A ukelele?? lolol That man has such a wild imagination! lol You are such a creative soul, girl! I love your brilliant Mora clock! I never would have thought to do something like that. And about your computer? Yeah....I feel your pain. I ended up getting a new one a month ago. Scared to death of it at first. But now I just love it! Just think about how good it is for our "aging" brains to learn a new task! lol You'll do fine. Just give yourself some time. :)

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a wonderful gift! And you will figure it out soon and wonder how you ever lived without it!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Too funny! I think "she" looks great :) Husbands...they don't always "get it", do they?

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful! I've always wanted a Mora Clock but never thought I could afford one but I recently bought one for a graduation gift to myself. I found a dealer with amazing prices!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great birthday present (happy birthday!), and I love the clock, even untweaked!

    ReplyDelete

Due to a large amount of spam ( that I'm tired of going back to posts and deleting ) I'll be using comment moderation from now on !!!
Can I beat these spammers at their own game? Probably not - but I'm going
to try my damnedest !!!
xoxo