Tuesday, November 27, 2012

When taking a break pays off!

I needed a little break yesterday from painting - just a little one - a half hour one to be precise - hmmm - what could I do in those 30 minutes?
I could do my nails.
I could take a power nap.
I could walk the dog.
I could make my bed ( shameful I know )
I could take a bath.
I could whip up a batch of cookies.
OR.....................I could go on Craigs List and find ( and buy ) this!


does anyone else see what I see here?  I'm swooning so much it's hard to type -


It's ok kitty - you'll get over it - and stop trying to put the "evil eye" on it - it won't work!



Ok the adrenalin is flowing - I've got tons of energy all of a sudden so off to finish what I'm painting now.
I CANNOT wait to get my hands on this set though - it's not common to find pieces like this here in the city!
Doesn't she just scream Southern Belle?
Her name is Scarlett by the way ( in case you were wondering ) she may not look like her name now - but she will - she most definitely will. By the time I'm finished with her, she will be known to one and all as Miss O'Hara.

21 comments:

  1. Oh that is a fabulous piece! I'm sure you'll do it justice! I would have opted for a long hot bath and/or cookies! And that my dear, is why you find all the wonderful stuff that makes me so envious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a great piece. That being said, I am a little concerned about your not taking time to bathe. Step away from the paint cans!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a find! I can't wait to see her all dolled up : o )

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are right...this is a great find...and you spent your time so well! Enjoy it today, not tomorrow, Scarlett!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowza, yawza, bowwoza........that is a find!!!! Nice piece, see what good you can do if you stop taking baths?

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is awesome. I cannot wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Laser cat...lol! (It's from Saturday Night Live, in case you're wondering...)

    Boy what a piece! Or pieces I should say. They're fantastic!! Do they actually go together? I think that the dresser could actually be a hat dresser. The two top drawers are big and deep enough for hats.

    Can't wait to see it done! Frankly my dear, I DO give a darn...!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wait! I'm confused. Did those two pieces ever formally go together? You get both, right? Does the cat come with them? What is the cost of shipping to Wisconsin for that top piece once you're done with it? You make your bed? (What I do is a "suggestion" of making my bed.) You can resist a power nap?

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous lady and I know once she is painted she will be amazing! Great find for sure!
    hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  10. That style of dresser is sooo romantic! Can't wait for it to get the Suzy treatment!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! She's a beauty!!! Looking forward to seeing her after. Amazing find!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What colour, what colour? I can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Suzan!!!

    I LOVE IT!!!!!

    WOW!!! I can't wait to see what the finished look is going to be!!!!
    When, when, when???

    Pam
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  14. lol cant wait till were formally introduced lol great find

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful, Suzan! And my husband's grandma had one exactly. like. that. !! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks so much for your lovely comment on my sparkly baubles - already following you and enjoying your blog immensely :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Frankly, my dear...okay...I DO give a damn. That is a great looking piece and I can't wait to see you work your magic on it. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ahhh, your posts never disappoint to give me smiles..

    ReplyDelete
  19. My first inclination is to type something like Frankly my dear.... however I happen to love it.

    Bliss

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a find...can't wait to see what you do with her!
    Debbie :)

    ReplyDelete

Due to a large amount of spam ( that I'm tired of going back to posts and deleting ) I'll be using comment moderation from now on !!!
Can I beat these spammers at their own game? Probably not - but I'm going
to try my damnedest !!!
xoxo