Wednesday, March 19, 2014

I WANNA live there Wednesday # 72

WELCOME TO I WANNA LIVE THERE WEDNESDAY -
PLEASE NOTE THIS IS A SERIES ON REAL ESTATE FOR SALE - MOSTLY IN MY HOME TOWN OF MONTREAL - WITH LOTS OF VISITS HERE AND THERE TO SEE WHAT ELSE IS OUT THERE - SOMETIMES IN N.Y. OR NEW ORLEANS - OR PARIS - OR............ANYWHERE ACTUALLY!
I CONCENTRATE ( FOR THE MOST PART ) ON HERITAGE HOMES - HISTORICAL BUILDINGS WITH DETAILED ARCHITECTURE.
SINCE THIS IS A SERIES ON THE HOUSE ITSELF - AND NOT THE WAY PEOPLE FURNISH THEM - KINDLY KEEP THAT IN MIND WHEN LEAVING COMMENTS -I WOULD NOT WANT A HOME OWNER TO COME ACROSS THEIR HOME ON MY BLOG AND READ UNKIND THINGS ABOUT IT ( I WAS ONCE CONTACTED WITH THANKS FOR SHOWCASING SOMEONE'S HOME - SO IT'S POSSIBLE )  IF YOU'RE INTO HOMES WITH A HISTORY THIS IS A SERIES YOU JUST MAY ENJOY - THANKS SO MUCH FOR VISITING THEM WITH ME
___________________________________________________________________________________

Good morning Everyone !

We're back in Montreal today - in fact in the neighborhood I left last November ( seems longer than that to me)

The first one up is the prettiest Victorian Cottage!

715,000 ( a steal in this neighborhood ) 
1459 sq. ft.
5 beds, 2 baths
Built in 1894
( 120 years of goodness ) 
Realtor:  BRIAN DUTCH

You ready?
Let's go !


I LOVE this entry










Take a look at the curve on the upstairs landing railing - LOVE !!!


Perfect for a Nursery


And what a great office this would make - with a balcony off it - don't you love that miniature radiator?
Love the floors and the transom window above the door :)




The basement - look at the size of that radiator - I've never seen one that large !


Paint the stone wall white?





You know, whenever I showcase these old houses - while looking at the photos, I always, for a moment or two, imagine the family that lived there 100 years ago !!!

I felt like I was the keeper of  history in our last home ( for some reason I don't feel it in this house - which is quite old too )

Isn't this one soooo charming?

I WANNA live there !



Have a great Wednesday all !

Hugs,

I'm at the following Parties!
Common Ground                                    The Charm of Home                   French Country Cottage
My Romantic Home                                Between Naps on the Porch         Adorned from Above
Savvy Southern Style

24 comments:

  1. We had radiators that big when I was growing up. :) I love all of the flooring here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh - I like this one!! Other than the kitchen and butler's pantry and that one bath with the blue and white tile, I love everything else. The floors! The moulding! The stairways!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, I love that entry! and love the flooring, but that kitchen needs some serious Suzan attention!!! And so fun to see that laundry area with the original house showing. It would be interesting to see the life of those who first lived there. Can I find that on YouTube??? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Suzanne of Simply Suzannes at Home

    What a great series! It's so fun walking into empty homes and letting your imagination run wild with design/decorating possibilities. So happy to have found you.
    Have a beautiful day,
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. The details in this place are incredible!

    I constantly try to imagine life in my house throughout its years. It's turning 113 this year, and I've occupied it for 17 of them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I lOVE houses.....I have an addiction to looking at houses......I have climbed into basement windows wanting to look at a home being built or renovated! (I don't think I would do that now?) My great-grandfather was an architect and builder of homes in the late 1800's to early 1900's. It's in my blood. I know I am really going to enjoy this new series....a wonderful idea! This is a beautiful home in the city but I would have to envision myself living there in my 20's! Blessings~~~Roxie

    ReplyDelete
  7. This one is a keeper for sure. Beautiful details. The only thing I did not like was the choice of colors in the basement - lighter and brighter would have worked better. A question from a small town girl: How in the world do you get FIVE bedrooms in 1400 sq. ft.?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this one. That staircase is gorgeous. So much sweet curb appeal too. Love it.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow, that is amazing!!! I love the blue bathroom floor, looks like water!! (of course I am half blind) maybe I saw it wrong, lol, that is one amazing house! I want to live there!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes it's amazing. I sure don't want to live where it snows like that though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Me encanta la casa solo que me queda un poco lejos.Me encanta tu bloc ha sido un placer visitarlo, te invito a mi blog, y si te gusta espero que te hagas seguidora.
    Elracodeldetall.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous townhome! LOVE the character.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Yvonne !!!
      Thanks for touring with me!

      Delete
  13. Such a charming home, and every inch perfectly thought out, I am loving all the floors. The attention to detail even spills over into the bathroom and laundry room. A delightful home.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your tour of this gorgeous home! I'd want to live there too! I do a Home Tour every Monday on my Blog, too!

    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a really beautiful home. I love the old wood and trims. Lots of character and charm here!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like the floor. The bathroom with the blue in it is very unique.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I enjoyed the tour. I live in an area with old homes. I also live in one. The radiators are all so familiar to me. The kitchen was the only thing that did not go with the rest of the home.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I can't go into that laundry area...we don't have basements here and I don't like the feeling of them and being all closed in. Doesn't the Boogie Man live down there?
    I do love the details everywhere and the upper flooring is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So much charm! I love the entrance, and the stairway. The first bathroom was really nice, too.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a cool house Susan! Someone is going to be very lucky to live there!
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such charming character....The stairway is a jewel. Being in California we usually don't have basements. I prefer mine in my home, it's own laundryroom.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love those floors! Yeah, I'd either paint the stone wall white or a light gray. Take care - Dawn @ We Call It Junkin.com

    ReplyDelete

Due to a large amount of spam ( that I'm tired of going back to posts and deleting ) I'll be using comment moderation from now on !!!
Can I beat these spammers at their own game? Probably not - but I'm going
to try my damnedest !!!
xoxo