Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Be our Guest !

Good morning everyone !

I seem to show so many pics of the actual process that it's a little embarrassing showing you the complete room ( since most of you have seen it in stages anyway ) but I want to have some sort of documentation of each room in it's entirety and this seems the safest place to put it lol .

So welcome to the little bitty guest room - created with little angels close to my heart in mind - but really it's a guest room for anyone :)

First of all - the room is so small that I cannot get a decent overall pic -

Suzan says - Do you think you can get on a ladder and climb up to the guest room window and take a photo
John ignores me
Suzan says - Do you think you can get
John interrupts - I'm going to pretend you didn't ask me to do that
Suzan says - I can't get a decent photo
John says - Now I've got to risk my life for your blog?
Suzan says - Oh please - you'll have to get up there anyway when you paint the house - just consider it a trial run maybe, please?
John says - Listen carefully - N.O.

Very nice..................and so you're stuck with little sections ( once again )

Here we go - around the corner from the stairs - tucked into the rafters - the guest room !!!
( it's tiny - so only 1 of you can see it at a time )


I found this miniature wreath in my stash - purchased from the dollar store for an Easter dinner - a miniature wreath seemed perfect to grace the door of a miniature room !


The first thing we did in this room was remove the carpets - and the linoleum underneath - many layers - it was a nightmare - and we still have 3 more rooms to do this with ( this is the reno that never ends - yes it goes on and on my friends )
I really wanted to paint a pattern on them - but there's so little floor space and what actually shows is probably only a few square feet once the furniture was in place - so I kept them white


and I added a little pattern with a throw rug ( that I also had on hand )


We picked up the bed frame for 50.00 from Craig's list - it's a double - which is as big as I could go in here


I found these pillows many years ago - they encourage you to DREAM if you're English


and since this is Montreal - and there's a good chance your guests could be French - you can simply turn it over - they're politically correct pillows LOL !!!




I found this frame in my stash



and gave it a quick silver " wash "


and then hung a narrow mirror inside of it - ( the banner is hiding the nails I used to hang it up - smoke and
MIRRORS lol )




The window is a tiny little multi paned window -



I hung up strips of net ( gauze? )


The only items I purchased new were the duvet and sheets ( and the cuckoo clock )
The bed frame was a Craig's list find - and the furniture were items I had -


Tucked in a little nook ( which happened to be the perfect size ) I placed a dresser


as you can see I added a little gingham detail to the drawers as well


and facing the bed I was able to fit the " paris " armoire



The cupboard door and the inside of the bedroom door were given a little gingham " treatment "



Hopefully the little ones will be sleeping over often !!!

This is how the room looked when we came to see the house



It definitely needed a little " something - something " don't you think?


I'm including some links if you'd like to see before's

Armoire - HERE
Dresser -  HERE
Bed frame - HERE
Cuckoo Clock ( yes - it had a makeover LOL ) HERE
Gingham painted pattern tutorial HERE

Thanks so much for all your comments on my metal leafs - I'm going to try to get back to you all sometime today - if I can find the time before - during - or after starting on this room


Thank God for this blog, let me tell you, it seems to be lately that the only break I've had in reno's is when I'm sitting down writing up a post.

Much love to each and every one of you
Hugs too
Me


Looking for inspiration?  Join me at these fabulous parties!

The DIY Dreamer                                Beyond the Picket Fence                      DIY by Design             
Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson         I Gotta Create                                       Shabby Art Boutique
From my Front Porch to Yours           French Country Cottage                        My Romantic Home
Too Much Time on my Hands            Miss Mustard Seed                               One More Time Events
The Dedicated House                          Be Different Act Normal                      Coastal Charm
I Should be Mopping the Floor           Between Naps on the Porch                  Sand & Sisal
Cedar Hill Farm House                       A Stroll thru Life                                   Kathe With an E
An Extraordinary Day                        Savvy Southern Style                             Adorned From Above
Beyond the Picket Fence                    My Turn for Us



75 comments:

  1. I love it Suzan. What a cozy little retreat for your guests. I especially love the bed frame. I see that you have been getting the spammers, too. I have had all my accounts hacked and even had my blog shut down. What a nightmare. We will prevail, though. xo Laura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of the spam was horrible !!!
      Then my search engine stopped working for awhile- then the pin button - very frustrating
      Thanks so much for your kind words !!!
      xxx

      Delete
  2. This room may be small, but it's huge on charm...sounds like a cliche, but it's true! I'm so used to small rooms that it doesn't even appear that tiny to me. Love, love, love the window. And you furnished and styled it to perfection...definitely your forte!
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suzan, anyone would have sweet dreams in that pretty bedroom. It is just lovely. You have the magic touch and vision and carry it through with a lot of hard work and time. Beautiful! And now, one more room to do? It never ends. Have a great day. Going to be sunny and 20 here today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very sweet remodel. And here you go again, glad you find a bit of rest while posting. I did this to my entire house, so I know how much work and planning it takes. Enjoy the fruits of your labor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been 10 months of non stop - and I do mean non stop and I'm nowhere near finished !!!
      Thanks so much Karen - it's gorgeous here today so at least I can open the windows while I'm painting lol
      xoxo

      Delete
  5. Good morning!!!! The guest room is gorgeous!!! The before and after tells is all!! I love seeing Soda's painting there, the perfect spot for it. The whole room is perfect, and you have made it so!!! Have a blessed day, it is pouring cats and dogs here, stormy weather. XOXOXOX Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The little ones just adore Soda so actually it IS the perfect spot for it !
      I have a feeling it may be moved around the house from time to time though lol
      Thanks so much Karen - talking myself into starting the other room as I type - all the paint and rollers and tray have been brought up - it's time !
      xoxoxo

      Delete
  6. I patiently waited my turn and found your little guest room a delight. Some of you may be horrified to know that all three of the bedrooms in my house are about this size.

    ReplyDelete
  7. you've created a darling little room. the thing that is so special about your home is all those cute little windows! Wish builders would go back to using windows with characters instead of the square boxes they use now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is the cutest room i've ever seen in my whole life...i love everything in it..and the little window is so adorable.
    Is it ok if I use a photo or two of your ladder (holding the cotton) for an upcoming post, with links back to you ....and mostly to John..? Tell him I promise to use his by-word, HELL.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohhhhhhh Love. I cannot wait to come and stay in that pretty guest room!!!!! It looks amazing Suzan. Great job. Love that little multi paneled window. How cute it that!
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an adorable little room! You might never see me when I come to visit!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your room is so cute! You gave it a lot of charm with the paint and accessories. I really like the head board and am smitten by that little window. I would love one of these in my house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Jennifer
      That little window is my favorite part of the room - ( although everything is little lol )
      XOXO

      Delete
  12. Oh Suzan, you did a terrific job on your guest bedroom. I am packing my bags and coming for a visit. Everything is perfect in that room.
    Have a wonderful week.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  13. Suzan- What a great job! I love it. BUT when Kris and I come to visit I am NOT sleeping in a DOUBLE bed with her! Can I have the bathtub instead? I love everything you did in there. It may be a big job, Suzan, but all your efforts are going to be rewarded. Your visions are all coming clear as you move along. Hang in there!!! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your guest room is beautiful! And I think it's bigger than mine. :/

    -andi

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love it! It's so cozy, love that you painted the floors:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Rhonda - I'm in the process of painting all the floors upstairs !
      2 left to go !
      xoxo

      Delete
  16. Beautiful re-do Suzan! Beautiful!! You had me going there with the cupboard door though... I was hoping that wasn't the door to the room then you could only have Hobbit guests who would find the double bed too large. lol
    ~ Christina

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the cute and charming room! It reminds me of a room in the Charmer, so does the small window. There's something just always warm about a small room. The door is also adorable, and the room is perfect for guess. Love the headboard!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh Suzan! It's a lovely room. It definitely needed something and you gave it that and so much more! Anybody would love to stay there. It's beautiful!
    You poor thing! three more rooms with yucky floor? You have my sympathy!! Yikes. Vacation time soon, I hope?
    Been wondering how Miss Soda is doing...
    hugs,
    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sweet, sweet wee room. The furniture and your painted checker effects add so much charm and tie it all together. Lovely darling! Patty

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love it! It is just dreamy...:) I'm glad I'm not the only one with a tiny guest room. I love everything about it...great job! I saw that sweet Soda's portrait hanging there...so sweet!

    Blessings, Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  21. Susan,
    You did a great job with the room...it looks so pretty and cozy. Beautiful taste in decorating!!
    Regards,
    Diane@babiesbridesandlavender

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love your guest room...so cozy and pretty!!
    ~Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  23. It turned out so lovely Suzan! I love all the pretty details like the gingham on that sweet little door and the dresser. That armoire is perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Suzan you've done an amazing job, it's so gorgeous. John really should've risked life and limb for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. BJ sent me over and I LOVE what you have done! Can't wait to visit your past posts and will eagerly await your new ones!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Well this room turned out simply stunning and all your hard work paid off. I would be delighted to stay in a room like that and I'm sure your guests will be too!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Suzan, you're a genius and your room looks fabulous! Love the mirror in the frame and am intrigues by the silver wash of it. It looks perfect for a guest room and I know you still have a lot to do, but look how much you've gotten done! It's all so much better than day 1!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. You have come a long way! I am really enjoying your reno saga. BTW it looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I know i am new to your blog but this room is wonderful and everything was thought out very nicely. Have a wonderful fulfilling day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Marlene !
      I wonder why the tiny rooms take the longest to redo LOL
      XOXO

      Delete
  30. I had a bad day today. Rudeness and negativity threatened to flood my soul.... and then I saw your room and there was lightness and hope that people still dream (in either language) and love and laugh. People of all ages will know that you have created a place where only goodness counts. Thanks. These are the good thoughts that you bring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry to read that you had a bad day - ( I'm having one today actually - my little Soda's having an operation and I'm worried sick )
      Your words are like salve.............truly
      Much love,
      XOXO

      Delete
  31. Beautiful job, Suzan! Love the dresser and armoire so very very much. And I can't believe your hubby wouldn't risk his life for your blog! Silly man...
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Katherine -
      John can be selfish like that LOL
      Half of me wanted to get up on a ladder myself - but the other half still has a brain in her head
      XOXO

      Delete
  32. Charming and cozy. Great transformation Susan.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love it! I can't believe he wouldn't climb the ladder for you! What is WRONG with him, ha ha ha .

    ReplyDelete
  34. What an inviting room. I love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  35. What a pretty room, all of your touches are pitch perfect Suzan. I think you should publish a book called John says Suzan says, it'll be a best seller for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Suzan the room is everything wonderful! You have given it so many fun details! Love the gingham accents you painted on the door and dresser. The mirror inside the frame is darling and that little window with the gauze is just so sweet! Love, love it all! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  37. Holy moly, Suzan, what a transformation! Yes, you've showed bits and pieces, but to see it all in one place is a treat! It exudes charm! LOVE the french armoire!

    ReplyDelete
  38. What a lovely room. You've included some terrific pieces, but my favorite is the armoire. Just stunning. I saw your link at Treasure Hunt Thursday. Ann Marie @ Iris Abbey

    ReplyDelete
  39. Great transformation!!!

    Big Texas Hugs,
    Susan and Bentley

    ReplyDelete
  40. I love love LOVE how you transformed this room! It's like taken out of a story book, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Oh my word, this little room is adorable. I have a tiny guest room even smaller, so I really appreciate all you've done. Gorgeous. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Love your little jewelbox guest room and that awesome window.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I love that - a jewel box ( because that's basically the size of it LOL )
      Thanks so much !
      xoxo

      Delete
  43. You gave the room the something - something that it needed because it is darling now! Love that little alcove for the dresser and the colors you used. Your little guests should be delighted! Have a great week.
    Hugs, Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  44. What a beautiful room. I love the calm color palette.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Oh boy - could I dream in this room! I am absolutely in love with the gingham accents! And that armoire - absolutely gorgeous. No, stunning. The room looks so cozy, warm and inviting. You did a great job. Good luck with the next room. I will be waiting for pictures! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for leaving such an amazing comment !
      That armoire has had 2 changes so far - it was absolutely horrid when I bought it!
      xoxo

      Delete
  46. WOW BRAVO ! LUCKY LITTLE ONES ! MORE MORE !

    ReplyDelete
  47. How darling your guest room is! Lovely. xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  48. Hi Suzan, just hopping by to let you know that I will be featuring you at SYC this week.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  49. Well done, Suzan! I love how you went from drab to FAB!

    You will have visitors lining up. I should like to be first in line!

    Bravo!!

    ReplyDelete
  50. Oh. My. Goodness. I love this, Suzan! That little casement window that opens in? Yes, please. Way too cute. Love the gingham, the bed, the furniture,the colors, love. . .everything. You're so creative. Well done! Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  51. P.S. I had a terrible time with spammers until I went to Open I.D. on Blogger several months ago. That worked for me. I only get one on occasion now, and then I mark it as "spam" and it stops after one or two.

    ReplyDelete
  52. Wow Suzan!!! So much love went into this room, I love that you spent so little on it too. Definitely featuring tomorrow, it deserves to be seen!! Thank you for sharing at The Handmade Hangout at Redouxinteriors!

    ReplyDelete
  53. Hi Suzan,
    This has got to be the cutest room ever. Grandkids or guests will love this room. Thanks so much for sharing with Adorned From Above's Link Party. We hope to see you at tonight's party.
    Debi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Debi !
      See you later, gator
      xoxo

      Delete
  54. We are featuring this post at tonight's Adorned From Above Link Party. Thanks so much for sharing it with us.
    Debi and Charly

    ReplyDelete

Due to a large amount of spam ( that I'm tired of going back to posts and deleting ) I'll be using comment moderation from now on !!!
Can I beat these spammers at their own game? Probably not - but I'm going
to try my damnedest !!!
xoxo