Thursday, February 19, 2015

A cheap way to add some flair to a dresser

Good morning everyone !

I'm working on transforming a dresser right now - but didn't want to spend a fortune on knobs ( as in glass knobs which can easily add up to over a hundred dollars if there's a lot of them like on this one - 12 of them !!! ) so thought I'd show ( again - because I know I blogged about these a long time ago ) a frugal alternative.


These back plates are only a 1.29 from Home Depot

I LOVE them because they can easily be spray painted any color and can add such fun detail to any piece !


I spray painted them silver - and then dry brushed a little white on them and then sprayed the black handles as well -
and for 1.29 each  I have these




I've painted them pink in the past for a little girls dresser - gold a few times - and once in a coral color - it's a great way to add a little something - something to a dresser ( in a cost effective way )

For this dresser silver really seemed to be the way to go



Guess you know what I'll be working on today !


If I have to work on something white today - I'd rather it be furniture than the stuff that's hanging around outside lol

Have a great one everybody !
Hugs,
Me

LOOKING FOR INSPIRATION?
JOIN ME AT THESE FABULOUS PARTIES!

FRENCH COUNTRY COTTAGE                             TOO MUCH TIME ON MY HANDS
MY ROMANTIC HOME

20 comments:

  1. Great idea for backing the knob, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to turn plain knobs into fancy ones! So love your ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea!!! I will have to give it a try. :)
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome and so clever!!!! They look great and high end!!!
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliance is your middle name, Suze. Fantastic idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The back plates make all the difference in the world and such a great price! I like to use appliques to spiff things up a bit too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea! Silver and white always looks right 🎶. Patty

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea and you made them look extra special! Love that dresser too...great lines! Have a great Friday...:)

    Hugs, Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes- That's a great idea. Those little backplates really do add a special touch. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing this idea. I'll have to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful! Can't wait to see the dresser once finished.
    Love your knob backings. Great idea and very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love them and I love that dresser! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great idea and just in time,thanks and i like your dresser,lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marlene !
      Sometimes they're hard to find but they're always in the knob section !
      xoxo

      Delete
  14. Great idea! Love your blog and even more, a Canadian Blogger;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well YOU'RE living on the right side of the Country lol - we're freezing to death over here on the East side !!!
      ( lived in Victoria and Burnaby as a little girl for a little while )
      Welcome !!!
      xoxoxo

      Delete

Due to a large amount of spam ( that I'm tired of going back to posts and deleting ) I'll be using comment moderation from now on !!!
Can I beat these spammers at their own game? Probably not - but I'm going
to try my damnedest !!!
xoxo