Sunday, June 10, 2012

Wiser?

I had wanted an antique secretary for a very long time - so when I came across this one for 250.00 and was able to talk him down to 200.00 ( delivered )  I grabbed it..................feeling so lucky - we had just moved into this place - and it fit with the victorian style of our flat


I think I painted it the next morning


and I was thrilled ( it may have been my most treasured find ) until tonight - when I was browsing
Craigs List and saw this


which is absolutely positively without a doubt an exact replica of mine - and perhaps even in better
shape.
FOR.
50.
DOLLARS.

Never again - I will not be taken advantage of.
Ever.
Again.

A light bulb has gone off - I actually heard it - something clicked in my brain - and at long last it's finally happened - I am wiser.

XXX
Suzana Ana Dana




3 comments:

  1. It's so disappointing isn't it? You feel you found a bargain and then down the road, you find you were taken advantage of. :( So sorry!

    I know you'll find lots of honest values in the future.

    xo
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buy this one, paint it, sell it for $250 and you'll have recoup your initial investment.

    It's a gorgeous piece regardless. Look at it this way: you wouldn't be able to get something this nice new at retail for $200.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it is so pretty all painted up....it is so hard when you find something less expensive, sorry about that.

    ReplyDelete

Due to a large amount of spam ( that I'm tired of going back to posts and deleting ) I'll be using comment moderation from now on !!!
Can I beat these spammers at their own game? Probably not - but I'm going
to try my damnedest !!!
xoxo