Wednesday, March 13, 2013

I WANNA live there # 30


 I live in a pretty incredible area - in Montreal, It's an historical neighbourhood loaded with tons and tons of charm - and 20th century architecture, just steps away from the city center, it's also a pretty expensive neighbourhood ( in which I live in servants quarters basically compared to what I'm surrounded by ) 
Because there are days I don't have furniture makeovers to show you - I've chosen Wednesdays to showcase and feature one or two homes that are for sale around here.................( or apartment - or duplex - or teepee )
Keep in mind this is in the heart of the city - so the prices reflect that  - think Manhattan - where these places would cost 3 or 4 times what they're listed for here!
On occasion I'll showcase beautiful homes in other areas - countries - continents - the one thing most of them will have have in common will be their age - because I love old homes with stories to tell, join me won't you?
________________________________________________________________________

Happy Hump Day all !!!  The week is half over - is it because I'm in my 50's that time is flying by quicker than I'm able to keep up with it?


The first house up today is listed for 3,950,000.
5 bedrooms - 4 baths - 
Realtor information found Here
It's a new build - but they have built it with a lot of the features found in the Heritage homes it's surrounded by - I'm making an exception for this on - because I absolutely love the integrity they put into this.















I'm in live with this space - absolutely in love - the openess - the windows - the french doors - even the vintage inspired lighting................



an it appears that every bedroom has a set of french doors as well









Here's where some of the doors lead to 







I could most definitely live there!!!

The next one is listed at 995,000. just under a million - and I've been doing this long enough to know that for it's location, this is an absolute STEAL.
Full of turn of the century charm - ( I think I may have posted this in the beginning of the series - but it's definitely worth a second look at any rate )  and I really cannot believe it hasn't been snapped up.
I would move there in a heartbeat if I could afford it.



I'm such a sucker for high gloss floors - and white paint - it works - every. single. time.
Oh and beautiful tall bay windows with transoms and original radiators work their charm on me too.................







Yes please,









isn't this like having all the charm of a century old farmhouse - with the luxury of living in the heart of the city?  Absolute perfection to me....................













one more shot of my favorite photo?



I REALLY wanna live there
what was it Jim Croce said about wishes?
oh yeah, here they are, he might have meant a woman, but I feel that way about this house ....................

If I could save time in a bottle
The first thing that I'd like to do
Is to save every day
Till Eternity passes away
Just to spend them with you

If I could make days last forever
If words could make wishes come true
I'd save every day like a treasure and then,
Again, I would spend them with you

But there never seems to be enough time cash
To do buy the things  house you want to  
Once you find them  it
I've looked around enough to know
That you're its the one I want to go
Through time with....................

I'm off to Piorra Maison this morning................I'll be there for a couple of hours to visit with Caroline - we have some business to see to - but I'll make sure to take lots of photos to share - 
Have a wonderful Wednesday everyone - buy a lotto - and dream.

Sharing with!
The Shabby Nest                                   Under the Table and Dreaming                 Coastal Charm
Not just a Housewife                             No Minimalist Here                                  French Country Cottage
Savvy Southern Style                             The Charm of Home                                My Romantic Home
The Shabby Nest                                   I should be mopping the floor

25 comments:

  1. I love all the old world charm in the new build. Absolutely gorgeous! The second place is lovely though I am not as enamoured with the glossy floors. I would spend every waking moment with a Swiffer in my hand because the dust bunnies and every speck of dirt would stick out like a sore thumb! I would be much happier with satin finish. Thank goodness they didn't cover them with carpet!! That would have been a real tragedy. I do like all the windows and even though the kitchen is a galley style it looks like a great space.

    You and John really should run over there and snatch it right up!! I would come for tea and we could drink it in that lovely front parlor...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I already boxed up my stuff and am on my way over... ;-) The second one is really, really pretty, and as far as I can tell the price is good. But those wood floors are so shiny that moving into the place would definitely ruin the look ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it when a new build is so well thought out and as tasteful as that....rare these days. The second one is the one I really love. I love those old walk-ups. The shiny floors would drive me a bit crazy being a dog lover and all. I adore the kitchen but then again I have always loved a galley kitchen. The whole place is really stunning and you are right about the price...a steal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like #2. I could live there. Only I would get rid of the ceramic cooktop and install a gas one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh- I love both houses. I could live in either one. I am wondering if the first house is hot water heating, too? Here they are using all floor registers that match the flooring and virtually disappear. I love all the French doors, too, and the places outside each door.
    That song? We tried to have that played at our wedding (in the church-a few years after our outdoor wedding) and they deemed the song "unacceptable"....hmmmmffff Love my Jim Croce. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh.....that old brownstone! (yup...born in Bahstin) Every single inch of it just cries for me to move in. Do I need permission to move to Canada?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Suzan,
    I love both houses and would love to move into either one of them. I do love all the charm of the first one and those chandeliers so vintage and amazing.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the first one - everything about it - but the price is a bit steep for me. I'll have to wait until I get my next allowance. ;-)

    If you hadn't shown me the first one first, I might have liked the second one better. But now I'm set on the first one (notice that instant loyalty!), although I do love the kitchen and the window at the end of it - of the second one. I suppose I could settle.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wowwwwww. Do you ever find yourself just letting out a deep sigh while you're looking at these? I did, on both of these.

    I'm envious that you get to go to Piorra Maison! I will always remember the post you did about her store. Glorious.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Suzan!!!!

    LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the 2nd one!!!!!

    For UNDER a million????? What the heck!!!!!! Is it the outside, because that sure doesn't deter me from looking at it. What to do, what to do????
    I guess nothing because I can't afford it!! Maybe one day.

    You bought our tickets...RIGHT?????

    Have fun at Piorra Maison!!!!

    Pam
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  11. Incredible, that first house is a new build? The details they added to give it old world charm...I love it.
    Debbie :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. My husband and I are fighting over who gets the office in the first one. OF course he's already claimed it as his own... and he'd probably win, but I sure love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness I'll take them both! those are two gorgeous homes. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the integrity of the first one too - just couldn't walk up to the newness every day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd be more than happy in the little second one - I'm absolutely in love with it!!!
      XOX

      Delete
  15. The first house is gigantic, it would be ridiculous to live there with two cats. The second is more to my liking... Excpet I'll repaint the fabulous raidators on white. Also, I'm worried it's not sold, maybe there's a problem? Like the neighbour is Britney Spears or Lady Gaga?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Replies
    1. Ok that's perfect Charulie - because I definitely want the second one - trying to scramble together 700,000 dollars - lol
      Thanks so much for coming by!
      Hugs,
      Suzan

      Delete
  17. I would take either one. I love this series, you get to see other ideas and thoughts into home.

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous places! I immediately start to put in furniture in my mind...

    ReplyDelete
  19. My husband and I are looking for our first house right now (in Atlanta)--but after seeing these pictures I'm not sure I'll be happy with anything! Unfortunately, my budget is considerably less than what these are going for...by over $3mm...
    Love the homes, though--thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Visiting you via the The Open House Party. What a lovely place. I hope you will stop by My Dream Canvas as well. I am hosting a Giveway so please join in if you like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Well, once again I have house envy. You can help cure that if you absolutely promise to show pics of the shop. I love that place. That's where I wanna live! Piorra Maison.

    ReplyDelete
  22. That is soooo gorgeous! I'd love to live there myself! WOW

    ReplyDelete

Due to a large amount of spam ( that I'm tired of going back to posts and deleting ) I'll be using comment moderation from now on !!!
Can I beat these spammers at their own game? Probably not - but I'm going
to try my damnedest !!!
xoxo