Wednesday, March 12, 2014

I WANNA live there Wednesday # 71

WELCOME TO I WANNA LIVE THERE WEDNESDAY -
PLEASE NOTE THIS IS A SERIES ON REAL ESTATE FOR SALE - MOSTLY IN MY HOME TOWN OF MONTREAL - WITH LOTS OF VISITS HERE AND THERE TO SEE WHAT ELSE IS OUT THERE - SOMETIMES IN N.Y. OR NEW ORLEANS - OR PARIS - OR............ANYWHERE ACTUALLY!
I CONCENTRATE ( FOR THE MOST PART ) ON HERITAGE HOMES - HISTORICAL BUILDINGS WITH DETAILED ARCHITECTURE.
SINCE THIS IS A SERIES ON THE HOUSE ITSELF - AND NOT THE WAY PEOPLE FURNISH THEM - KINDLY KEEP THAT IN MIND WHEN LEAVING COMMENTS -I WOULD NOT WANT A HOME OWNER TO COME ACROSS THEIR HOME ON MY BLOG AND READ UNKIND THINGS ABOUT IT ( I WAS ONCE CONTACTED WITH THANKS FOR SHOWCASING SOMEONE'S HOME - SO IT'S POSSIBLE )  IF YOU'RE INTO HOMES WITH A HISTORY THIS IS A SERIES YOU JUST MAY ENJOY - THANKS SO MUCH FOR VISITING THEM WITH ME
___________________________________________________________________________________

WOW - have I got a treat today - this beauty is in Provincetown, MA.
A little History as follows:


Welcome to the historic birthplace of Admiral MacMillan, Arctic Explorer. This 1850 original antique has been completely rebuilt in conjunction with Provincetown historic codes. Details seen from the front and public way have been painstakingly repaired or replaced. The home is now totally rebuilt and renovated to the highest standards using top grade materials and incorporating many modern amenities. Included in the 3000sf contemporary design is a first floor open living plan, a finished basement, and three bedrooms with en suite baths upstairs. See attached floor plans and expanded detail for more. This will truly make the next owner a very special and unique historical homestead!
Listing courtesy of William Raveis RE & Home Serv.
Price 1,725.000
3 beds - 4 baths
3000 sq. feet





This place is stunning - I'm absolutely in awe of it!


Having always lived in small city homes - I can't for the life of me - imagine having so much space 



It flows so beautifully ( wonder if this is the original floor plan? ) 


An incredible kitchen !  This series is really starting to get depressing now LOL - now I WANT NEED
to have beams 







Stairs to basement I presume?


Basement?


I definitely have to paint a wall navy - today !


And here's the million dollar view


















Well - all I can say about this one is - if I win a couple of million dollars tomorrow - this house will be mine by Friday LOL

I know I've said it before - but this may really really really be my favorite since I've started this series:)

Have a wonderful Wednesday all - 
Buy a lottery ticket!

Much love,


Partying here !
Common Ground                                    The Charm of Home                      French Country Cottage
My Turn for Us                                      My Romantic Home                      Coastal Charm
I Should be Mopping the Floor                 Under the Table & Dreaming
Between Naps on the Porch                     My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
Savvy Southern Style                              Adorned from Above

24 comments:

  1. I may be the only one that feels this way but I do not like the first floor of this house. Great open floor plan and all that but way, way too modern interior fixtures for the exterior of the house. This could have easily had a more cottage interior which would have fit better in the neighborhood as well as the style of the home. I do like the second floor - especially the wall colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I'm disappointed that there are so many changes to the original layout of this historic home. The main floor would have had several smaller rooms and the large open space to me, looks, well, open and empty. I wish they'd kept the integrity of the original but maybe it was too far gone when purchased for the renovation. It's certainly not a restoration! The outside is really beautiful and I love the front porch and the shingles and windows. Sorry, but I won't be hopping on the plane to buy this one Suzan. :) P.S. How does one shower in that bathroom with the totally open shower without getting water all over the toilet and hardwood??? I'd freeze too. I like my tub and shower curtain to keep me warm. lol Are you getting the big storm there? We're waiting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, Suzan, but I agree with the first two comments. I am very disappointed that with the fabulous outside, they decided on such an open modern interior. I was hoping to see a restoration. The navy wall is dramatic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. what the hell is wrong with you people anyway LMAO !!!!!!!!
      can't tell you how much I love what they did - and I'm talking LOVE !!!
      It screams modern Nantucket to me - and I find it very warm - fill it up with gorgeous
      white furniture? Well I, for one, WANNA live there LOL - after living in this decrepit mess
      of a renovation - the cleanless of that one appeals to me more than I can tell you !
      I'm publishing this comment on the site - so I don't have to keep telling everyone why I like it lol
      xoxoxo

      Delete
  4. I doubt there is anything original in that house. I don't like it, sorry, it has no character!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't imagine having that much space either! Makes me imagine running in and doing a flying pirouette. Those beams are beautiful. If I lived there I would never leave to explore arctic anything!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Clean! Yes, Suzan, I can also visualize all kinds of wonderful furnishings in this home. Buyers can move right in, but I would attack the blue wall first. For the rest, I could deal with it. Linda@Wetcreek Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow i love the place love love the bathroom,i would have probably hated it in it's original state, to me historic means smaelly dark places where nothing works....first thing i woul do is buy a pair of skates lol i got a brand new pair of roller skates you've got a brand new key xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well then...................I think that we should get together and try them out to see LOL
      I LOVE this place too!
      xoxo

      Delete
  8. Ah-mazing!!! So much space, a kitchen I'd kill for and the view would have you in a great mood daily. :) You really should paint a wall navy ~ I LOVE mine! We could be twins then. Lol

    xo
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG Pat - with everything that's going on I completely forgot to send your bracelet to you - thank God you left a comment LMHO - sending this week - I promise :)
      I've had navy walls before and LOVED them - I also had a black dining room once with all white trim and it was gorgeous too! We're already twins of the heart :)
      xoxo

      Delete
  9. Suzan don't swear at me, but I don't like the modernness of the remodel at all either. It almost makes me sad. I hate the fireplace period, but up to next to those awesome windows is almost disturbing. Not fair someone can afford this house just to ruin it. : - ) I appreciate you sharing it though!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I even have controversy on my Real Estate Wednesday's lmho !!!
      I love it - I don't feel they ruined it at all - that kitchen ( in my world ) is spectacular
      and fireplaces are so easy to change - I love the openess and all that space and the cleanliness of it ! I'd buy it in a heartbeat if I had a couple of million dollars floating around lol !!!
      I'm actually quite shocked that so many people don't like my dream home!
      Ok - so you're off the list too when I have my house warming party LOL ( it's obviously going to be a small party !
      XOXO

      Delete
  10. What an amazing house and that view. INCREDIBLE!!!! xo Laura

    ReplyDelete
  11. You had me with the veranda....then I see the water and I know I am definitely winning the lottery! You can win the next one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great looking house, Suzan! I can actually see you incorporating some of those ideas into you home-on a smaller scale. You could do beams for sure! This was a real "find". xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  13. i would have like to see a more cozy interior. Can you imagine mopping all those floors!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this house!! I wanna live here too!!!!!
    xoxo
    -andi

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the house, but it is way to big for my style. I'd feel lost. I'd take the bathroom and water! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's a little too modern inside for me... But given the view, I'm willing to do a lot of work inside to give it a little more of my style. Now how much is it again?
    Magali
    PS: Is your navy wall painted yet?

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'd take it! Just think of all the furniture you would get to refinish in order to furnish that house!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What amazing architecture. I love all the attention to the wood in this home, and of course the million dollar view only adds to it's beauty. Gorgeous.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen - I LOVE this one too - you can come to my open house party LOL
      XOX

      Delete
  19. It is always fun to see the insides of a house! This one looks too modern, for me though. No charm. However, I think I kind of like the navy kitchen cabinets/accent wall. It's different.

    Nicole

    ReplyDelete

Due to a large amount of spam ( that I'm tired of going back to posts and deleting ) I'll be using comment moderation from now on !!!
Can I beat these spammers at their own game? Probably not - but I'm going
to try my damnedest !!!
xoxo