Wednesday, February 3, 2016

I WANNA live there Wednesday # 148


Good morning everyone !

We knew a lady once in Manhattan whose father had been offered a chance to buy a loft in Soho for 30,000 dollars in the 70's - in an old factory.  He laughed and told the other investors that no one would ever want to live in one of those.........................
It sold 10 years ago for 5 million -
Our friend used to laugh painfully when she told us that story.

I thought I'd take you down to Old Montreal today..............it's a pretty special part of the city filled with historical charm.
Cobblestone streets - little alleys -  horse and buggies - spectacular restaurants and entertainment at your door - the river and of course - old commercial buildings converted into lofts -

Old Montreal
649,000
5 rooms
2 baths
1320 sq. feet
Realtor - MICHELE BOUCHARD - GROUPE SUTTON












2ND BATH



Could I live in a loft?
In a Montreal Minute actually !

Neigborhood walks would include views like this - where not only are you transported back in time hundreds of years ago - it's almost like you've been transported back to Europe with all of the stone buildings.











Maybe our next move will be to Old Montreal :)
All neighborhood photos by DENIS TREMBLAY - ( more pics if you click on link )
In the meantime I have to decorate this space in my mind before I can let it go


Have a wonderful day everyone 
Hugs,
Me

LOOKING FOR INSPIRATION?
JOIN ME AT THESE FABULOUS PARTIES!

ART & SAND                                                 THE ESSENCE OF HOME
LAMBERTS LATELY                                            ONE MORE TIME EVENTS
THE INTERIOR FRUGALISTA                             BETWEEN NAPS ON THE PORCH
SAND AND SISAL                                                 A STROLL THRU LIFE
STONE GABLE                                                       AN EXTRAORDINARY DAY
KATHE WITH AN E                                               FLUSTER BUSTER
LEHMAN LANE

19 comments:

  1. I dream about taking wintertime walks in places like this, Suzan! I think I like this place better than any other I've seen on your blog - and I've seen a lot that I love. THIS IS MY PLACE!!! xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I could choose another life, this is where it would be!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! Perfect in every way except for a balcony or terrace which I would have to have! xo Patty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those floors! That view! Oh, my! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just stunning Suzan! Yes, I can feel that investors pain...lol! Mimi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my Yes, I would love to live here! Such a beautiful space in a city I hope to visit soon. I am visiting from Share your Cup.
    Nice to meet you………..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh.my.word. It's beautiful. I adore the brick walls, the old buildings, horse and buggy...sigh. If you move there, can I come visit you?
    Hugs,
    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Would be wonderful to live there with the town all around. Alas, the price is too high for me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great loft! We visited Old Montreal once. A special place for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, Old Montreal is gorgeous! That loft is nice too! I'll take it, esp in Old Montreal! My daughter lives in San Francisco, and it's the same story there as in Manhattan price-wise.
    Thanks for the beautiful pictures of Montreal.
    Love ya,
    Laura/Ethel

    ReplyDelete
  11. My son lived in a great loft building in downtown Los Angeles. He had it decorated great to divide the space and we loved visiting him for the cool downtown restaurants. But, now he lives in Santa Monica, just 1/2 block from the water with an ocean view so I think that's better.

    Thanks for sharing this great loft at SYC!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous space Suzan! I have always been partial to exposed brick walls, they add so much warmth to a room. And this house is full of them. A deam come true for me!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So beautiful! I would definitely live there :) I hope you can stop by:

    http://collettaskitchensink.blogspot.com/2016/02/book-review-heart-divided-by-kathleen.html

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fantastic space - that's my kind of loft!! Love the brick walls - such warmth - and those huge windows - wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The exposed brick walls really add a lot of charm!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, isn't that fabulous??????

    When I was in my teens and twenties I obsessed about living in the city in something quite similar - loved clean lines and contemporary decor. My word have I changed and wouldn't give up my green acreage and more mellow decor for anything....but when I saw this on your post my memories stirred alive again - but what dres me was the horse and carriage and that beautiful snowy Christmasy scene. Such a beautiful city, I should love to visit there soon.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love Old Montreal. I was their in my early teen, When I wanted nothing to do with with family camping vacation Old Montreal and Quebec are the only two places I wanted to go back and spend more time. I guess I was into old beautiful buildings even then. The piture in the snow are just beautiful. What is the name of the church shown in the picture? We visited a church that I remember was just georgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I would so love to live there, snow and all. So beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Due to a large amount of spam ( that I'm tired of going back to posts and deleting ) I'll be using comment moderation from now on !!!
Can I beat these spammers at their own game? Probably not - but I'm going
to try my damnedest !!!
xoxo