Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Small gardens...............

For the first time in a very long time I have a large garden - but I have a special place in my heart for small or tiny gardens too - there's something so magical about a cozy little outdoor space.
The prettiest garden I ever had ( before blogging - oh how I wish I had photos of it ) was a small city one - 
walls of climbing roses - fairy lights and water fountains in the evening - candles flickering everywhere - it broke my heart to leave that one more than any other.
And although I'm diligently working on the quite large space we have right now - and I DO love it -  my mind keeps going back to my little haven.

Here's some images I found with what others have done with a little outdoor space................
( take notes Gerry !!! ) 

source
source
source
source
source
source
source
source
source
source
source
source
source
source
source
source
source
source
source
source

source
source
source
I'm in love with all of them and actually going through all of these I think - at the end of the day - I prefer the small gardens !

Have a great one all
Much love,

Sharing at the following fabulous parties !
One More Time Events                           I Should be Mopping the Floor                Uncommon Design
Between Naps on the Porch                   Coastal Charm                                         Kathe with an E
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia           Confessions of a Plate Addict                   Savvy Southern Style
A Stroll Thru Life                                   An Extraordinary Day                              The Charm of Home
Have a daily cup of Mrs. Olson              From my Front Porch to Yours                French Country Cottage
My Turn for Us                                      Life on Lakeshore Drive

25 comments:

  1. I love small gardens too, Suzan and that one you had sounds heavenly. I think the first two of these are my favorites. xo Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Small gardens are lovely for being easier to maintain but I think I need enough space for my fruit trees and veggies. However I'd find a corner to replicate one of these any time, you know in my dreams when it wouldn't be overrun with bikes and scooters and all other outdoor toys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're all lovely! But what do they do with that furniture when it rains?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some amazing pictures Suzan. I am always in awe of what people can do with their yards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Small gardens would definitely be easier to plan and keep up with. When you have a large space, it can be overwhelming. I live on 5 acres and although most of it is still wooded, I do have a large yard and just don't know what to do with it. Some day I will figure it out. Your yard and gardens are looking beautiful...you just have the touch!

    Blessings, Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  6. I keep my yard so simple, but there are so many great spots for gardening here. I like a big yard/garden better than a little one, and my husband has the COMPLETE opposite opinion. The little spaces you've shown here are nice though, very cozy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, they are all gorgeous!!
    Would love to have several of them for myself!! V

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love small garden better too, they are more cozy and inviting. These gardens are just so beautiful and inviting. Big is not always better.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Suzan,
    I like the small cozy gardens the best too. Such beautiful inspiration.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  10. Proof that bigger isn't always better! I would take anyone of these... TFS

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am drooling over these gorgeous gorgeous gardens!! Can't wait to see what you come up with too :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Maybe you can make small rooms in your big garden. Each would have their own decor and purpose and focus. Could be fun...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, I'm sure you will make the larger garden work. How can you miss with this gorgeous inspiration. I want to move that first one into my backyard straight away!
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you! I notice you didn't feature one with a cat toilet!!! I love the first pic with all the planting and the ones that look like rooms (well I would wouldn't I? Any excuse for more decorating) We've managed to clear most of the shingle and are now arguing over what to do next. Colin - Let's turn that area into a flower bed or maybe put grass down, Gerry - are you mad? Bob will just poo all over it, let's put decking down and and make a cat litter tray out of pallet wood, Colin - hmm you wouldn't really notice the poo... Gerry - YOU might not notice it but I would!!! The ****ing courtyard is only the size of a postage stamp, if you're comfortable with alfresco dining 2 feet away from a mountain of sh*te ... Colin - Can't we just get rid of the cat? Gerry leaves the room. (My tribute to John says, Suzan says) :-))

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely images. I love a small garden space - so much easier to manage.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love these spaces! Each one is so inviting. I enjoy checking in to your blog at all the lovely stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love them all - I could not pick a favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my goodness....I love this post....having reached retirement years (well past) I am ready for a small space. We have lots of land and it's been fun but just a small garden sanctuary is what I am dreaming of now. Thank you for all the fabulous ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I do love the coziness of small garden areas. Mine is somewhere in the middle. Only 1/3 acre, but it's about this old gal can keep up with. lol! Really it's therapy for me, but my knees feel it at the end of the day. Really lots of wonderful eye candy here Suzan! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you for share all this beautiful ideas! My favourite one is abslutely #6, so romantic!
    Hugs Silvia

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh that first image was my favorite! Just gorgeous garden rooms!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh those are simply beautiful! Thanks for the inspiration! Maybe you can create sections of small gardens in your big garden!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wouldn't that be great? I could have one of each of the above LOL
      XOXO

      Delete

Due to a large amount of spam ( that I'm tired of going back to posts and deleting ) I'll be using comment moderation from now on !!!
Can I beat these spammers at their own game? Probably not - but I'm going
to try my damnedest !!!
xoxo