Tuesday, March 4, 2014

I WANNA live there Wednesday # 70

WELCOME TO I WANNA LIVE THERE WEDNESDAY -
PLEASE NOTE THIS IS A SERIES ON REAL ESTATE FOR SALE - MOSTLY IN MY HOME TOWN OF MONTREAL - WITH LOTS OF VISITS HERE AND THERE TO SEE WHAT ELSE IS OUT THERE - SOMETIMES IN N.Y. OR NEW ORLEANS - OR PARIS - OR............ANYWHERE ACTUALLY!
I CONCENTRATE ( FOR THE MOST PART ) ON HERITAGE HOMES - HISTORICAL BUILDINGS WITH DETAILED ARCHITECTURE.
SINCE THIS IS A SERIES ON THE HOUSE ITSELF - AND NOT THE WAY PEOPLE FURNISH THEM - KINDLY KEEP THAT IN MIND WHEN LEAVING COMMENTS -I WOULD NOT WANT A HOME OWNER TO COME ACROSS THEIR HOME ON MY BLOG AND READ UNKIND THINGS ABOUT IT ( I WAS ONCE CONTACTED WITH THANKS FOR SHOWCASING SOMEONE'S HOME - SO IT'S POSSIBLE )  IF YOU'RE INTO HOMES WITH A HISTORY THIS IS A SERIES YOU JUST MAY ENJOY - THANKS SO MUCH FOR VISITING THEM WITH ME
___________________________________________________________________________________

Happy Wednesday all !!!

I came across the cutest little house - just looking at it makes me feel that Spring is right around the corner :) 
And the interior screams " HAPPY " - homey and cozy and well, happy - you'll see :)

449,000
1600 sq. ft.
Built in 1929
4 beds
1 bath
2 car garage
Realtor: DEAKIN REALTY

Doesn't this bring a smile to your face?


































Sooooo  charming ! Makes me wonder why I'm so afraid of color !  I adore everything about this kitchen - the original wood floors - the original cabinets painted red - the wood island and wood bench and the pot rack !!! ( just in case you didn't get it when I said I adored everything about it lol ) 





















They always recommend that you remove personal items when selling your house - but I'm in love with the fact that they left the collection of Teddies on the bed - it endears me to this place all the more






Loaded to the brim with old charm







What do you think?  Is it ridiculous to say a house looks " Joyful " ?

I think if houses could talk - this one would say


" Love lives here "

It's so perfectly Vintage and inviting!

Hope it brings a little Sunshine your way :)

Have a wonderful one!

Much love,

Sharing with
Common Ground                                  The Charm of Home                    French Country Cottage
Shabby Art Boutique                             My Romantic Home                     It's Overflowing
Three Mango Seeds                              I Should be Mopping the Floor      The Chicken Chick
Uncommon Designs                             Between Naps on the Porch          Coastal Charm
Stone Gable                                         Not Just a Housewife                   A Stroll through Life          Savvy Southern Style 
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia

28 comments:

  1. You are so right Suzan, THAT precious little cottage screams LOVE. In fact if I were looking for a new home and were willing to move to Montreal, I would soooooo buy that place. It's just adorable. The one thing that strikes me though is how they continued the LR into the formal DR. Don't know if I like that or would do that since they have that cozy and bright sunroom off of the kitchen too. In my opinion there are too many places to sit, although I do love me a sunny room and good book! Have a beautiful, warm and cozy day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's adorable, Suzan! Love the pretty yellow exterior with the gorgeous hydrangeas. I may have to do something about the red cabinets though! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable. I really, really need a garden shed that looks like a playhouse.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This house is so adorable! Love the charming exterior and those wood floors are amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is a really cute house, but way too small for me. :0)
    Debbi
    -yankeeburrow

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love it, Suzan. it is darling-and while I love the red in the kitchen I don't like the deep colors in the sitting room-but OH-What a Sweet Space! Love the hydrangeas along the front porch, too.

    I really like it when you just feature the one property for I Wanna Live There. I can just enjoy that one place and I am not comparing one to the other trying to figure out which one I like better- lol-----it's the blond in me! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE LOVE that yellow house. Perfect except it's in the wrong location! wink wink

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's very charming. I love the front porch and the hedge of hydrangeas.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that cottage, charming and not "grand", but cosy. And, yes a house can be joyful, haven't you ever visited the blog "A Joyful Cottage"? The owner is charming!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely LOVE this house! It really is a "happy" home ~ so warm and inviting. The price is unbelievable! I realize real estate is much higher up north, CA and other areas compared to here in Texas. Regardless, I love this one and could easily live there!

    xo
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Suzan what a cutie! I love the little garden shed out back and that porch oh my. What a sweet home. I could see myself very happy in this home.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  12. I do think it says Spring...Joy...Love ~ a great pick for today. I could live here.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Don't you love it when you see someone do something out of the ordinary? LOVE the huge exterior handle on that door in the kitchen :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an adorable house! So charming! It screams happy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. It exudes happiness! For a little house, it looks so spacious inside.

    ReplyDelete
  16. the yellow is so cheery. Joyful is the right word

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Suzan!!!!

    This house yells, 'Pam, where are you!!!!! Come to me and be my new owner!!!!!'

    This is my dream home. I'm very simple and not want for much. This house is perfect with the garage and little shed in the back and what a back yard!!!! The only think I would change is the red cupboards in the kitchen. They are too industrial looking for my taste.

    Enjoy the rest of the week!!!!

    Pam
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a lovely home. I would love for you to share at the Bacon Time linky that starts every Friday morning. I am green with envy. We are house hunting now, but stuck in a tiny home for the time being.

    ReplyDelete
  19. That is adorable! The yellow exterior makes it seem happy. LOL!
    Patty at Home and Lifestyle Design

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a sweet house.........too small for my family, but beautiful with so many nice little touches. Thank you for sharing this. Gentle Joy

    ReplyDelete
  21. Cute place. I like the kitchen, too.

    ReplyDelete
  22. That is very charming! We bought an old house last Autumn that we are completely renovating. I am trying to be more brave with color in this home. I love what others do with it, but previously liked to just have the wood and white walls look. My colors are pretty much muted earthy tones and grays so far, but at least it's a change for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Talk about curb appeal! It's just darling, and my favorite color for a house, too. Love the floors, and the light fixture over the dining table - they'd have to leave that for me or I wouldn't buy, lol. Take care - Dawn @ We Call It Junkin.com
    History & Home link party, Tue-Fri, weekly

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a charming home! I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh my, I want to live there too. Such a charming place. I would love for you to link up to my ongoing Inspire Me Tuesday party - http://www.astrollthrulife.net/2014/03/207th-inspire-me-tuesday-grain-sack.html Hope to see you there. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love it, so adorable! The yellow exterior is so cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I agree Suzan, this house is so adorable. Love the house tours.
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  28. I LOVE those floors they look amazing! I think I need to plant some hydrangeas at my place! :D

    ReplyDelete

Due to a large amount of spam ( that I'm tired of going back to posts and deleting ) I'll be using comment moderation from now on !!!
Can I beat these spammers at their own game? Probably not - but I'm going
to try my damnedest !!!
xoxo