Monday, March 30, 2015

A round up of my French Provincial transformations

Good morning everyone !

I've purchased another French Provincial dresser and so I went through my archives for a little inspiration.

I've done quite a few of them - which may make this post may be a little boring so I'll post the after pics and provide a link for those that may be interested in the transformation, how's that?

This piece now resides in an elegant bathroom as a vanity.
Full post HERE


This piece went to an apartment as a media center - I picture a very glamorous type apartment !
Full post here HERE


The next pieces were part of the above dresser as a set - but were separated 
Full post HERE


with matching end tables - complete with transfers
they now reside in someone's guest room


This next piece is in my Daughter's guest room 
Full post HERE


A few of them have gone red like this one
Full post HERE



And this one



So it should come as no surprise that the next one coming ( and staying this time ) is this one !
Except the makeover on this one will not involve paint 


Another French Provincial !  Being picked up Tuesday evening!
I sent an email - and this was my reply

Hi Suzan.You'll have to call later this afternoon & ask for Alice.
Thank you.

I know I drive a lot of you crazy by sticking songs in your head but sometimes they just fall in my lap.
Literally.

I had to GO ASK ALICE
( apparently she's not 10 feet tall )

Have a wonderful Monday one & all !
Hugs,
Me

COME JOIN ME AT THESE GREAT PARTIES !

BETWEEN NAPS ON THE PORCH                               COASTAL CHARM
A STROLL THRU LIFE                                                    KATHE WITH AN E
THE DIY DREAMER                                                        FLUSTER BUSTER
MY SALVAGED TREASURES                                        HAVE A DAILY CUP OF MRS. OLSON
COMMON GROUND                                                      MY FRENCH COUNTRY COTTAGE
MY TURN FOR US                                                          MY ROMANTIC HOME
ONE MORE TIME EVENTS                                            LIFE ON LAKESHORE DRIVE
I SHOULD BE MOPPING THE FLOOR                         A STROLL THRU LIFE
CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT                         MISS MUSTARD SEED
THE SHABBY NEST                                                        ANDERSON & GRANT

23 comments:

  1. Sometimes I really hate you! The pill Alice's mother gave her didn't do anything at all---must have been an aspirin.....anyway- now that blasted song will be FLYING (Jefferson Airplane) through my head all day long.

    LOVE all those dressers.
    What do you mean this makeover won't involve paint? WHAT? Seriously? xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really have done some beautiful work on those dressers. Wish you were close I would have you refinish my bedroom set of 56 years ago. It is a very good set and paid a lot of money for it. But, I really liked it and have only change the bed to a chrome metal white and gold.
    Anxious to see what you do to your latest dresser.

    Happy painting and have a Wonderful Easter.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love French Provincial furniture. They have such great style.
    You're so lucky to find such wonderful pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOO, I love 'em all...especially the grays....
    I have a black one and think I might do something different with it soon...
    Songs seem to fall into my lap, too...I had to give a clue at Christmas to my secret pal at bunco..my clue.."Stacy's mom's got it goin' on.."...yep, I have a Stacy girl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely lines! Now you've piqued my curriosity ... what, no paint?! Xo Patty

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are all so elegant,what do you mean no paint involved,are you going to twitch your nose like Samantha the witch and it will just happen?These cliff hangers are so suspenseful.(that may not be a word).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't usually do cliff hangers - but this one has to be because I'm not sure I'm going to do what I thought of doing after all LOL !!!
      Thanks Marlene !
      xoxo

      Delete
  7. Finally ..... someone else who appreciates the charm of French Provincial. You are a girl after my own heart .... ☺. Lovely transformations! -Brenda-

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are all pretty. I really love that red one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll be waiting with baited breath to see what you are going to do that won't involve paint!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Are you - gasp - just going to give it a good French rub and leave it in its stained wood color? I sure hope you don't decoupage the thing into the Twilight Zone!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just love this gorgeous curvy furniture! You always make them so beautiful. Looking forward to seeing this one all dressed!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha, I'm so glad I know most of the songs you mention but I don't remember the tune. Anyway, I love that piece. I need something like that for the farmhouse bathroom. No luck in finding anything yet. Can't wait to see its transformation!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loving all the pieces Suzan! You do such a great job transforming furniture! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's going to be another beauty. That song is stuck now, but hopefully I can erase it by turning on the radio:-) Thanks for sharing at Vintage Inspiration Party.

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are all just beautiful! Last summer I redid one into a dresser and changing table for a granddaughter. Such pretty lines! Hopped over from the Vintage Inspiration Party...

    ReplyDelete
  16. They are all gorgeous with just beautiful shapes. Love the makeovers! Glad you got to go ask Alice! :) Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love each and every one. I find french provincial hard to resist even pieces I don't have room for or need. I'm going to focus on painting the ones I have instead of looking at pictures of more. I think the dresser in my bedroom is almost identical to the unpainted one in the last picture.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a wonderful roundup Suzan - I always love to see your transformations and when you say "no paint involved" you really peak my curiosity. Can't wait to see what you do. Thank you for sharing with Share It One More Time. Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a great collection of transformations! I am curious as to what you will be doing with the current one if it doesn't involve paint?????

    ReplyDelete
  20. Can't tell you yet Gilly - that's the rules LOL !!!
    Thanks !
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  21. You always amaze me with the beauty you create Suzan! I especially love the second gray and white piece and featured this post today at Your Turn to Shine. I appreciate you always sharing with us!!

    ReplyDelete

Due to a large amount of spam ( that I'm tired of going back to posts and deleting ) I'll be using comment moderation from now on !!!
Can I beat these spammers at their own game? Probably not - but I'm going
to try my damnedest !!!
xoxo