Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Graphite - take me away

Good morning everyone !

Part 2 of the bedroom set makeover - I even have a before for you this time !


I have to tell you I've enjoyed every single second of this makeover - truly !


I wish I had a place to stage them properly - I'm doing this smack in the middle of a room being built
Who does that?
Obviously I do - but who else does that?

At least the details are renovation free :)
Black and white photo anyone?


beautiful details in the drawers -


a place to keep change..............


and a VERY feeble attempt to stage it - but look at that beautiful waxed sheen !


can we " frost ": the reno's out of there?


nah - didn't think so - anyway - it is what it is - which is a dresser makeover - being done in a house makeover - by a woman who needs a complete makeover.....................

so this is what you get - but hey - it's one hell of a better pic than you got with the ladies dresser
here


Have to run and tackle those end tables now :)

Paint used :  Annie Sloan Chalk Paint - GRAPHITE - and clear wax

Have a wonderful Monday
Much love,

Partying Here!
From my Front Porch to Yours                   Common Ground                   The Charm of Home
French Country Cottage                              Redoux                                 Chase the Star
My Romantic Home                                   My Romantic Home               Miss Mustard Seed
The Shabby Nest                                       Remodelaholic                       I Heart Nap Time
Funky Junk Interirors                                Be Different - Act Normal       Pieced Pastimes
Three Mango Seeds                                   Uncommon Designs               Coastal Charm
Under the table & dreaming                 Between naps on the porch     Stone Gable
A Stroll through life                                   Knick of Time                       Savvy Southern Style
Adorned from Above                               Glitter Glue and Paint

34 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I really am serious ~ quite lovely.

    xo
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving the graphite, I have a can of it and have not used it. This beautiful dresser has me thinking I better find something to use the graphite on. love it. hugs Tobey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I love graphite. It can photograph SO differently though! Dontcha think?

    -andi

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in love. I must do something in graphite. You do such gorgeous work. I didn't even notice the reno background...all eyes were on that dresser!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love it great job as always Suzan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Suzan! Looks completely different!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous as always you start you!!!!

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another beautiful makeover.

    I am tackling a vintage cabinet today. I hope it turns out as nice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful!! You're good at what you do Suzan.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful job you did with this piece in the French blue, I love it! If I ever wanted to paint a piece of furniture I'd use this color and finish! Talented lady you are!
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  11. A little black dress is always flattering, even for a dresser! I love that little place to keep coins!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So beautifully done. Can't wait to see the kitchen, Love the mirror over the stove.
    xoxoGinger

    ReplyDelete
  13. loving graphite! looks great!

    paula
    locksley lane

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's absolutely gorgeous, Suzan!! And who can see your reno going on when you have beautiful pictures of the dresser to look at!
    Debbie :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Suzan it is beautiful!
    Nice work as usual...
    Staging is sometimes over rated... the piece speaks on it's own!!
    V

    ReplyDelete
  16. SO nice, Suzan. Now I can't look at a piece of wood furniture without thinking of you and that it needs you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. this is so beautiful, and I love the details inside the drawers!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This looks gorgeous! I am really considering graphite for my table!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Another beautiful, beautiful piece, Suzan. I love it! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous Suzan! Only you would be making over furniture in the middle of a reno. How do you do it????

    ReplyDelete
  21. It's probably a good thing to do it and have a break from the Reno and do something else. Give you fresh eyes when you back the dresser is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Looks absolutely fantastic, Suzan!! Love the colour, deep, rich and perfectly patina-ed! You are TOO funny, and VERY modest; you a makeover? You could be a MODEL for the perfect makeover!

    XOXO
    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your piece turned out just beautiful! Thanx for sharing at THT.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love it Suzan! That change holder is genius!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Looks great Suzan! I love the way Graphite looks.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Staging and photographing is the hardest part of this whole process, as far as I am concerned! Lovely transformation...and love the inside of the drawers! Am I nuts to even notice them?
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  27. I just painted a sofa table with graphite this weekend, it is my first time using it. I wasn't sure of it at first, but now that I see yours waxed and distressed maybe mine has hope after all. I really wish Annie Sloan had a black. love the dressers, and the house will come in time. And I doubt if you need a makeover, you are gorgeous. hugs Tobey

    ReplyDelete
  28. It's beautiful. Graphite is such a dynamic color, so you made an excellent choice. I really like the distressed look you gave it. I saw your link at Treasure Hunt Thursday. Ann Marie @ Iris Abbey

    ReplyDelete
  29. LOVE IT! Beautiful transformation! And I take photos in the middle of renos all the time lol...real life!

    ReplyDelete

Due to a large amount of spam ( that I'm tired of going back to posts and deleting ) I'll be using comment moderation from now on !!!
Can I beat these spammers at their own game? Probably not - but I'm going
to try my damnedest !!!
xoxo