Saturday, March 9, 2013

Daylight savings.. and a makeover

Good morning everyone!
And the Lord said let there be light - so we set our clocks forward...........................
The thing I hate the most about winter - without a doubt - is that you wake up to darkness - and it's dark by supper time ( sometimes way earlier because we tend to eat late - we're very European like that, don't you know )
Add that to the fact that I live in a dark house and wow - I end up feeling a bit vampire - like.
Anyway, clocks get forwarded this weekend - and we go from dark to light -

Much like this coffee table




I painted the base in ASCP Pure white - and there was a bit of a technique for the top -
I first painted it with a coat of Paris Grey - and did a " wash " of the white and grey - and then
for finish I dry brushed some white all over - the effect is almost " ocean " like - which the camera doesn't seem to capture all that well - this seems to be the best shot I can get of the layers..........it really does pop against the white legs................


and when you add light - flowers start blossoming


and birds magically appear


and pretty soon winter becomes a small distant memory


and Spring becomes bigger than life


and you start feeling like there really is " nothing but blue skies "



from now on..............................

Hope you have a little " spring " in your walk this weekend!
Much love and light to you all,

Sharing with
Life on Lakeshore Drive                               Classy Clutter                       Uncommon Designs
Homemaker on a dime                                 Keeping it Simple                  Under the table and dreaming
Coastal Charm                                             PJH Designs                         Knick of Time
TwelveOEight                                              Kathe with an E                    Kammy's Korner
Salt Tree                                                      Home stories A to Z             A Diamond in the Stuff
Shades of Amber                                         The Ironstone Nest               Savvy Southern Style
Domestically Speaking                                 Adorned from Above            Rooted in Thyme
The Charm of Home                                    French Country Cottage        Redoux interiors
Shabby Art Boutique                                   Happy Go Lucky                  My Romantic Home
Nifty Thrifty Things                                      Life on Lakeshore Drive        I Should be Mopping the Floor
Alderberry Hill                                            Lines Across                          Craft O Maniac
Not Just a Housewife                                  Homework                            Ginger Snap Crafts
No Minimalist Here                                     Craftionary                            The Shabby Nest

31 comments:

  1. Suzan, your table will put some light in your home. It is a beautiful transformation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The table is gorgeous! No spring here. It's snowing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great job looks much better in the spring lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. You make me want to run around and paint all of my furniture, but I KNOW it would be a disaster. I already know...

    The detail on those legs is nice!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty and love your birds!
    Me too...so ready for Spring!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was sure you were going to paint some graphic on top... is that coming?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whoa! That looks great- I can see the movement in the top but bet it is even more pronounced in real life. I am ready for DST, too. I don't like the dark and cold winters either. WI is especially gloomy in the winter.
    Darn you- Now I will be humming Blue Skies all morning as I find my "outfit for the day"!;>) xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  8. The table looks so fresh and clean, Suzan! Very uplifting post, with the white and the talk of spring. We're almost there, yay!!

    Hugs,

    Nicole

    (P.s. Did you see Piorra Maison featured you on their FB page?)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The sun is shining, the temperature is rising and my attitude is adjusting accordingly. Why does everything look so much better in sunlight? Well, except for house dust. The coffee table has gone from dowdy to elegant with the swipe of your talented brush!

    ReplyDelete
  10. THat is really pretty Suzan! If that little table can make everything happen....then I want it in my living room! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Not sure why but your table spoke to me. It said I am the perfect blank slate for some graphics.

    Bliss

    ReplyDelete
  12. A balmy 51 degrees here today! Won't last but in a few weeks it WILL! Love the new look of the coffee table and I'm so excited it's Daylight Savings time again :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Do you mean to say that when I set my clocks back tonight all my furniture projects will magically change from the dark and dingy to the light and airy? I will gladly lose an hour of sleep for that! Yay! I love daylight savings time. We always eat supper (Southern for dinner which we eat in the middle of the day)in the daylight because we are senior like that!

    The color of the table reminds me of a restless stormy sea. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It felt like spring here today for sure, love the nice weather. I love the transformation of the table, what a difference. I love the technique on the top, looks gorgeous. I enjoyed the sunshine today and am ready for lots more of it for sure. hugs Tobey

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a lovely written post! Happy spring!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like the ocean like top and the whole table has a really nice shape. I have no idea when we'll set our clocks forward in France, but it's not happening this weekend! It's usually a lot later in Spring.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The table looks great. I am on March Break this week and hope to get time to drive to a new place that sells AS about an hour from here.

    ReplyDelete
  18. i love this finish the table looks great-love dee x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Suzan this is so beautiful now. I am so in love with that look. I would like to paint everything in my house like that.
    Thank you so much for visiting me and for your sweet comment about my sewing room. It's easy to have a room like mine for sewing when the children have flown the nest.:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks SO much Jeanette!!!
      My kids have flown the nest - and we downsized - a room like that is not going to happen LOL
      Big hugs,
      Suzan

      Delete
  20. Hey Suzan!
    Love this table, and can't wait for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Suzan,
    I guess this is my first time to visit you.

    OMG, I love the transformation of your coffee table. That's reallya huge one! With all the simple gadgets on the top of it, makes it FABULOUS.

    Have a great mid-week.
    /CC girl from D´Box

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my goodness--I love what daylight savings time can do for a table! The white looks amazing--like a breath of fresh air. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a difference! The table was nice, with the carved legs, but painted white it is stunning! Absolutely love the look, and I like the way to painted the legs white while white-washing the top. Inspiring!
    Resa ~ Pitcher and Plate

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Suzan, I can totally see the ocean effect like whitecaps sort of. So pretty. Thanks for linking up at Transformed Tuesday this week.

    Hugs,
    Peggy~PJH Designs

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wishing you a lovely spring Suzan. Thank you for linking up at Shabbilicious Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love that light table!! It is beautiful. I am still trying to adjust to Daylight Savings. My tail doesn't want to get up that early in the morning. LOL Thank you so much for sharing at A Bouquet of Talent. :)
    xo
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete

Due to a large amount of spam ( that I'm tired of going back to posts and deleting ) I'll be using comment moderation from now on !!!
Can I beat these spammers at their own game? Probably not - but I'm going
to try my damnedest !!!
xoxo