Wednesday, June 3, 2015

I WANNA live there Wednesday 128

Good morning everyone !

For those of you that have followed this series since the beginning - you know that I often showcase Montreal's architecture !

What I've never mentioned is McGill University - located in downtown Montreal -  which is probably what this city is most famous for to outsiders - and which is - in & of itself - a glorious tribute to Montreal !

SOURCE
There's a neighborhood in Montreal called " Mcgill Ghetto "

For the main reason that it used to house a lot of Mcgill University students back in the day................
It used to be predominantly old Victorian town houses or flats that were in need of repair and so the rents were very reasonable.

Today it's been gentrified - with a lot of the interiors completely renovated - here's an example of what's on the market !

589,000
Built in 1900
3 bedroom - 2 bath
2 storey condo in Victorian Home
( upper 2 levels )
One garage space
Realtor - ROYAL LEPAGE - DEBORAH NEWTON

Walk score is rated at 99 ( out of 100 ) no car necessary - close to all amenities
























and the rooftop terrace with a panoramic view of the city and the mountain ( Mont Royal )



OR - 1685 a month - could get you this 2 bedroom apartment rental
Source - KIJIJI











Hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday !
Hugs,
Me


LOOKING FOR INSPIRATION?
JOIN ME AT THESE FABULOUS PARTIES !

MY TURN FOR US                                                 MY ROMANTIC HOME

6 comments:

  1. I especially love the three arched windows! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I want that first one, Suzan, as long as you'll redo the kitchen. Ugly kitchen, gorgeous house! And McGill University looks like a place I'd love to visit! Have a happy Wednesday. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Suzan!!

    Well, what can I say...Once a Montrealer, always a Montrealer!!

    The beauty and history that Montreal has is imbeadded in my heart and soul and nothing can change how I feel!! This house is so beautiful with the wood floors and the brick walls!! The way the rooms are furnished really adds the vintage with the new!! Love the fireplaces and the mirror over the fireplace in the condo is so vintage beautiful!!

    Great picks, as, usual!!

    Enjoy the rest of the week!!

    Pam
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. another lovely pick. thanks for the eye candy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the house with the exposed brick wall. How pretty. Would not mind the apartment either. Both would be good choices.
    Ahhhhh in my next life lol!
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  6. Living in California, where a 1927 house like ours is a rarity, I am always in awe of the splendor of the Montreal architecture.

    McGill looks like a beautiful campus.

    ReplyDelete

Due to a large amount of spam ( that I'm tired of going back to posts and deleting ) I'll be using comment moderation from now on !!!
Can I beat these spammers at their own game? Probably not - but I'm going
to try my damnedest !!!
xoxo