Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Another coffee table makeover

Hello !  ( is it me you're looking for ? )

Ok before I type up this post - I have to tell you this -

I had this piece of hair ( bangs? ) that kept getting in my eyes all day - and I kept blowing it out of the way - finally I tried to clip it all back - but this hair kept falling into my eye - it was just a strand - just one single piece of hair - but it wasn't growing out of the top of my head.
IT WAS GROWING OUT OF THE MIDDLE OF MY FOREHEAD - WTH???????????
It's happening - I'm becoming a witch - just waiting for a wart to sprout out on my nose..............

Here we go -
which wicked witch made a coffee table switch



This table is huge - think dining room table with short legs ...............seating for 8 easily

Perfect spot for a cauldron actually ( but alas it's not mine )


After cleaning it with TPS - this lady took 3 coats of paint



after 3 coats and finito !


a little sanding here


and there


 LOVE the " pitting " that was already on the table top


It now looks like the paint has worn off after many many decades of cleaning - updated but keeping the look of an older piece ( which it is NOT by the way  - this is clearly a reproduction piece )


Annie Sloan chalk paint - old white - 3 coats
Annie Sloan clear wax


And not only is it hard to get rid of things that I do - it's now getting hard to give things back things that don't even belong to me !!!!!!!!
It's far too big for this place and yet ...................
I want it LOL

Have a good day my pretties -
I've got some serious plucking to do



Much love

p.s.

If I have to become a witch - I want to be her


not the one below ( sorry - most of you won't know this particular witch - but she's the premier of my province AND I don't like her OR her politics - which are so divisive that she has neighbors hating neighbors - family members arguing with family members - communities distancing themselves with communities.
People screaming at people on the streets to PARLE FRANCAIS - people screaming back - THIS IS CANADA - I'LL SPEAK ENGLISH IF I WANT - awful - really just an awful time in this province's history and very very heartbreaking to be a witness to it all.  Civic unrest is in the air.  People that once switched back and forth from either language now stubbornly refuse to speak the other.  It's like a modern day West Side Story - except without the choreography.
I know you have your problems in the States - but really - I'd take yours any day of the week over what's happening here right now.  We have an election in a couple of weeks - and though she's trying to make this a secular state ( no religious symbols allowed to be worn by government employees AND hoping employers will ban it in the private sectors too ) I can guarantee you there will be a LOT OF PRAYING going on for the next week or so - one big fat hell of a lot - that she's voted out of power.
She's the head of a Separatist party - hell bent on removing Quebec from Canada.
If people can't speak French it's their problem.
If people can't speak English it's their problem.
If people want to wear a cross - or a scarf - or a kippah it shouldn't be any of the governments
business.
Other then the garb that covers the complete body and face - for safety purposes - I could care less what people wear or believe.
It's a different world now - something a lot of people have a very difficult time with - but until we learn to embrace the new way - we are hell bent to live one miserable existance.
I don't see such a difference in a government that MAKES people wear religious symbols - and a government that MAKES them take it off.
You can't - you simply cannot - leglislate RESPECT - you have to earn it Madame -
Ask Putin .........................


I may or may not be arrested for calling her a witch in English instead of French - so this next sentence is for her

MADAME MAROIS - VOUS ETES UNE SORCIERE  (by law - all French words have to be larger than English words - think I'm joking?  )

I'm counting on all of you guys bailing me out - if and when I'm arrested for this  ( think I'm joking? )

In the meantime - I'm working on a musical - entitled, what else?
QUEBEC - THE MUSICAL..............
I wonder if these guys are still available?



And if I have any Separatists that follow me - and who may be offended by this - well you can simply
SEPARATE from my blog - no referendum required to do so.

Please keep in mind this is not about French People - or English People - this is about a government and the percentage of people who voted them in.  The French and English - for the most part - get along incredibly well - there are many many French people in my world whom I love dearly -
The Government?
Not so much
xoxo

Party Time !!!

French Country Cottage                             Redoux Interiors                        Shabby Art Boutique
Chase the Star                                          My Romantic Home                    Miss Mustard Seed
Funky Junk Interiors                                 It's Overflowing                         Three Mango Seeds
I should be mopping the floor                    Savvy Southern Style                  Adorned from Above
Between Naps on the Porch


49 comments:

  1. Fun table. Have you checked out my table story on my Wetcreek Blog? And you really ranted today! Good for you! There is one sentence in your rant that is priceless."I dont see such a difference in a government that makes people wear religious symbols- and a government that makes them take it off." Linda@Wetcreek Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, brilliant statement that we in the United States need to keep in mind as well. Hope tensions ease as the spring comes to melt the snow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh geez, sorry for what's going on there, hopefully the election will go the way you hope. Table looks beautiful as always.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Suzan, I cannot imagine what it is like to live in a province that is going through what Quebec is experiencing. As a Nova Scotian, it makes me sick to think that Quebec would even think of separating from Canada. I certainly am not a fan of MM or her oppressive beliefs. I certainly hope and pray that MM's party does not come out victorious in your election...

    ReplyDelete
  5. The table turned out just lovely! And...what a mess...the government, not the table! Sorry you are having to live in that! Hopefully she will get the boot...sooner rather than later! As they say in the south....Bless your heart! Prayers for your country.

    Blessings, Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love a big ass coffee table! I mean LOVE! I have to get a bigger living room so I can have one! Anyway, the table turned out beautifully. Good luck with the whole getting arrested thing. I don't have a passport so I won't be any help to you. Sorry dear.

    ReplyDelete
  7. First of all I think your table turned out lovely. As to the other aspect of your post, I understand. We live with a daily dose of political hate in this country as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful table, love the new color! and keep your chin up with the "putin wanna be"...what comes around, always goes around. she will sink herself!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG sounds like 1980 all over again, I remember being on a bus in Quebec City talking to a girlfriend and having people tell us we needed to speak French if we wanted to stay. Ugh, wonder if this will ever go away...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the table! I have a similar large coffee table I have been thinking of painting. :) What a gutsy post my dear but a very hard to avoid with all that is going on.:( The reality is we all live and work and eat together...English, French, Ethnic on a day to day basis and it is the wonderful diversity of our Province and Montreal but some and I stress SOME are hell bent on changing that. As the WWWeb is bringing people closer together our current provincial government is trying to tear that down. A very sad situation here in our wonderful province. The younger generation is more diversified, open, world travelers and let's hope they will be our future leaders to bring peace and harmony to our province. I am off to work with my big A$$ 2" cross around my neck. lol over and out my dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Way to go Suzan! Both on the table and on speaking your mind on your government!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the table makeover. And I sure appreciate your rant today. I don't know what's going to happen there but hope 'she' is ousted soon. It's getting ridiculous and a scary reminder of the 70's there.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks gorgeous Suzan... if I painted like that I would get paint all over the floor!!! :-) Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for the heads-up on the upcoming election. I'm going to find a news site to start getting daily updates.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well.... sorry about your stray hair.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my god - I love this girl. Suzan = BRILLIANT!!!!
    C'est bon.
    Tana

    ReplyDelete
  17. Bravo Suzan!!!! Way to speak your mind! I'm SO OVER all this political turmoil.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too Kim - me too
      Keep the faith ( secretly LOL )
      xxx

      Delete
  18. Thanks for the education Suzan. I live in Alberta, originally from Manitoba. I remember learning about this is school, and the sad thing is... as a kid you ask why? Why don't they want to be a part of Canada, what would be so great being by yourself. The other sad thing is, there is no talk of any of this on my side of the country. Crazy!! PS our Premiere stepped down on Sunday evening due to her party quitting on her. Turmoil is brewing everywhere. Hope you weather this. I'll come bail you out, but may end up inside too because I don't know a speck of French. LOL. ChicByTab

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First of all - you have Bewitch's daughter's name LMHO !!!!
      I can't believe you don't hear any of this in Alberta - we get news from all over the country ( in fact, the continent of North America here ! )
      And yes I know that turmoil is brewing everywhere - it's just that here people's rights - fundamental rights - are being trampled on - and that's just unacceptable - and horribly depressing!
      Much love - from here to there
      xxx

      Delete
  19. This is really too bad what is going on there. It must be so sad to see what you have been living with for so long being changed. Politicians hurt people too many times f or me. I don't have very much faith in them anymore. The y lose sight of why they started in politics in the first place "TO HELP PEOPLE"!!!

    The table looks great and on t he hair front, I am going to be there I can tell. The hairs t hat come out of my chin now, horrid.

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh Suzan, I enjoyed your well written post on many levels! Being a fellow Canadian, I will join you in calling Premier Morois a Witch...in English because I'm from the West...and in French...because in Canada that's what we do...Madam Morois, vous etes une sorciere.
    As for the coffee table - another beautiful makeover!

    Cackle Cackle
    Marie@The Interior Frugalista

    From far and wide, O Canada,
    We stand on guard for thee.
    God keep our land, glorious and free!

    ReplyDelete
  21. 'Je Me Souvien' a better Quebec. Beautiful piece as always mom xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well look who came to visit - thanks sweetheart - je me souvien aussi !
      Eat your veggies tonight XOXOXOXO

      Delete
    2. MOoooooom! Don't embarrass me in front of your friends!

      Delete
  22. no government should tell people what to think or feel, not in english or french or german or any language... expressing ones self as an individual is GOD given and is a right all should have xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree completely - get the hell out of our personal business - sheesh !
      xoxo

      Delete
  23. Gorgeous table Suzan. I feel for you! Such a sad situation for all of you in Quebec. I can't imagine in a democratic society, and in Canada of all places, this going on. I thought we were the leading nation in equal rights for all? Crazy stuff happening. We are getting dumped on again here in Alberta.... (snow) When will it ever end?

    ReplyDelete
  24. The table looks great. I'm afraid if the wicked witch of the North succeeds, it will set off a chain of events here too. I totally agree with you - the government needs to butt out and quit stirring up trouble. Oh my goodness! Adding my prayers to all of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  25. That is a wonderful looking table, Suzan. I love it!

    I am so sorry that you have such dissention in your government. I don't think anyone should be told what to believe or what to do. It is a sorry world when someone tells you that you can't believe what you want to believe. We have something on a lesser level here in South Florida where they are trying to make the official language Spanish. It will not happen but there are those that keep trying.

    As far as your problem goes, Suzan, I hope she is voted out of power. Is there a strong contender to replace her? xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Suzan!!!

    Love the table!!! Awesome job!!!

    I know how you feel concerning what's going on in Quebec. When we moved in '74 it was due to this problem. I remember seeing on the news about family moving out of Quebec who have been there(their ancestors) since the first settlers. In fact this man's great x how many take him back to his grandfather who rowed Jacques Cartier to shore when they arrived to what is now called Quebec City.

    Now, you'd think that this man's relatives have been here since, say the 1600s and now because of what is going on in Quebec, he was moving out of it. Now that's sad!!! I'm very proud to say I was born in Montreal and would gladly move back if only tings were different. I really feel for you Suzan and your family!!!!

    And BTW...I loved the TV show Bewitched!!!

    Have a great weekend!!!

    Pam
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  27. Suzan - OMG, wicked funny having the tweezers on the table in the last shot! The coffee table turned out beautifully. The day anyone dares ask me to remove the cross necklace that I wear every day... I don't want to even think such a possibility could happen here in the States, but there are so many darned strange stories I read that I never thought I'd read that I don't know what to make of things lately. P.S. Loved Samantha and Endora and Aunt Clara and the gang from the old Bewitched TV series :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. I like a woman who speaks her mind, since I do too. Love the table! The dissension in your country is similar to the dissension in this country, if you know what I mean. One question...do you ever sleep?

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love your coffee table makeover Suzan. Look at you all painting and rhyming at the same time. As for your politics...I hope that witch is out! Didn't we already make a jail break plan a long time ago???? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I do hope I'm among the French people you love? So, if I get elected someday I'll make it illegal to a) have short hair with such a round face - b) wear a coat of that awful "radiant orchid" colour... And no, I don't usually judge people on their apperanceunless they did it first! Moving my nose right now hoping to make the Wicked Witch Of The East disappear... or maybe we should try to make her defy gravity and push her from a building - no, even for her, can't wish someone's death! I'm sending you a nail file just in case!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I read All of your political ramblings and I have one question....are you sure you don't live in the States????? I'm nodding my head, yes, yes, and I don't even know the details!!! Frustration I guess from the activities of the Government here which stinks to high heaven as well. BTW, you only have One little hair gone haywire!!! Lucky you! When you get a bunch, then just comb them back and have a lower hairline..or bangs. lol I think I need a nap!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Suzan, the table is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Suzan, by the way, one of my favourite TV shows of all time is Bewitched, and Elizabeth Montgomery my favourite actress. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just adored her too Linda !!!
      Remember Mrs. Kravitz LMHO ???
      xoxo

      Delete
    2. Oh, yes, she was a hoot! And who didn't love Aunt Clara? :)

      Delete
  34. I'd love to have that table too! So pretty! Your rant was well written and said! And I can relate to the witches hair. Sadly. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  35. The coffee table is worth the visit, but even moreso - you are hysterical! Thank you for your fabulous sense of humor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Delia !!!
      Thank YOU for getting it LOL
      xox

      Delete
  36. The table came out great! Now, come paint mine...:) ~Kelly

    unDeniably Domestic

    ReplyDelete
  37. Thanks for showing the steps in how you refinished the table...looks great, by the way. And, I'm sorry you are going such a rough time up there in Canada. No religious symbols? Wow, that's harsh, and I realize that's just a tiny piece of what she stands for.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Wow, that is one huge coffee table! And you made it look wonderful, as usual.
    Debbie :)

    ReplyDelete

Due to a large amount of spam ( that I'm tired of going back to posts and deleting ) I'll be using comment moderation from now on !!!
Can I beat these spammers at their own game? Probably not - but I'm going
to try my damnedest !!!
xoxo