Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Tin Heart Garland

Good morning !
I'm not quite sure what happened to me this weekend but I was heartified or something -
I couldn't stop working on Valentines day crafts
I tried to - I just couldn't .


Ok - before I go any further with this post I have to tell you all something - I've got a sneaking suspicion that
Adele has been reading my blog.( and I've had it for awhile now )
I made that Hello sign in the summer.
And than all of a sudden she comes out with a number one hit song with that as the title?
I don't mind at all - really I don't - but a little recognition would have been nice don't you think?
If she comes out with a song about a string of metallic hearts next that'll just cement it.

Back to the tin heart garland -
Have you ever tried to snip 12 hearts out of tin ?


Neither have I - but I DID cut out 12 hearts from construction paper and then painted them with metallic paint................same thing, right?
Well minus the blood all over your fingers............and I didn't want to make bleeding hearts anyway









Have a wonderful day everyone !
XXX's  and  ♥ ♥ ♥'s
Me


LOOKING FOR INSPIRATION?
JOIN ME AT THESE FABULOUS PARTIES !

FLUSTER BUSTER                                                    MY SALVAGED TREASURES
LEHMAN LANE                                                        ART & SAND
THE ESSENCE OF HOME                                        I GOTTA CREATE
LAMBERTS LATELY                                                THE SHABBY ART BOUTIQUE
MY TURN FOR US                                                     ONE MORE TIME EVENTS
THE INTERIOR FRUGALISTA                                 BETWEEN NAPS ON THE PORCH
SAND & SISAL                                                   A STROLL THRU LIFE
STONE GABLE                                                           KATHE WITH AN E
AN EXTRAORDINARY DAY                                   FRENCH COUNTRY COTTAGE
TOO MUCH TIME ON MY HANDS                         THE PIN JUNKIE

32 comments:

  1. Your tin hearts look terrific - like the vignette on the bench.
    Have a great week Suzan.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! I work for a Titanium company but I doubt they'll let me have the scraps to make hearts! I'm sure it would be a hard sell to ask them to cut them on the machines. You're idea is much safer and much more economical!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Debbie - I'd find a way to get tin hearts made at work - trust me - I'd finagle a way LOL
      Thanks :)
      xox

      Delete
  3. You don't strike me as someone with a tin heart.

    I have some license plates I want to cut up to use the letters/numbers, but I'm afraid I will hurt myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. VERY pretty, Suzan! And I love that hat and mittens. Gorgeous!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are so cute! What brand/color of paint did you use? I thought they were real tin! Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The firstr thing I thought when I saw your heart garland was, whoa I bet she needed bandaides for this one! LOVE it - they really do look like metal hearts Suzan. Surprised to see there wasn't a John Says commentary included. He must Heart this idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Marie - I need bandaids just preparing and cooking dinner LOL -
      Thanks SO much -
      There WAS a conversation about them actually - that's why they're in the living room in the first photo and banished to the porch in the last ones LMHO !
      xxx

      Delete
  7. You are just the silliest! Love the hearts, nice alternative. Really love that cotton wreath -- need to make one for me. I've grown my own cotton for years and have saved all my bolls. Never knew what I should do with them until I started seeing wreaths on blogs. I'll add it to my list of things to do. sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really cute, Suzan! I guess Adele has to get her ideas from someone...you should take it as a compliment, haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THanks Julie - I DO take it as a compliment HA HA HA !!!
      XOXO

      Delete
  9. They do look like tin! Fantastic job....
    Darn that Adele,eh? Hahaha!
    Enjoy your evening...
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are pretty but making them out of wood is much easier!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Boy! You are the crafty one aren't ya! Ha! Great job Martha!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - my girlfriends used to call me Martha so this made me laugh out loud -
      I'm not really crafty at all but once in a while..................
      Thanks Cindy !
      xoxo

      Delete
  12. When I first saw the "tin hearts" I thought you were so brave to cut out the hearts from tin. Then I learned the secret of how to make tin hearts. They look fabulous and no hands were cut up in the process.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun idea and so much safer than tin! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Talk of the Town.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute, and yes, much easier than snipping tin! Thanks for linking up to The Talk of the Town link party.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Adorable! Looks just like tin.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello!! You sure had me fooled Suzan. The tin heart garlands are adorable. Clever girl!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Adorable garland! And thanks for linking up with Share Your Style. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  18. I already told you I love your hearts so Thanks for Sharing Your Cup!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a beautiful garland, Suzan! Lovely project! Thanks for sharing great tutorial!
    Enjoy your day!
    Hugs and love from Portugal,
    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. You are soooo clever!!! Love your heart garland, Suzan!

    Thanks for linking it to our party. [[hugs]]

    ReplyDelete
  21. These look great, so realistic. I have silver paint in my craft room I might try this tomorrow. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  22. What an adorable 'tin' garland Suzan. Thanks for sharing it too. I'm delighted to be featuring it at Shabbilicious Friday tomrrow.
    Hugs ~ Kerryanne

    ReplyDelete

Due to a large amount of spam ( that I'm tired of going back to posts and deleting ) I'll be using comment moderation from now on !!!
Can I beat these spammers at their own game? Probably not - but I'm going
to try my damnedest !!!
xoxo