Sunday, January 13, 2013

God didn't make little green apples ( how love is shown )

And I wake up in the morning with my hair down in my eyes and he says hi
And I stumble to the breakfast table while the kids are going off to school, goodbye.
And he reaches out and takes my hand and squeezes it and says how you feeling hon?
And I look across at smiling lips that warm my heart, and see my morning sun.

Now picture the song coming to a scratching screeching stop

THAT'S HOW I'M SUPPOSED TO WAKE UP ( well except my kids are grown - but you get the picture, right? ) 

Instead I get this

JOHN YELLS - WHERE ARE MY KEYS?  I KNOW I LEFT THEM ON THE TABLE LAST NIGHT
Suzan mumbles - I didn't touch them
JOHN YELLS - WELL I HAVE AN EARLY APPOINTMENT - DAMMIT IT - WHY ISN'T ANYTHING EVER WHERE I LEAVE IT
JOHN YELLS - DO YOU THINK YOU COULD HELP ME FIND THEM SLEEPING BEAUTY?
JOHN YELLS - THEN YOU CAN SLEEP ALL DAY IF YOU WANT 
Suzan stumbles to the breakfast table - They're right there on the hook where they're supposed to be - 
JOHN says - thanks babe

And off I go back to bed and 5 minutes later the phone rings 

JOHN SAYS - I LEFT THE BLOODY SAMPLES ON THE DINING ROOM TABLE 
JOHN SAYS - DO YOU THINK YOU COULD BRING THEM TO THE BACK DOOR?
Suzan stumbles to the dining room table and brings them to the back door
JOHN says - thanks babe - you're the best

And off I go back to bed and 20 minutes later the phone rings

JOHN SAYS - SOMETHING DOESN'T FEEL RIGHT WITH THE CAR, CAN YOU CALL GORDIE
( my son is a mechanic )
JOHN SAYS - SEE IF HE CAN FIT ME IN SOMETIME TODAY?
JOHN SAYS - thanks babe

And off I go back to bed -  and just when I'm finally drifting off to sleep John walks in and the back door closes with a bang - and I can hear him kicking off his boots - and Soda is barking her head off - and I'm about to scream - at the top of my lungs - when he walks into the bedroom  with a fresh apple turnover - my all time favorite breakfast pastry - AND a hot chocolate.........
And serves it to me in bed......................
John says - Here you go sweetie

Suzan says - Do  you think you could pick up something on Sunday for me?
John says - Oh no, not again
Suzan says - Come look, I'll show you 



John says - ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME - you know that's too big for the car
Suzan says - But I told them I don't want the mattress and they're disassembling everything
so really it's just the 2 ends
John says - It's too big - what part of that don't you understand? I got a ticket picking up the 
dresser.
Suzan says - But you can tie these on the roof - no problem
John says - you've got me running around like the " carry on " gang
Suzan says - I have no idea what that means
John says - google it - 
( but I'm too tired - I have a vague memory - maybe they were a little like Ma and Pa Kettle - the British version? )
Suzan says - it's really cheap - and I can do something with that
John says - THE ANSWER TO THIS ONE IS NO, UNDERSTAND? NO - N.O.
Suzan says - You're always commenting that my blog is supposed to be a furniture makeover blog 
well I need FURNITURE for that to happen!

and an hour later - 
John says - Where is the bed located anyway?
John says - This is the last piece, understand?
John says - I can't pick up anything anymore that doesn't fit properly in the car
John says - The things I do for you - do you tell your blogger friends about everything I do?
Suzan says - Yes John - in fact I do - I tell them EVERYTHING you do honey.............

and so - I will finally have a furniture makeover - 

Apple turnovers - hot chocolate and a furniture pick up?
WELL............................

If that's not loving me, then all I've got to say,
is God didn't make the little green apples, and it don't rain in Indianapolis in the summer time.
And there's no such thing as Dr. seuss, disney land and mother goose, no nursery rhymes.


God didn't make little green apples and it don't snow in Minneapolis when the winter comes
There's no such thing as make believe, puppy dogs or autumn leaves, no b.b. guns
God didn't make little green apples.......................

Partying with!
Setting for Four
Life on Lakeshore Drive

30 comments:

  1. Awwww..As much as these guys of ours can be such a pain they can also be so sweet at times.... Guess that's why we keep them around, lol....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the way you wove the song into your remembrance of that day! (My mother had that song on an LP she loved) I look forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diane - my Mother was in love with Roger Miller -
      Trailers for sale or rent - rooms to let, 50 cents lol
      XOX

      Delete
  3. Okay, my husband is going to sit down and read this post....no doubt about it. Turnovers and hot chocolate? Are you kidding me girl!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Why isn't anything ever where I leave it?" I get that...but only when hubby's looking for something that's right where it's supposed to be (like keys on a hook ;) ).

    I could reply, 'why don't you ever put anything away, then you'd know where to find it?' but that wouldn't be nice. And I wouldn't get coffee and an everything bagel every so often (my equivalent to hot chocolate and a turnover). :)

    Looking forward to the bed makeover, and hoping your hubby doesn't get a ticket, hahahaha. Sorry, it still makes me laugh when I think about him driving like that...I know it's not funny (tickets are atrociously priced), but I can't help it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I forgot about that song - love it! However, it does snow in Minneapolis when the winter comes, just sayin'....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh- I so remember that song- it brings back sweet, sweet memories of a life long past.
    As always, I loved your conversation. I put the news on mute and read it to MyHero. He immediately took your husband's side...like ..what is WRONG with her? Wrong with HER? Well, she has to live with HIM...that is what is wrong with HER~ Now...do you want to go for brunch, or not? lol
    Can't wait to see what you do with the bed but I do hope that no ropes are involved! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember that song too! How sweet to bring your favorite breakfast as a surprise!
    xx
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  8. My husband has the same reaction every time I ask him to pick up one of my bargains. I am a new follower! I found your link at the “It’s Party Time” party. I would love for you to link up to my weekly linky party Fluster Muster on Wednesday’s @ http://www.FlusterBuster.com.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ....and it don't rain in Indianopolis in the summer time. Love that song!! And love your John for picking up one of your treasures!! He's a keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It DOES rain in Indianapolis in the summer time (and spring and fall and winter). Just sayin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well then I suppose God DID make little green apples? lol
      XOX

      Delete
  11. I have been thinking about this since this morning. The song is wrong...It DOES snow in Minneapolis in winter and it DOES rain in Indianapolis in the summer. Wonder what that writer was thinking~? lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. hi I havnt been around for awhile but just wanted to say i love the new look of your blog.Its looks so fresh --love dee x

    ReplyDelete
  13. You're Mr. Muscles is a great guy, I think they have to complain about it before they agree...I'm sure it's in a MANual somewhere!
    Hugs,
    Pendra

    ReplyDelete
  14. lol! What's better on a Sunday evening than reading a conversation between you and John AND knowing that you're going to give us all another fabulous furniture make-over??? Nothing. Nothing at all. lolol! You always know how to make me laugh, girlie! :)

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oddly, Trailer For Sale Or Rent is one of my all time favourite songs! Perhaps you should look into buying a van. A used one may be cheaper than the tickets John is racking up.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Okay, I seriously laughed out loud when I read this! You've got a keeper and I can't wait to see what you do with the bed. :) Thanks for linking up! Clydia @ Three Mango Seeds

    ReplyDelete
  17. I read this one to my husband Doug. I was cracking up so hard I could almost not get through it. It sounds just like us! As I was reading it he just kept nodding his head yes and saying "see....see....see what we do for you".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh and by the way I am a FreeCycler so I am always asking him to take his truck or our van to get a big item for me lol. For those not aware of FreeCycle look them up! It's a gem of a Yahoo group to belong to. Most cities have one and if they don't you can probably join one that is in a close by town. You can either offer up items to be taken away or try to snag up some offered in the group by others. The catch is it all has to be FREE. You list some kids clothes they have out grown. You get some responds and choose one. Set up a time for them to pick it up. I usually just set it in a bag on my front porch bench. When something is offered you want you reply to the request and politely ask if it's still available. I find being nice is best and can sometimes put you in the lead of someone who may have gotten there first but was rude. So anyway just my little bit of Green help today. It keeps stuff out of the landfills.

      Delete
    2. Now if they could just stop driving us insane before they do something nice - now that would be heaven lol
      XOX

      Delete
  18. Ahh that's so sweet and I am loving the new look!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Suzan, I am a new reader and neighbour here in Oshawa (a bedroom town of Toronto) I love your blog and came to by way of Life on Lakeshore. Your humour and wit are simply amazing and have hooked me. The furniture makeovers are just a bonus!! You're now at the TOP of my favourites list!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Laurayne - I know Oshawa!
      Take care neighbour - be well and hope to see you soon!
      Hugs,
      Suzan

      Delete
  20. I love the conversations with you and John! They are so funny. I used to post mine on my other blog! I might have to be inspired by you and migrate them towards Yellow Brick Cottage!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awww, now that is a sweet hubby! It's amazing how they need us to find everything for them!! LOL I had forgotten all about that song, and now I bet I sing it in my sleep. heehee Thanks so much for always making me laugh, and for sharing at A Bouquet of Talent each week. The party wouldn't be the same without you!! :)

    Huge Hugs
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my god Suzan....Sam and I have the "Where's my keys...phone...wallet" conversation about 3 times a week! I'm so tired of it! I made a place for him to put all 3 things and he never puts them there! Now when he's wanting me to look for them....I just pretend to..I walk around the rooms and think about how I'd like to make them over until he finds them!! Maybe if I actually looked for them, I'd be getting a hot chocolate and an apple turnover??!! Nice bed...can't wait to see what you do with it!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Suzan!!

    I love it!!!! Isn't it funny that husbands or kids always think that the wife/mom touched these items, when all along they are to blame.

    And they say women are losing it!!

    Too funny!!

    Pam
    xox

    ReplyDelete

Due to a large amount of spam ( that I'm tired of going back to posts and deleting ) I'll be using comment moderation from now on !!!
Can I beat these spammers at their own game? Probably not - but I'm going
to try my damnedest !!!
xoxo