Monday, March 23, 2015

A BIRDHOUSE SPRING MANTEL


Good morning everyone !

It started with this


and led to this ( it takes a village )


Well I did it - I worked on a Spring mantel !

Is it nice & Springlike in your corner of the world?

We still have snow - it's rapidly melting but I'd rather look outside and see none at this point -

Spring means everything will start blossoming - including these never ending reno's ( which have kind of been on a stand still the last couple of months ).

I decided to jump on the blogging bandwagon and do a Spring Mantel ( to give me hope give me hope give me peace on earth  )

The birdhouses come from the dollar store - cheep decor ( is that witty or what ? )

Now please keep in mind that we are renovating - what you see through the mirrors is an unfinished home - I probably should NOT have used a mirror as a back drop - s.t.u.p.i.d.

I'm so pretty  and WITTY and wise   I'm still witty...............you can't take that away from me..... yet


Some branches in one vase -


blossoms in another -


a few sprigs of flowers peaking out of the birdhouses


Here you can see a ladder leaning against the wall ( in the heart ) awesome !!!


Think I'll just hide it with a butterfly instead


The houses were all dry brushed with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint ™ - pure white
( but wouldn't different pastel colors be pretty too?  hmmm there's still the mantel in the bedroom )
and the letters were stencilled on with a sharpie


I'll change the letters up to S U M M E R later on and hang these outside - maybe on my ladder?



or on my ladder arbor?


And then Autumn - with berries

And Winter with icicles

And I'll never have to change the mantel again LOL !!!

Suzan says - John let me know next time you run in the dollar store ?
John says - Well that's unlikely................

Have a wonderful day everyone !
Hugs,
Me



LOOKING FOR INSPIRATION?
JOIN ME AT THESE FABULOUS PARTIES !

BETWEEN NAPS ON THE PORCH                                SAND & SISAL              
STONE GABLE                                                                 A STROLL THRU LIFE
KATHE WITH AN E                                                         THE DIY DREAMER
SAVVY SOUTHERN STYLE                                           SEW CRAFTY ANGEL
MY SALVAGED TREASURE                                          DIY BY DESIGN
HAVE A DAILY CUP OF MRS. OLSON                        THE UPTOWN ACORN
FROM MY FRONT PORCH TO YOURS                       I GOTTA CREATE
THE CHARM OF HOME                                                 FRENCH COUNTRY COTTAGE
SHABBY ART BOUTIQUE                                             MY TURN FOR US
MY TURN FOR US                                                          MY ROMANTIC HOME
SIMPLE NATURE DECOR                                              THE SHABBY NEST
CLASSY CLUTTER                                                          THE GIRL CREATIVE
FUNKY JUNK INTERIOR                                               PIECED PASTIMES
ONE MORE TIME EVENTS                                            IT'S OVERFLOWING
THE DIY SHOWOFF                                                       I SHOULD BE MOPPING THE FLOOR
FLUSTER BUSTER                                                           LIFE ON LAKESHORE DRIVE

59 comments:

  1. I love it!! What did we do before the Dollar Store!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't remember LOL - John gets his gum from there - always LOL
      Thanks Laurie !
      xoxo

      Delete
  2. Love this idea Suzan. The bird houses are sweet and simple. Will spring weather ever come? It feels like January here today with the wind howling. It is promising for milder weather in a couple of days though so one can have hope. Have a great day! Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mantle is so pretty Suzan! Love that you spelled Spring on the birdhouses. So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, this is absolutely so pretty!!! You make me want to buy bird houses now! Love it Suzan!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your birdhouse mantel...it definitely says spring, which I'm ready for! Your outdoor dining is so lovely as well.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  6. they came out great ~ good job!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect mantle, love the mirror

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  8. John must be delighted that you added branches to the mantel. I have apple tree branches right now on the shelf between the kitchen and dining-nook and I thought of him as I cut them. He would think I'm crazy! I love your mantel and I love that you have a problem with what's reflecting in the mirror as it happens to me all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your birdhouses--now I must go and decorate my mantel, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Ruth Anne !
      Have fun - ( bet you'll have a better view from your mirror LOL )
      xox

      Delete
  10. I love how those turned out, Suzan. AND cheap/cheep decor. Those are fun and the dry brushing makes all the difference. Love the branches!!!! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness these are so sweet! Such a fun and frugal way to decorate for spring :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Meaghan !
      I'm all about frugal since buying this fixer upper lol
      xox

      Delete
  12. What a cute idea! I would have never guessed that the dollar store would have such cute birdhouses to transform...Happy Spring!

    ~Trisha

    ReplyDelete
  13. HaHa!! That John! Our dollar store didn't have any birdhouses like yours. Bummer! Yours turned out so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. We would go crazy if we couldn't decorate around the mess wouldn't we? I have been frantically trying to keep everything straightened up and dusted around this kitchen remodel which has affected the entire house! Your matel is delightfully springy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Really love the birdhouses. Glad John thought to bring you some. LOL...Sure hope our Dollar Tree has some, but doubt it. Your mantel looks really nice.
    Thanks for the inspiration.
    Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  16. Suzan these are so adorable.... I love them you did such a great job on these....so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The ladder! I forgot about the ladder (which I love). :) All of your decorating looks great. I haven't seen anything ever that I didn't like here. True story.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love how the birdhouses turned out...they look great on your mantel!!
    ~Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the mantle - it really looks good Suzan. I like that you stenciled the letters on them.
    John, he is so funny. Good thing you have a good sense of humor.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the use of the Birdhouses, such a unique idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Gilly - it was a fun project !
      xoxo

      Delete
  21. Love your Spring mantel Suzan. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love it....I would do these in a heartbeat but the $ store didn't have them..bummer. I will keep looking as I too would like year round decorations...I like easy peasy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Karen !
      Try Michael's - I'm sure they'd have them ( not as cheap though )
      xoxo

      Delete
  23. Cute way you done up your birdhouse.
    Being they are of a more decorative type houses, I don't know how they would hold up to weather conditions being outside.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love this mantle decoration with birdhouses it is fantastic,you are so clever,thanks for sharing i may have to use parts of your idea Suzan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Marlene !!!
      Use them ! ( it's the highest form of flattery and all LOL )
      xoxo

      Delete
  25. So darn cute and clever! Thanks Suzan for sharing at Vintage Inpiration Party.

    ReplyDelete
  26. These really turned out great. And I am going to steal this idea from you. LOVE IT!!
    I will be taking a few days off from blog land to spend time with family. Enjoy the rest of your week.
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your birdhouses are so pretty! Love the mirror too! Dollar General does have some cute decor for cheap. I picked up a couple birdhouses at thrift store, maybe I will make a spring mantle. Thanks for sharing! Found you via Vintage Inspiration Party.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Suzan, I love your Spring mantel! Your bird houses are so clever - love that you spelled 'Spring!' If only a Spring mantel would bring Spring! We have some schools closed today here in Michigan because of freezing rain.
    love and blessings~
    Lynda @ Gates of Crystal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Lynda !
      I know what you mean about Spring - it was a short winter here in Montreal but a brutal one and it's only in the low 40's ..................freezing rain is awful - I get so paranoid about power outages ( we had a severe one here many years ago that left most of us without power for well over 2 weeks - it was a state of emergency )
      Stay inside !
      xoxo

      Delete
  29. Your birdhouse mantle is lovely, Suzan! One of my favorite types of Spring decor!
    <3 Christina

    ReplyDelete
  30. So cute Suzan. Love bird houses. My hubby put up blue bird houses this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Deborah !
      Blue bird houses sound lovely !
      xox

      Delete
  31. My husband thinks birdhouses are for BIRDS! How crazy is that?

    ReplyDelete
  32. Very cute. I collect birdhouses so this would be easy to do. Thanks for the idea your mantel is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Too cute! I LOVE the backyard vignette too!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love your "cheep" mantel décor! I've never seen wonderful birdhouses like that at our Dollar Store. It's true, you could decorate them for all the seasons as they look terrific how you've displayed them on your mantel. Don't want to rush spring but your outside summer space makes me long for those "lazy, hazy days"...beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Suzan, This is too darn cute for words!
    JP

    ReplyDelete
  36. This is such a cute idea Suzan. Love how you stenciled the letters Spring and the dry brushing is daring! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hug,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  37. Sooooo Cute....hit the love button!!!! Thank you for sharing at Share it One More Time...hugs, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  38. That's such a clever use of dollar store birdhouses. It turned out as a beautiful spring mantel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Erlene !
      I've already taken it down LMHO !
      xoxo

      Delete
  39. Totally adorable and a fresh touch for Spring Suzan. I love them!!
    Thank you for linking up this week at Shabbilicious Friday.
    Hugs ~ Kerryanne

    ReplyDelete
  40. LOVE it!!!! How sweet is this! Love that you spelled out Spring and then added the flowers etc. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Hi Suzan, just hopping back to let you know that I will be featuring you at SYC this week. Love this sweet tweet!
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  42. What a cute idea Suzan! Isn't it amazing what you can get at the dollar store!!!
    ~Jenise @DIYFunIdeas

    ReplyDelete

Due to a large amount of spam ( that I'm tired of going back to posts and deleting ) I'll be using comment moderation from now on !!!
Can I beat these spammers at their own game? Probably not - but I'm going
to try my damnedest !!!
xoxo