Wednesday, January 2, 2013

I WANNA live there # 20

I live in a pretty incredible area - It's an historical neighbourhood loaded with tons and tons and tons of charm - and 20th century architecture, just steps away from the city center, it's also a pretty expensive neighbourhood ( in which I live in servants quarters basically compared to what I'm surrounded by ) 
Because there's days I don't have furniture makeovers to show you - I've chosen Wednesdays to showcase and feature one home that's for sale around here.................( or apartment - or duplex - or teepee )
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Good morning all!  The first of the homes for this series in 2013 - let's see what the new year holds in store!


$1,295,000
Spacious semi-detached residence 4 bdrms large lot w/ no rear neighbors garage and ext. parking for 4 cars. This South facing home with views features flowing cross hall plan generous rooms sizes solid wood floors and more. Bring your kitchen and bath designer and customize to your own taste. Walking distance to Westmount's finest schools.




I think this must be new on the market - haven't seen it before - it has 4 bedrooms - 3 baths - 1 half bath



love love love how spacious the entry way is



Living room - 

Dining room - gorgeous original leaded glass windows - double french doors - i even love the original floor ( with a couple of coats of verathane on it definitely ) 



I'm thinking this is kind of a butlers pantry since it's off the kitchen, 
Whatever
I would definitely be placing drinks on this baby for parties - 
Or maybe have John stand there dressed like a butler





off the kitchen - enclosed porch - remember one of the houses we saw had converted this into a sit
down area off the kitchen?  I think I'd copy that idea for this one too!

ok - let's go upstairs!











I'd have daybeds in here - and I'd lounge my life away just staring out at the city - with a ton of books laying on the floor.......................



does anyone else love radiators as much as I do?
and those windows?



basement
and
sauna

I absolutely love this one - really - would love to get my hands on it!

and if the thought of taking care of property is too much and you'd rather live in an apartment - click on the below - one of the most glamorous apartments I've seen listed in awhile - worth the click I promise
I can't download the photos unfortunately - so you have to take this extra step :) TAKE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!
PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!  think I could see myself living in it very very easily lol - absolutely gorgeous - and worth every penny of the 1,795,000 price tag DAHLINKS.................
Profusion Immobilier
Did you go?
Have you caught your breath yet?
I'm afraid anything else I could find to show you today would be disappointing after that - so I'm going to leave you with that one on your mind.....................
Have a wonderful day -
and keep buying lotto tickets - I may have to double up on them for 2013 :)

19 comments:

  1. I like most of this house but HATE what they did to the kitchen. It wasn't like they didn't already have enough exposed wood in the house! I love the butler's pantry. My collection of ironstone would look fabulous in the upper cabinets! The basement family room is nice and I understand the need for a drop ceiling to hide the pipes and whatnot, however, more wood and could they have not found better looking ceiling tiles? Well, if I could afford to buy it, I guess I could afford to rip out the kitchen and re-do the basement. It's easy to be snobby when you don't have a pot to pee in! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would leave the bathroom intact...gorgeous. Kitchen would be easily remedied.

    I rather fancy myself in that flat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of the space! I could have a ton of family/friends over and visiting in that place! And radiators remind me of my youth. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great house and look at all that great space!! I love it too. Happy new year 2013!
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  5. The house is okay (except for the kitchen) but the apartment is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That entry is to die for and the original bath fixtures are a dream come true! Yeah, I could live there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Maureen - and other than cleaning the bathroom until it sparkled again I would leave it also -
      XOX

      Delete
  7. Don't really like the lack of curb appeal to this house, but love the interior (except the kitchen!!! what were they thinking?). Bathroom is similar to mine in character - original "chiclet" tiles and old porcelain tub - mine's smaller of course.

    And that apartment - wow, wow, wow. A shame it isn't on a higher floor to get a better view.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So much potential... now, that would be a big project for 2013! Thanks for coming by Dandelion House to say hello! Would love to have you party with us on Fridays for the Farmgirl Friday Blog Hop... no farm necessary... just a healthy dose of can-do spirit in anything you love to do! I'm following you too!
    Happy Hew Year!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all the open spaces- WOW you could do so much and have so much fun decorating!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think we may need to send in the Ghost Hunters team to investigate the purple demon spirit in the decanter in photo#7 of the apartment. It's probably not really a demon, more likely just the spirit of someone's wild Uncle Bob, who was quite a partier in his day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. omg! I would buy that apt just for the chandeliers alone! I could be rattling around in their with my old bones till the day I died - they would't get me out of there until then. Hope the price includes the furniture - love that bedroom and dining room. Patty/BC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Patty! I'm so in love with that apartment I can't tell you -
      I'd be rattling around - and dancing off the chandeliers actually - from one to the other, like a trapeze artist LOL
      XOX

      Delete
  12. Oh my gosh - I love that home (and have already decorated it in my mind) - thanks for the tour!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is gorgeous- I LOVE it!!!! I will pop over and see the other one, too. I'll be over for coffee as soon as you get moved in- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  14. The other one is beautiful, too. I love the chandy in that one- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the house! I'd be painting some of that wood though, especially in the kitchen.

    Nicole xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG!! I am totally in love! It is very deceptive though from the outside....sneaky...because inside it is a gem! The views are really special. Often the windows are not so large on these old houses. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Due to a large amount of spam ( that I'm tired of going back to posts and deleting ) I'll be using comment moderation from now on !!!
Can I beat these spammers at their own game? Probably not - but I'm going
to try my damnedest !!!
xoxo