Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Charming desk

Here is the latest piece for sale -
It is soooo charming - reminiscent of an old school desk - but with far more detail 
Again in Paris Grey and Old White - this combination is really beautiful - and It's
fast becoming my new obsession............

I love desks - for some reason they stir up visuals for me - especially the old antique ones,
I imagine a lady ( never a man ) sitting and writing letters to friends ( pen pals? ) their long
dresses draping on the floor beneath them, using an inkwell - I even have the desks
placed in front of windows in my mind so that they can gaze wistfully out as they
think of what to write.

I have 2 more desks in storage to do and don't think I will ever tire of this.
Maybe physically - but never mentally - too strong an emotional connection
to beautiful things with a history.


antique desk, ascp white, ascp paris gray



Another dresser gets done tomorrow - and then....................

I am going to attempt my Union Jack dressers tomorrow -
This is going to be more of a challenge for me I think!

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to a large amount of spam ( that I'm tired of going back to posts and deleting ) I'll be using comment moderation from now on !!!
Can I beat these spammers at their own game? Probably not - but I'm going
to try my damnedest !!!
xoxo