Thursday, December 20, 2012

O ( MG ) Christmas Tree!

Good morning!!!
Murphy's back everyone ( as in Murphy's law ) in full force.
First of all we brought the tree home - it's such a pretty tree don't you think?

The house has been cleaned - sparkling clean and all I have left to do in the decorating department is the tree!
ok - lets string the lights on it, shall we?
Oh - they're not here - or there - or there - or anywhere
so we'll use the wrap around lights - you know the ones that come in one big piece and you simply wrap them around the tree?


There - how does that look?
Can I leave it alone?
Of course not - I find the lights look too " uniform " ( and really someone in a  "uniform" should come take me away - seriously - I need a nice long break in a straight jacket of some sort )
Down they all come -

Suzan says - John I think you have to go to the storage unit
John says - Why?
Suzan says - My string lights are there I think - I can't find them anywhere
John - WHAT ARE YOU DOING? - YOU JUST HAD LIGHTS ON THE TREE
Suzan says - I hate them - they make the tree look like it came off of an assembly line
John says - When do you need them for?
Suzan says - Well let me see I have 5 days to bake - shop - wrap - and decorate the tree -
ummm - now would be good if you don't mind - and then you don't have to do anything else -
you can lay down and watch t.v. all night if you want
John says - It's almost 10.00 at night - by the time I get back it'll be 10.30 - you're being very
generous with my spare time - thank you.

And he came back with 4 more boxes of Christmas supplies - who has 10 large boxes stuffed to the brim
with Christmas paraphernelia?  It's insane ( you see, I really do need that straight jacket )
With everything except my string of Christmas lights in them.................
OMG - he never had to go - they were at home the whole time - and I swear to you I will never tell the
poor man that - never.

Ok the lights are now strung - all beautifully hidden inside the tree - and it's been sprayed with fake snow
Looking good?


Time to decorate!

hmmm - maybe now would be the time to tell you that this is the second round of decorating -
COMPLETELY.  The first round was all Fuschia Pink - AND I'm still not " feeling " this one either - but I'm tired and it'll have to stay



Just about finished - lets turn on the lights and see my master piece


that's right - a whole string of lights burned out - LOVELY -
I'll just fix that up and hop into bed - I'm absolutely exhausted -
and my sparkling clean house looks like this once again



if you notice that's not the same mess that was on my dining room table 2 days ago - THAT mess was entirely cleaned up - this is tonight's mess
but I'm really exhausted at this point - so I'll just get up extra early and clean it all up - at least the tree's done

And off I go to bed - lean over to turn out the lights - and CRASH BANG SMASH CRACK -

John says - what the hell was that?
Suzan says - It's Murphy - I just know it's Murphy
John says - what the hell are you talking about?

But I have a sick feeling in my stomach - a real nauseating sick feeling...........................that Murphy just snuck into the living room



Could you weep for me?  Bet you already are

John says - Grab one side
John says - where are you going?
Suzan says - to get my camera
John says - OH FOR GOD SAKES - WHAT THE HELL DO YOU NEED A PICTURE OF THIS FOR?
Suzan says -
because
no
one
absolutely
no
one
would
believe
this
otherwise....................

One more time - so I started off with all pink decorations - then went to all blue - what the hell, for finish
I'll use both this third and final time.

5 days left?

It's the most wonderful time of the year 
With the kids jingle belling
And everyone telling you "Be of good cheer" 
It's the most wonderful time of the year 
It's the hap-happiest season of all
With those holiday greetings and gay happy meetings 
When friends come to call 
It's the hap- happiest season of all 



straightjacket - a garment similar to a jacket that is used to bind the arms tightly against the body as a means of restraining a violent person



Do you think they come in PINK?



Sharing with:
Beyond The Picket Fence
http://bec4-beyondthepicketfence.blogspot.ca/2012/12/under-100-linky-party_19.html
Common Ground
http://www.commonground-do.com/2012/12/vintage-inspiration-119-counting-days.html
The Vintage Farmhouse
http://www.thevintagefarmhouse.com/2012/12/creative-things-thursday-features_20.html
A Little Knick Knack
http://www.alittleknickknack.com/2012/12/ebtks-link-party-features_20.html
French Country Cottage
http://frenchcountrycottage.blogspot.ca/2012/12/feathered-nest-friday_20.html
Shabby Art Boutique
http://shabbyartboutique.blogspot.ca/2012/12/shabbilicious-friday-link-party.html
One Artsy Mama
http://www.oneartsymama.com/2012/12/shine-on-fridays-59-link-party-with.html
Bloom
http://bloomdesignsonline.blogspot.ca/2012/12/link-party_19.html
Becoming Martha
http://www.becomingmartha.com/2012/12/keep-calm-link-up-party-20.html
NIfty Thrifty Things
http://www.niftythriftythings.com/2012/12/nifty-thrifty-sunday-90.html

21 comments:

  1. Sorry but this post cracked me up. Are you sure that we are not related?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look now! It's hard to drink my coffee while laughing... you're right, you definitely had to take a picture, what a night you (and poor John) had!
    You should sell tickets whenever you begin projects. At least you'll get a little compensation for your suffering -LOL! I Love reading about your wild adventures! Your tree is beautiful! What memories you have every time you look at it! Have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too, too, too funny - I'm sorry to laugh but, it is a funny story. Maybe the next 5 days will go uneventfully for you.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it turned out lovely and I thoroughly enjoyed your story. You'll remember and talk about this for many years to come. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You could totally dye one pink.

    I don't need to get crazy about Christmas decorating - I have kids to do it for me. That's why I had them, you know.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are always fun to visit:) It would be boring if you had a straight jacket, LOL.
    Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  7. And to think we go through this *deliberately* each year!!! Oh, too funny - and sad - and if they don't make a straightjacket in pink, I'm sure we can find some spray paint somewhere. :-(

    Just yesterday my husband and I were having a 'conversation' and suddenly I felt like I was living your life. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. What kind of vitamins do you take? I need to get me some of them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG you are a riot. Love the tree for the 3rd time. My tree started to topple over this year too, I heard it going and caught it in time. Mind you mine is 20ft tall. I hollered for the kids (through there terrible loud video game) and they helped get it up again. I did loose a few of my favorite glass ornaments in the crash though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, I needed a good laugh this morning being as we are in the midst of a BLIZZARD. And, NOW I have blackmail info on you- that he DIDN'T have to make the trek to the storage unit...but I will hold that info until I really need it! I think your tree looks just spanky-danky in blue and pink...is it a boy or a girl>? xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ha! Too funny Suzy. It looks fabulous, really does. I remember our tree falling over in the middle of the night when the kids were younger and several of their favourite ornaments broke. Tinker bell lost her wings and a few other became less magnificent in one way or another but the funny thing is that we still put them on the tree every year....they hold memories.
    Great tree Suzy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. ROTFLLLLLL!!!! Especially the straight jacket part, lol! In pink, of course. OMG, yeah, Murphy definitely came by. Thank you for the belly laugh!

    But your tree looks maaaahvelous, dahling!

    ReplyDelete
  13. No matter what kind of day I'm having, reading your blog always makes me chuckle or laugh out loud! Or both! You're husband is a saint - and very lucky! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - thanks so much - he really is a Saint - ( have you ever tried living with one ??? )
      Much love,

      Delete
  14. As I posted earlier today, I knew John would cut your plank tree but he did even more than you asked for (boy does he know you) and then for you to turn around and request 6 more - me thinks you are pushing your luck.... So glad you have John and as close as I looked at your real tree I didn't see any of his body parts hanging from a branch nor on the plank trees(lol).

    Please, please post a tut on the plank trees - I'm really very visual and like dimensions plus I don't have a John and that didn't sound very lady like so I'll borrow from you if I may, O (MG) that didn't come out the way I meant it to. Won't make these this year but they will definitely be in my booth next year, if that's OK.

    Merry Christmas and don't worry "us gals" will visit you and bring our own can of PINK spray paint - you'll be the best DIY in the prettiest little pink straight jacket ever!

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sooo easy Carolyn - I'm making a couple tonight - so will do a tutorial tomorrow on them - promise!
      John's for hire ( I'm his agent ) want to book him LOL ?
      XXX

      Delete
  15. We can share a room at the asylum - you in your pink and me in my blue - we'll match your tree (which is gorgeous). I'm taking a break from the third round of wrapping for the third round of guests to come (my stepsons and girlfriend for 4 nights). Ho ho ho! And on top of all the company, prep, wrapping, baking, shopping, cleaning, decorating.......I go and apply for a job and had an interview this afternoon. And you think you're crazy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Me and my tree believe it fell over. They must be siblings.

    Bliss

    ReplyDelete
  17. I had a tree fall over one year. It landed on my little girls on Christmas morning. Every year after that, I put a big nail in the wall and wired the tree to it. It made the girls feel oh so much safer!

    ReplyDelete
  18. When considering which tree to buy don't be over ambitious - buying a taller tree than you need is not only wasteful but will also be more expensive. Once you have brought your tree indoors make sure you saw off at least an inch from the base to help it draw up water. Keep the reservoir topped up especially if room is very warm. It is best not to position your tree too near to radiators or a fire. Check This Out for more details.

    ReplyDelete

Due to a large amount of spam ( that I'm tired of going back to posts and deleting ) I'll be using comment moderation from now on !!!
Can I beat these spammers at their own game? Probably not - but I'm going
to try my damnedest !!!
xoxo