Tuesday, March 31, 2015

I WANNA live there Wednesday # 119

Good morning everyone !

Ready to look at an amazing historic property ?

This stunning home was built in 1798
850,000 worth of sheer beauty
4 beds, 3 baths, 1 half bath
With SEVEN fireplaces
Bowie, Maryland
Real Estate : LONG & FOSTER REALTORS
Real Estate Agent: GARY GESTSON






Those windows
Those built ins
That fireplace













First staircase




I want that armoire !!!




And I'll take this Armoire too ( please ) 


The rooms are all massive !!!


Staircase to third floor




Remove a few carpets - 
Redo a bathroom or two - paint - you know, put your stamp on it - isn't it simply incredible???

Have a wonderful day everyone !
Hugs,
Me

LOOKING FOR INSPIRATION?
JOIN ME AT THESE FABULOUS PARTIES !

THE CHARM OF HOME                                                    MY TURN FOR US
ONE MORE TIME EVENTS                                               BETWEEN NAPS ON THE PORCH
KATHE WITH AN E                                                           AN EXTRAORDINARY DAY

15 comments:

  1. Love the house..and I know that blue is historically correct there...and I even just put a bit of blue in my house---but that is too blue for me. I say paint and carpeting are in order...but the basic house is beautiful-including the exterior. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a beauty! And I'd do exactly what you'd do. The carpet and some of the paint colours really have to go!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful home, they certainly are not afraid of colour : ). I was doing the same thing, remove carpets, paint, etc, but then I stopped myself. No more old homes, though this one is 14 yrs younger than our house. Beautiful Federal woodwork and builtins. Our's is but a simple farmers home. xo Patty

    ReplyDelete
  4. It killed me that there was flat screen TV in the office!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing house and with someone eslse's mark it could be fabulous!!! I would LOVE to get in there and do it;):)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful house but,i would like to see the floors without carpet and some other changes. those rooms are huge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do love the approach to the house. Beautiful. It would take a while to pull out all the carpeting, though. I'd like to see this house after you finished with it, Suzan! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The outside looks almost identical to my house (without the additions) But the inside is nothing like it. Theirs is a lot more formal, mine has little handprints every where. But, when I painted each room is painted a neutral color and the trim is all in bright white. The house is gorgeous, but would cost a small fortune in paint alone. I'm sure the colors and furniture are correct, I just don't care for them, and oh, my house was built in 1978! A bit of a difference!!! Thanks for the tour, I love looking at other homes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How lucky you are !
      And it's probably the best type of house ( a reproduction ) so that everything is
      new ( ish ) !
      xoxo

      Delete
  9. There are ghosts in that carpet...you know the one.
    What a fun it would be to spend an afternoon just looking thr this house
    and getting to know some history about it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow such great space but the paint colors made me throw up in my mouth a little. hehe My dream fireplace in the kitchen...what am I saying, a fireplace anywhere in my house!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How magnificent! Thank you for sharing this stunning property with us. Of course I was redoing some of the decor in my head while looking, but the one room for me that's perfection is the kitchen with its weathered floor and exposed brick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've completely redecorated it in my mind too ! Wish it were mine and I was doing it in real time lol
      xox

      Delete

Due to a large amount of spam ( that I'm tired of going back to posts and deleting ) I'll be using comment moderation from now on !!!
Can I beat these spammers at their own game? Probably not - but I'm going
to try my damnedest !!!
xoxo